Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    No matter where you're at, or which platform is being talked about, there are always people that "grasp".
    Amen to that!

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    No matter where you're at, or which platform is being talked about, there are always people that "grasp".
    lol...indeed. funny stuff here.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Seriously?

Answer this: What does the DS4 and streaming twitch options have to do with "it'll be the competition sports console too"?

Then address this:

Why won't/can't twitch be patched on the Xbox One software? How is it BS? What does the 256MB dedicated hardware on the PS4 have to do with the capabilities of the Xbox One?

Can you answer any of that?
    The xbox1 might have some trouble with streaming because it does lack the 256mb, unless the reason they set aside so many cores and ram with the OS is because of it, Xb One does not have dedicated streaming hardware last I knew, unlike PS4, but the OS has 2 cores, 15% gpu and 3gb? or is it 2GB? of ram locked out for OS, some of this could be for future streaming purposes but we have to wait and see.

Thank you itachi

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'm pretty sure streaming is coming to XB1 in 2014 IIRC..?

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I'm pretty sure streaming is coming to XB1 in 2014 IIRC..?
    Yeah but doesn't mean it will be as good as PS4, ps4 has a separate piece of hardware dedicated to streaming.

Thank you itachi

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    The xbox1 might have some trouble with streaming because it does lack the 256mb, unless the reason they set aside so many cores and ram with the OS is because of it, Xb One does not have dedicated streaming hardware last I knew, unlike PS4, but the OS has 2 cores, 15% gpu and 3gb? or is it 2GB? of ram locked out for OS, some of this could be for future streaming purposes but we have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Yeah but doesn't mean it will be as good as PS4, ps4 has a separate piece of hardware dedicated to streaming.
    I think ya'll misunderstand what that extra chip is even for. It handles everything backloading. standby, auto downloads, uploads, etc. Everything done in the background is done on that chip. It isn't "dedicated streaming".

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I think ya'll misunderstand what that extra chip is even for. It handles everything backloading. standby, auto downloads, uploads, etc. Everything done in the background is done on that chip. It isn't "dedicated streaming".
    Are you telling me all this streaming to Vita, recording/streaming of gameplay is all done ontop of the current CPU/GPU usage? Hell no.

Even PC gamers know once you start up fraps or whatever you use to record and stream footage you take a performance hit! Nividia now has shadow play built into their video cards DEDICATED HARDWARE to combat this issue.

The chip is likely a H.264 encoder, fast and free to developers.
    Xbox One does not have this.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    This.^ I read an article about that extra chip quite awhile back and what I read was saying the same thing that F34R is saying here. Dont know where all this dedicated streaming chip nonsense is coming from. lol

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Are you telling me all this streaming to Vita, recording/streaming of gameplay is all done ontop of the current CPU/GPU usage? Hell no.

Even PC gamers know once you start up fraps or whatever you use to record and stream footage you take a performance hit! Nividia now has shadow play built into their video cards DEDICATED HARDWARE to combat this issue.

The chip is likely a H.264 encoder, fast and free to developers.
    Xbox One does not have this.
    Maybe you should tell Cerny "hell no"....

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/20/pl...-seamless-vid/

Lead system designer Mark Cerny took the stage at today's PlayStation 4 announcement event, and he's just revealed some very interesting features of Sony's newest console. Cerny said that the PS4 is equipped with always-on, always available hardware for both video compression and decompression, which means that playing and recording video won't take up the CPU during your gameplay. This makes for a lot of interesting features, like seamless uploading and downloading of video -- you'll be able to just hit the "share" button on the new Dualshock 4 controller, browse through "the last few minutes of gameplay," find what you want to send, and then upload it while you continue on through your game.

Cerny also said that having this much video running around will allow players to share and view video at will: You'll be able to browse through videos of potential opponents before you play against them in a game, or view streaming videos on a PS Vita or "companion apps" on tablet hardware. Players will also be able to interact while watching each other play, or even "take over the controller" remotely via video streaming. The hardware sounds very impressive indeed. Stay tuned to the Joystiq liveblog and to the site all day today for more info on the PlayStation 4 and how it all works
    In the live blog that Joystiq was doing during the PS 2013 Event:

@ 6:26 min mark:
    Ludwig Kietzmann 10 months ago
    The PS4 has dedicated, always-on video compression and decompression. We're seeing the redesigned interface for PS4.

Ludwig Kietzmann 10 months ago
    The PS34 has a secondary custom chip for background processing, allowing background download and processing. Games can be played while they're downloading, says Cerny.
    Unless you know more than them, or you know about ANOTHER secondary custom chip... please share the knowledge with us.

Ultimate Veteran
    PS4 is equipped with always-on, always available hardware for both video compression and decompression, which means that playing and recording video won't take up the CPU during your gameplay.
    Xbox doesn't have this.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Xbox doesn't have this.
    Seriously...

Does the Xbox One have a "dedicated processor" that is away from the main cpu/gpu die? Not that we know of, so I'll say, "NO" it doesn't have a separate chip for that workflow. However, if they are reserving x% of the main cpu/gpu, for the OS, which handles that type of work, ya know... always on, game dvr, etc., then it does have the capabilities.

I don't think anyone has said, not on these boards anyways, that the Xbox One has the exact same layout and hardware.

I know for a fact that my Xbox One in the same type of "standby" mode that my PS4 has, downloads, is "always on" when I activate the console via a controller, etc. Isn't it? Are you saying that it doesn't do anything?

Jesus. So you can say that the Xbox One doesn't have an off the same die processor as the PS4. Nice.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    To lay the streaming debate to rest:

X1 can and will get streaming, but would I assume it will have the same image quality as ps4? hell no.

Why? because even without streaming X1 can't maintain parity in IQ with ps4 in most games right now. Now any performance overhead from streaming must come from the CPU in X1 due to the absence of a dedicated ARM chip like on the ps4. That chip on ps4 does video compression/decompression on the fly (hence vita streaming works so well compared to ps3) without any additional CPU/GPU allocation I assume. But like F34R said already, MS may already have accounted for that and reserved some CPU and GPU before release which they will unlock with a patch later

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

X1 can and will get streaming, but would I assume it will have the same image quality as ps4? hell no.

Why? because even without streaming X1 can't maintain parity in IQ with ps4 in most games right now. Now any performance overhead from streaming must come from the CPU in X1 due to the absence of a dedicated ARM chip like on the ps4. That chip on ps4 does video compression/decompression on the fly (hence vita streaming works so well compared to ps3) without any additional CPU/GPU allocation I assume. But like F34R said already, MS may already have accounted for that and reserved some CPU and GPU before release which they will unlock with a patch later
    If it's in "MOST" games, then it isn't hardware problems. It would have to be ALL games in order for it be a hardware problem, not enough resources, etc. It is more likely developer issues due to the early launch. That's my guess.

However, if it stays like this and the multiplatform games just don't look as good or play as well as the PS4 version, then you'd be right. Only time will tell there.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    of course. like with the PS3, people were grasping on certain things. Now it's with Xbox One. At some point it's going to happen this way but the fact that the CPU is faster is a pretty big deal for those CPU enthusiasts there. Most of them were saying the Xbox One has a faster CPU but that isn't the case now.

Dedicated Member
    So, when does this benchmark start benchmarking the XBO's Cloud Processors?
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    of course. like with the PS3, people were grasping on certain things. Now it's with Xbox One. At some point it's going to happen this way but the fact that the CPU is faster is a pretty big deal for those CPU enthusiasts there. Most of them were saying the Xbox One has a faster CPU but that isn't the case now.
    That's why I stay away from specs. It doesn't interest me too much. Features and games. That's what I like.

Forum Overseer

Seriously...

Does the Xbox One have a "dedicated processor" that is away from the main cpu/gpu die? Not that we know of, so I'll say, "NO" it doesn't have a separate chip for that workflow. However, if they are reserving x% of the main cpu/gpu, for the OS, which handles that type of work, ya know... always on, game dvr, etc., then it does have the capabilities.

I don't think anyone has said, not on these boards anyways, that the Xbox One has the exact same layout and hardware.

I know for a fact that my Xbox One in the same type of "standby" mode that my PS4 has, downloads, is "always on" when I activate the console via a controller, etc. Isn't it? Are you saying that it doesn't do anything?

Jesus. So you can say that the Xbox One doesn't have an off the same die processor as the PS4. Nice.
    now i don't know much about streaming but i know it takes a lot of resources. you guys are getting confused by the semantics here. no, the ps4 does not have a dedicated chip for streaming but it does have a dedicated chip that will also be used for streaming. that is still a big advantage over having to give up some resources from the same pool that is being used for gaming.

we'd have to see how X1's setup is but the basics are that if you're taking resources from a pool, it's not very efficient because to have an interruption-free resource split, i'd think they'd have to use up more resources for smoother exchanges. that's just how basically this stuff works.

a dedicated chip that has its own RAM, means that it will not affect the game in any way. so yes, a chip that is dedicated to stuff of this nature is still a better option.

after that, i don't know much about if the quality will reach PS4's. i don't suppose anyone really knows that. we'd have to know specific numbers i.e. how much resources kinect 2 uses, how much resources the OS functionality uses and likely will continue to use or how much will it free up the resources once they tweak the code. how much is left over for additional tasks such as streaming and how much twitch requires and will require moving forward. i don't think anyone would know the answer to those questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

but we don't know how much RAM is just sitting there, not being used, the RAM that is being reserved for OS/Kinect functions. So it's possible that the resources are there, just reserved.
    If it's in "MOST" games, then it isn't hardware problems. It would have to be ALL games in order for it be a hardware problem, not enough resources, etc. It is more likely developer issues due to the early launch. That's my guess.

However, if it stays like this and the multiplatform games just don't look as good or play as well as the PS4 version, then you'd be right. Only time will tell there.
    actually it doesn't have parity in any multiplat game that i know of so that would be correct. comparing an exclusive to another would be difficult and not conclusive yet, until we have a bigger sample to go with.

we don't know if the One has enough resources left for the streaming or not. I'd think they did or they wouldn't promise it. because they can't use up more RAM than they did day 1 (for non-gaming functionality), they can only use less RAM than that. if they did that, the games out right now would not run on the updated consoles of the future.

18. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Finally this thread delivered ^^ Great posts guys.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    now i don't know much about streaming but i know it takes a lot of resources. you guys are getting confused by the semantics here. no, the ps4 does not have a dedicated chip for streaming but it does have a dedicated chip that will also be used for streaming. that is still a big advantage over having to give up some resources from the same pool that is being used for gaming.

we'd have to see how X1's setup is but the basics are that if you're taking resources from a pool, it's not very efficient because to have an interruption-free resource split, i'd think they'd have to use up more resources for smoother exchanges. that's just how basically this stuff works.

a dedicated chip that has its own RAM, means that it will not affect the game in any way. so yes, a chip that is dedicated to stuff of this nature is still a better option.

after that, i don't know much about if the quality will reach PS4's. i don't suppose anyone really knows that. we'd have to know specific numbers i.e. how much resources kinect 2 uses, how much resources the OS functionality uses and likely will continue to use or how much will it free up the resources once they tweak the code. how much is left over for additional tasks such as streaming and how much twitch requires and will require moving forward. i don't think anyone would know the answer to those questions.

but we don't know how much RAM is just sitting there, not being used, the RAM that is being reserved for OS/Kinect functions. So it's possible that the resources are there, just reserved.
    actually it doesn't have parity in any multiplat game that i know of so that would be correct. comparing an exclusive to another would be difficult and not conclusive yet, until we have a bigger sample to go with.

we don't know if the One has enough resources left for the streaming or not. I'd think they did or they wouldn't promise it. because they can't use up more RAM than they did day 1 (for non-gaming functionality), they can only use less RAM than that. if they did that, the games out right now would not run on the updated consoles of the future.
    I'm not the one confused at all. That long first part of your post is the same ideology I had already, and stated it. Everything else is just adding to the "we don't know" category.

As far as the parity in multiplat games... NBA2k14, Madden 25, FIFA 14, Need for Speed Rivals, are all pretty much the same. The other two are better on the PS4, COD and BF. That "debunks" the "actually it doesn't have parity in any multiplat games that I know of..."

Forum Overseer

I'm not the one confused at all. That long first part of your post is the same ideology I had already, and stated it. Everything else is just adding to the "we don't know" category.

As far as the parity in multiplat games... NBA2k14, Madden 25, FIFA 14, Need for Speed Rivals, are all pretty much the same. The other two are better on the PS4, COD and BF. That "debunks" the "actually it doesn't have parity in any multiplat games that I know of..."
    you're right, i wasn't thinking about the sports games. the point is that they're likely not going to use more resources just for streaming. they likely have the reserved amount either sitting there, being temporary used by something else or they expect to free up enough resources to include this feature. the last thing would explain the delay.

either way, going back to the original discussion. yeah, there's some stuff we don't know, but what we do know (and what matters in this discussion) is that dedicated chips are better than shared pools. and X1 has the capability to stream as well.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you're right, i wasn't thinking about the sports games. the point is that they're likely not going to use more resources just for streaming. they likely have the reserved amount either sitting there, being temporary used by something else or they expect to free up enough resources to include this feature. the last thing would explain the delay.

either way, going back to the original discussion. yeah, there's some stuff we don't know, but what we do know (and what matters in this discussion) is that dedicated chips are better than shared pools. and X1 has the capability to stream as well.
    That secondary processor with the 256MB of RAM, is definitely better in my view. I think the early release of the Xbox One, which is my opinion that it was released early, they didn't have the time to do all this stuff from a software standpoint.

I HOPE, for the sake of the discussion alone lol, that the Xbox One can and will have streaming options patched in lol. Personally, I'll use streaming not included with either console because it is too limited. So, in that respect, Sony better patch OUT the HDCP issues with being able to capture/stream off the box.

I've been right on just about all the things related to the Xbox One, and PS4 for that matter.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm not the one confused at all. That long first part of your post is the same ideology I had already, and stated it. Everything else is just adding to the "we don't know" category. As far as the parity in multiplat games... NBA2k14, Madden 25, FIFA 14, Need for Speed Rivals, are all pretty much the same. The other two are better on the PS4, COD and BF. That "debunks" the "actually it doesn't have parity in any multiplat games that I know of..."
    Actually NFS Rivals looks better on PS4 according to DF Face off.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Actually NFS Rivals looks better on PS4 according to DF Face off.
    You should actually read the entire review and don't rely on someone picking a single line out of it and creating a thread title.

Here's something a little better than a thread title.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ce-off-preview

All in all, our preliminary verdict of Need for Speed: Rivals is mostly positive; a true 1080p game on each platform, running at a consistent 30fps - though afflicted by the above-mentioned irregularities in motion. With asset quality and frame-rates being on par, each next-gen version comes packaged with a unique visual bonus; the refined bokeh depth-of-field on PS4, and the ambient occlusion on Xbox One - though neither find a moment to stand out during the core racing.
    This kinda of stuff is getting a little tiresome to have to correct others on.

I'll be out of the "office" until around 2PM EST.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You should actually read the entire review and don't rely on someone picking a single line out of it and creating a thread title. Here's something a little better than a thread title. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ce-off-preview This kinda of stuff is getting a little tiresome to have to correct others on. I'll be out of the "office" until around 2PM EST.
    Oh get off your high horse already. If this browser had copy and paste I would post some links that back my statement. I read the entire DF Face off so maybe you should take your own advice instead of cherry picking from a Nov. preview build comparison. The one I read and would have linked is the Dec. comparison done on the final retail builds. So youre not correcting me on anything. Whats getting tiresome is watching you desperately defending your XBone purchase every time somebody says something about it that you dont like along with your condecending attitude. Give it a rest. Welcome back to my ignore list. Youre the only one on it now so you should feel honored. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-24-2013 at 12:03.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Oh get off your high horse already. If this browser had copy and paste I would post some links that back my statement. I read the entire DF Face off so maybe you should take your own advice instead of cherry picking. Youre not correcting me on anything. Whats getting tiresome is watching you desperately defending your XBone purchase every time somebody says something about it that you dont like along with your condecending attitude. Give it a rest. Welcome back to my ignore list. Youre the only one on it now so you should feel honored. lol
    It is the vs thread after all and that was a sarcastic jab. I can't see why that would be condescending. Anyways.. I don't ever defend my purchase. Well, there was that time when my wife saw the cc bill for it.

You're taking it too personally and it wasn't meant to be personal at all. If you want to play in the vs sandbox, you have to play. Meaning, don't push the toys to the side and make it a personal argument.

Df.. Nfs comparison. That is the toy we are playing with right now .

You should feel honored because I typed this on I95 @ 90mph!

Thread Information