Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    yea you will lol.

the reason they didn't have many activities is because you can either choose a big map or a lot more activities. most people would just like to drive around rather than do activities in a smaller map. they had very limited ram to work with.

next-gen, they will have tons more, trust me, you are going to be blown away and you will buy it at launch. mark my words.
    You're going a bit overboard there I would say. ;P

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    yea you will lol.

the reason they didn't have many activities is because you can either choose a big map or a lot more activities. most people would just like to drive around rather than do activities in a smaller map. they had very limited ram to work with.

next-gen, they will have tons more, trust me, you are going to be blown away and you will buy it at launch. mark my words.
    I hope your right, since GTA5 (single player) felt right on the edge of being excellent, though hardware limitations (And Trevor, but that's a different conversation for a different time.) held it back.

Dedicated Member
    Personally I felt that the game was quite honestly a steaming pile of crap. Is it really that hard for RockStar to fix the damned controller latency? Or do GTA fans count that as a non-issue?
    I for one don't like games where my actions are translated a second or more after I've pressed a button. And please don't tell me that it adds to "realism" or makes you feel "human", it doesn't. Naughty Dog very succinctly exemplified the difference between a weighed feel to the inputs and actual latency in The Last Of Us.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's not like the Rockstar team that made the game will be enveloped into the remake. A small team, probably a branch of a dev team will port this over to the "next gen" consoles. I don't think for a second that it'll be hampering the main team from working on their next project.
    yeah i guess... i guess im just hoping that this isnt going to become a normal thing, it sucks having a good game youve already paid for on the last console come out with better graphics and $#@! for a new console... even though i havent purchased the few games announced for next gen remakes... i really hope they do the right thing and at the very least allow PS3 owners a price break-upgrade like ACIV,BF4,ETC's buy on PS3 upgrade to PS4 for 10$ plan.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You're going a bit overboard there I would say. ;P
    you know it's true lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    I hope your right, since GTA5 (single player) felt right on the edge of being excellent, though hardware limitations (And Trevor, but that's a different conversation for a different time.) held it back.
    well of course there are hardware limitations. you have to look at what this game is doing that others aren't. and that, my friend, is where it beats the $#@! out of all other games, in just about everything it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3-The Ultimate Machine View Post
    Personally I felt that the game was quite honestly a steaming pile of crap. Is it really that hard for RockStar to fix the damned controller latency? Or do GTA fans count that as a non-issue?
    I for one don't like games where my actions are translated a second or more after I've pressed a button. And please don't tell me that it adds to "realism" or makes you feel "human", it doesn't. Naughty Dog very succinctly exemplified the difference between a weighed feel to the inputs and actual latency in The Last Of Us.
    lol that's fair. no, they're not doing it because it's more realistic, it's likely to do with their euphoria engine. yeah, i totally agree, that is one of my biggest issues. especially when someone just nudges you in an online game and you fall down slowly and then take your time getting up. it's annoying.

it might be a combination of the engine and what they want. they probably don't want you to be able to turn around like you could in the other GTA games, which would seem very unrealistic. but at the same time, i think the euphoria engine wouldn't let them because it's very physics-based and if you were to turn around like that, it might not work well.

i've gotten used to it and i'd rather have physics than the wonky movements in the older games. but yes, i don't like the player's slow movements. it isn't input lag i assure you though.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    You'll be skipping Tomb Raider then

Can't have it both ways and just want the games remastered that you want and all the others are a waste of time.

As tomb raider, it's ideal for those who missed out on it on PS3/360, want the collectors editions or just want to see the improvements over last gen.

I too hated remakes to begin with but after having afew I soon changed my mind and think they're an excellent idea to the catalogue of games.

Just to name afew I picked up last gen were sly cooper trilogy, GoW, prince of Persia and hitman. All of which I'd never played before and with the amount of games out I don't think releasing remakes had any effect on new games coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GTA V is almost in a class of its own though and actually looks next gen. It's got killer graphics didn't get it on PS3 so I will be getting it for sure.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

GTA V coming to next gen. (Info inside).

Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    GTA V is almost in a class of its own though and actually looks next gen. It's got killer graphics didn't get it on PS3 so I will be getting it for sure.
    So will I, don't understand quoting my reply to SomaXD though?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I don't think the game is really that worth the second purchase unless of course they offer a $10 upgrade program for it.
    Only way I get it. Hope so cause I find it hard to go back to PS3 games tbh

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    Not even close.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    I'd pick it up for a $10 upgrade just for the hell of it, other than that nah. Good game but not worth spending full price again.

Forum Sage
    Not even close.
    Oh it looks totally 'next gen' (I can say that)... With the poor draw distance, pop ins and jaggies everywhere. It is totally next gen.

12. Likes F34R likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Sure, if the upgrade is only $10 or less and I have all my stats, money and saves, then sure. Otherwise, $#@! YOU ROCKSTAR.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Oh it looks totally 'next gen' (I can say that)... With the poor draw distance, pop ins and jaggies everywhere. It is totally next gen.
    it has jaggies in areas that have a lot of structures but otherwise it's almost nonexistent.

draw distance is amazing and pop-ins are almost none. all they need to do is give it a little face lift and it could pass for a cross-gen game.

Forum Sage
    I disagree. The game has jaggies everywhere from my first hand experience with the 360 version and I wouldn't say the draw distance is anywhere near amazing, it looks like everything is foggy in the distance. It's good for the PS3/360 but I wouldn't say it's an amazing looking game.

It's amazing what they have made possible to run on the old hardware, i'll give them that. Visually, GTA5 wouldn't win any awards from me. I'm a spoilt gamer though.

Forum Overseer
    I disagree. The game has jaggies everywhere from my first hand experience with the 360 version and I wouldn't say the draw distance is anywhere near amazing, it looks like everything is foggy in the distance. It's good for the PS3/360 but I wouldn't say it's an amazing looking game.

It's amazing what they have made possible to run on the old hardware, i'll give them that. Visually, GTA5 wouldn't win any awards from me. I'm a spoilt gamer though.
    you may have seen a certain sort of weather but this is one of the best draw distance i've seen in a game. maybe you can give an example of what amazing draw distance would be.

i'm saying that it needs a lift of course, in its state, it's running on a dated hardware so we can't expect 4x AA. but even then it looks fine in bigger environments. when you're in the city area, the jaggies are bad.

considering the amount of things you can do and the amount of structures, AI, objects and terrain this game has within its map, it's quite impressive. how many games do it better? i don't know of any. i'd think maybe ARMA 3 but last time i checked, the game looked kinda dead to me. GTA 5 doesn't have much competition.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, nothing wrong with it on the PS3/360. Great game. Great achievement with what they did with it. However, saying next gen with it how it is, no way. Not even close. Period. That's all I'm saying. Just wait till you see the side by sides when it finally does come out on the One/PS4.

Forum Overseer
    Yeah, nothing wrong with it on the PS3/360. Great game. Great achievement with what they did with it. However, saying next gen with it how it is, no way. Not even close. Period. That's all I'm saying. Just wait till you see the side by sides when it finally does come out on the One/PS4.
    i never said it is next-gen-like even. all i said was that with a next-gen lift, it could pass for a cross-gen game.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    i never said it is next-gen-like even. all i said was that with a next-gen lift, it could pass for a cross-gen game.
    Wasn't talking about you saying that, hence no quote of your post.

Forum Sage
    you may have seen a certain sort of weather but this is one of the best draw distance i've seen in a game. maybe you can give an example of what amazing draw distance would be.

i'm saying that it needs a lift of course, in its state, it's running on a dated hardware so we can't expect 4x AA. but even then it looks fine in bigger environments. when you're in the city area, the jaggies are bad.

considering the amount of things you can do and the amount of structures, AI, objects and terrain this game has within its map, it's quite impressive. how many games do it better? i don't know of any. i'd think maybe ARMA 3 but last time i checked, the game looked kinda dead to me. GTA 5 doesn't have much competition.
    I've played the game through to 100% completion with a friend, i'm sure i've most if not all of the weather effects the game has to offer. Even GTA4 when played on the PC has a bigger draw distance (you have to remember I'm a PC gamer so most open world games have large draw distances) but games such as the Assassins Creed games, Mafia 2, Farcry 3, Arma, Borderlands/2, Sleeping Dogs, the list is kind of endless with games that offer a larger draw distance than what GTA 5 currently offers.

For me, I've noticed jaggies everywhere. I might be more sensitive to it that most console only players as I often have the option to eliminate said jaggies so when they remain they often stick out like a sore thumb to me and other PC gamers.

As I said, what Rockstar have achieved is amazing on such old hardware but just because they got it running doesn't mean much in my eyes. There are times when GTA5 looks good but I never once played it and said "wow, that looks great". Some people thought it looked great which is fine but personally I thought it looked average at best but when you consider the scale of the game it is impressive they got it looking that good at all.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    If it's part of the upgrade scheme I'd consider it, but I didn't enjoy the online and the single-player's finished so it's pretty pointless on my part.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Forum Overseer
    I've played the game through to 100% completion with a friend, i'm sure i've most if not all of the weather effects the game has to offer. Even GTA4 when played on the PC has a bigger draw distance (you have to remember I'm a PC gamer so most open world games have large draw distances) but games such as the Assassins Creed games, Mafia 2, Farcry 3, Arma, Borderlands/2, Sleeping Dogs, the list is kind of endless with games that offer a larger draw distance than what GTA 5 currently offers.

For me, I've noticed jaggies everywhere. I might be more sensitive to it that most console only players as I often have the option to eliminate said jaggies so when they remain they often stick out like a sore thumb to me and other PC gamers.

As I said, what Rockstar have achieved is amazing on such old hardware but just because they got it running doesn't mean much in my eyes. There are times when GTA5 looks good but I never once played it and said "wow, that looks great". Some people thought it looked great which is fine but personally I thought it looked average at best but when you consider the scale of the game it is impressive they got it looking that good at all.
    maybe you're playing different games. this is arma 3:

i would say that's fairly comparable.

AC4

Far Cry 3 and AC 4 obviously have superior details (also they're 1080p while GTA 5 is half the resolution), however my point was never to say that GTA 5 was better. I said that it was comparable and with a next-gen lift it could easily be seen as a cross-gen title. that draw distance is amazing considering how $#@!ty these consoles are.

Assassin's Creed 3 PC. not bad but not better either.

not sure why you think Mafia 2 is all that.

borderlands 2 is OK, it lacks a lot of details due to being cel-shaded, obviously it's going to have a decent draw distance. it would be a crime not to.

sleeping dogs PC, nothing special.

arma 2 lol.

like i said. i'm not saying GTA 5 has a better draw distance than any game ever made but it's pretty damn comparable considering one of those is a cross-gen game, the other is a totally next-gen game made specifically for the PC.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    I didn't buy GTA 5 on PS3 just in case they release a PS4. Can't wait to see it.

Thread Information