Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

PS4 Launch Boosts PS Vita Sales

Not surprised by this story but it's good news for the Vita

The PlayStation 4's launch resulted in a significant boost in PlayStation Vita sales, Videogamer reports.

Vita sales increased by 68 percent the week of the PS4 launch, and 65 percent the following week, according to MCV magazine. Although Sony didn't release any specific sales numbers, it did attribute the sales bump to the company's new console: The Vita can be used as a second screen for the PS4.

"PS Vita sales wise we are continuing to see strong week-on-week growth since our latest campaign kicked in," Ben Law, senior project manager, said. "The new TV advert went live this week and we've already seen amazing feedback from PS4 owners on the Remote Play feature, and the success of Tearaway highlights what [a] great proposition PS Vita is, either as a standalone device or as the perfect companion to PS4."

The PS Vita recently reached its second birthday. Although the platform turned heads with its reveal in 2011, it's been struggling consistently since its release, leading Sony to include PSP sales in reports, in an effort to mask the Vita's struggles.

Source: IGN
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

2. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    I never thought i would buy a vita, But PS+, Tearaway and Remote play did it for me last week. Best decision made.
    Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    sure that's good but percentages are relative terms. that's why i don't care about them. if sony made this statement, it's just PR.

in the end, i feel that they made a mistake with the price and for that alone, the thing will never be as successful as the 3DS and who knows if it will even catch up with the PSP. it should...PSP did ok but it took a long time for it to get there (in handheld cycle).

Veteran
    One of the stores that's most likely to have PS4 in-stock is Newegg, who will only sell it in bundles that they made, and one of the cheaper bundles is a PS4+Vita bundle. So Newegg played their part in increasing Vita sales.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Not surprised. Hell, I want to buy a PS4.. just can't really bring myself to actually buy it. Is it worth it?

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Not surprised. Hell, I want to buy a PS4.. just can't really bring myself to actually buy it. Is it worth it?
    Do you mean a PS4 or a Vita?

Vita is on my list as a purchase for early next year, really want it for remote play but it will get used for games and other things as well!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Remote play obviously playing a factor in this.

Wonder how popular the Vita and PS4 bundles are and if that had any bearing on Vitas increased sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

PS4 Launch Boosts PS Vita Sales

Now all they need to add is DS4 support, and then we will have a portable PS4 anywhere.

On the move with Tapatalk
    Last edited by MjW; 12-27-2013 at 00:20.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Do you mean a PS4 or a Vita?

Vita is on my list as a purchase for early next year, really want it for remote play but it will get used for games and other things as well!
    wife got me the vita for Xmas. loving it so much. while I wait for infamous Second son. vita will be my main gaming platform until then. Being playing ff9, super stardust.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I had a Vita and sold it, but now I wish I had it back for the remote play thing. Maybe I'll get it again in the future.

PSN ID
    italodancemp3
    GTA 5 on PSVITA will boost sales,sony is kinda noob
    PSN: italodancemp3

Purchased Physical PSVITA Games: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster,Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus,Metal Gear Solid HD Collection,Resistance: Burning Skies,FIFA14

Purchased Digital PSVITA Games: Muramasa Rebirth,Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate,Dead Nation,FEZ,SteamWorld Dig,Need for Speed: Most Wanted,Gunslugs,Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable,Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus,Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition,Uncharted: Golden Abyss,Dead or Alive 5 Plus

Superior Member

PSN ID
    XSpike
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    sure that's good but percentages are relative terms. that's why i don't care about them. if sony made this statement, it's just PR.

in the end, i feel that they made a mistake with the price and for that alone, the thing will never be as successful as the 3DS and who knows if it will even catch up with the PSP. it should...PSP did ok but it took a long time for it to get there (in handheld cycle).
    I will never understand those who complain bout the Vita's price, Nintendo had to slash the 3DS price as the Vita was going to retail at the same price & it wasn't selling the best.. But now once again & has been for awhile, you can pick up a Vita for the same price as a 3DS.

3DS is the real rip off hardware wise, I wouldn't buy one for the price Nintendo wants as how they price stuff
    Bow down before Drippy - Lord High Lord of the Fairies

Thread Information