Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I remember the first Witcher being quite different combat wise. I didn't get into it, but absolutely loved 2. I have to go back to the first.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Left for Dead 2 is free until tomorrow. Free as in FREE free. Not just one day play thing, even though it's old and alot of people have it still fun to mess around in if you never got the game.

3. Likes Gers , Nerevar likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Friend gifted me Castle of Illusion for Christmas!! YAY

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    Left for Dead 2 is free until tomorrow. Free as in FREE free. Not just one day play thing, even though it's old and alot of people have it still fun to mess around in if you never got the game.
    Thanks for posting! Now I have Left for Dead 2 for free aswell

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Nooooo think my SSD is about die
    Had a power cut the other night and the drives performance has gradually been getting worse. Slow boot speed, minutes to open software, lagging/hanging every 20 seconds or so and then catching up what you typed/clicked on during the freeze etc and now it has started randomly BSOD'ing on me.

Fortunately I've managed to copy the more important stuff to another drive but my main reason for posting in this thread, my steam games directory is a larger internal HDD, the Steam program is installed on C, when I get my new drive and install steam will it find my games on the other HDD without having to download everything again?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    That's a $#@! Gaz, my SSD in my laptop started showing sings of degradation but i reinstalled windows and so far so good again.

Steam might. It's kind of shady in that regard. You can get a tool called Steam Mover which might help with what you are trying to do.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Got Nuclear Throne even though its not on sale, good game if not considering the awful graphics.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    That's a $#@! Gaz, my SSD in my laptop started showing sings of degradation but i reinstalled windows and so far so good again.

Steam might. It's kind of shady in that regard. You can get a tool called Steam Mover which might help with what you are trying to do.
    Cheers mate, it's frustrating with it only being 16 months old. Bought it a year ago in august. It's by no means the best on the market but I expected it to last a bit longer! Kingston offer 3 year warranty so at least I should get a replacement/refund but it's more the hassle of it all, little things like internet bookmarks, setting up email accounts etc. If I went for a re install I couldn't help I'd just be prolonging the issue as it's gotten quite worse over a 48 hour period.

For the sake of downloading acouple of hundred GB I may just let steam download them all when I get my new drive rather than trying to locate the current games files as no doubt I'll start getting some kind of issues there as well

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Steam supports custom libraries, all you got to do is tell steam where the library is then it will do the rest.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I have been playing Outlast and really enjoy it. I confess I changed the battery limit because just seems to go by so fast. I did not change health. This game has kept me on my toes.

Veteran

STEAM SALES.... Wallets... Brace yourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Steam supports custom libraries, all you got to do is tell steam where the library is then it will do the rest.
    Awesome cheers

My games directory is E: Games so just direct steam to that and it'll recognise them?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Awesome cheers

My games directory is E: Games so just direct steam to that and it'll recognise them?

Yes I have the same thing my program is on my 128GB SDD which is for my OS only everything else like steam games are installed on my 500GB hdd if I wiped my OS with a fresh install of Win 7 and steam etc I just tell steam where the folder is once I've signed in and it's done

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Guys Hotline Miami is on sale (80%), its an awesome game and I highly recommend it, get it while you can.

Supreme Veteran
    So far this sale I have downloaded 84GB.

This includes

Max Payne 3
    The Witcher Enhanced edition
    The Witcher 2: ...enhanced
    Duke 3D: Megaton (less than 500MB)
    Deus Ex: Human revolution
    Last edited by keefy; 12-27-2013 at 16:04.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    I'm still holding my breath and hoping that games I haven't already got will be discounted enough. I wanna se Splinter Cell: Blacklist at 50% or something like that and Skyrim Legendary Edition at 75%. I know it's quite unlikely that they will get that low, but I've got to restrain myself a little this time and only buy games that I really want and at a really good price.

Elite Sage
    I've bought absolutely nothing during the sale. I've purchased BF4 Premium and DayZ standalone recently though

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I haven't purchased anything from the sales yet. I've sold the cards for 3 euros though, might end up getting some cheap indie game.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    I'm still holding my breath and hoping that games I haven't already got will be discounted enough. I wanna se Splinter Cell: Blacklist at 50% or something like that and Skyrim Legendary Edition at 75%. I know it's quite unlikely that they will get that low, but I've got to restrain myself a little this time and only buy games that I really want and at a really good price.
    Blacklist has already been 50% off.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    The Skyrim Legendary Edition at 66% is a markedly better deal than Blacklist at 50%. Don't think you'll see it get above 66% this sale.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi Uk View Post
    Yes I have the same thing my program is on my 128GB SDD which is for my OS only everything else like steam games are installed on my 500GB hdd if I wiped my OS with a fresh install of Win 7 and steam etc I just tell steam where the folder is once I've signed in and it's done
    Thanks.

And thanks again to those who helped. Just installed win7 ultimate on new SSD now and downloading afew programs. Went smooth so hopefully all done and dusted

Supreme Veteran
    Also with the Splinter cell game you will probably have to install Ubisofts Uplay client meaning you click the game in steam which in turn launches Uplay then you can click the game in Uplay to actually launch the game.

Yes its dumb but that is Ubisoft for you shafting the PC gamer.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Blacklist has already been 50% off.
    Oh? I must have missed it. I've just seen it be at 33% so far.

Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    The Skyrim Legendary Edition at 66% is a markedly better deal than Blacklist at 50%. Don't think you'll see it get above 66% this sale.
    Well, it depends on how you see it. I'm thinking that Skyrim (base game = november 2011, legendary edition = june 2013) is an older game than Blacklist (august 2013). But on the other hand you get all the DLCs when you get Skyrim Legendary Edition. Skyrim probably is a better deal in the end, but I gotta restrain myself from buying alot of games right now.

Also with the Splinter cell game you will probably have to install Ubisofts Uplay client meaning you click the game in steam which in turn launches Uplay then you can click the game in Uplay to actually launch the game.

Yes its dumb but that is Ubisoft for you shafting the PC gamer.
    I'm familiar with the U-Play service. I have Splinter Cell: Conviction and GR: Future Soldier already. Yeah, I really hate that you have to use all these different services (steam, u-play, origin etc) just to play the games you wanna play.

Supreme Veteran
    Its fine using any ONE of them for one game but Ubi forces us to use theirs AND steam if you buy it on Steam. ITs the reason my Uplay name is "Uplay sucks"

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Haha, Guacamalee is -0.01€ for me right now, but I can't add it to my cart.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Its fine using any ONE of them for one game but Ubi forces us to use theirs AND steam if you buy it on Steam. ITs the reason my Uplay name is "Uplay sucks"
    Yeah that gotta suck. Fortunately I got both those games that I mentioned on disc, so I just have to use Uplay when I play them.

Thread Information