Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

GTA V coming to next gen. (Info inside).

I'd go through this again start to finish for sure on PS4.

If you were like many of gamers out there, you traded or sold your PS3 or Xbox360 to bankroll your entrance into the Next Gen console of your choice , thus causing you to miss out on the massive epic that is GTAV.

Well have no fear, because Lazlow from Rockstar Games spoke during an interview on Opie & Anthony’s SiriusXM program revealing in not so many words that they are indeed working on Next Gen ports of GTAV. He doesn’t come out and say it, but use your detective skills & read between the lines. (Grand Theft Auto V, PS4, Xbox One)

Source:
    http://n4g.com/news/1417063/lazlow-f...-ports-of-gtav
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 12-21-2013 at 17:34.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Fingers crossed they'll let us upgrade on PS4.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

3. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I'm still trying to finish it on PS3. I don't find the driving nearly as fun as GTA IV, so I won't be buying this on next gen.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good thing I did not buy GTA 5, I had a feling it will come to ps4

Superior Member
    LOL @ if you are like most gamers trading in your PS3 or 360 ...Actually I sold GTA5 and for good reason. They can keep this overrated game off of the new consoles.

7. Likes Demi_God , HellsJester likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I'd play it again

Extreme Poster
    there's nothing in that conversation. but yes, it's obvious that it will eventually come out.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I think they'll continue making great games and probably break more sales records. David Cage can keep his movies disguised as games off the new PlayStation though.
    Why did you bring up David Cage in response to him? He made no mention of him or his games...

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Awesome! cant wait to play all the games i have already AGAIN on a new console!!

/sarcasm

Seriously, as cool as this may be, i want NEW games not HD remakes. (especially GTA... i $#@!ing hate GTA)
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I didn't get GTAV in purpose, in hope for a next gen version. So yes, I'll definitely buy it when it comes out.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Awesome! cant wait to play all the games i have already AGAIN on a new console!!

/sarcasm

Seriously, as cool as this may be, i want NEW games not HD remakes. (especially GTA... i $#@!ing hate GTA)
    You'll be skipping Tomb Raider then

Can't have it both ways and just want the games remastered that you want and all the others are a waste of time.

As tomb raider, it's ideal for those who missed out on it on PS3/360, want the collectors editions or just want to see the improvements over last gen.

I too hated remakes to begin with but after having afew I soon changed my mind and think they're an excellent idea to the catalogue of games.

Just to name afew I picked up last gen were sly cooper trilogy, GoW, prince of Persia and hitman. All of which I'd never played before and with the amount of games out I don't think releasing remakes had any effect on new games coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    You'll be skipping Tomb Raider then

Can't have it both ways and just want the games remastered that you want and all the others are a waste of time.

As tomb raider, it's ideal for those who missed out on it on PS3/360, want the collectors editions or just want to see the improvements over last gen.

I too hated remakes to begin with but after having afew I soon changed my mind and think they're an excellent idea to the catalogue of games.

Just to name afew I picked up last gen were sly cooper trilogy, GoW, prince of Persia and hitman. All of which I'd never played before and with the amount of games out I don't think releasing remakes had any effect on new games coming out.

i already skipped tomb raider... if i did want to play it though... i might as well wait for a remaster since id rather just have the best version avail. (on consoles) but its still not ideal that all PS3 games just get remade in "HD" seriously, how much time and resources are being wasted remaking games rather than making new ones? id rather the devs spend the time and resources on new projects or even sequels... anything is better than this.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

15. Likes PhillyPhreak likes this post
    Forum Guru
    i already skipped tomb raider... if i did want to play it though... i might as well wait for a remaster since id rather just have the best version avail. (on consoles) but its still not ideal that all PS3 games just get remade in "HD" seriously, how much time and resources are being wasted remaking games rather than making new ones? id rather the devs spend the time and resources on new projects or even sequels... anything is better than this.
    I meant you'll be skipping the remake if you despise them that much. Yet you say otherwise in the TR remake thread.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I always thought it would because the screens I saw were no way PS3 quality, maybe high end PC or next gen.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I had fun with gta5 but was still let down with the side activities/properties. This will have to be one hell of a port to make me double dip.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

19. Likes Malt, victorijapoosp likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's not like the Rockstar team that made the game will be enveloped into the remake. A small team, probably a branch of a dev team will port this over to the "next gen" consoles. I don't think for a second that it'll be hampering the main team from working on their next project.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Developers want to make the most amount of money off one project, the best way to do it is just port it to every available device capable of running it.

Friendship is Carrots
    I skipped it for now in hopes they'll release a PC version. I'm going to be very upset if they don't.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Superior Member
    There's been remakes (more like enhanced versions) of games dating back to the old Sierra adventure games like Kings Quest and Leisure Suit Larry and probably before that, it's nothing new.

I for one will happily play through GTA V again to 100% (already done it twice) on the PS4.

I'm also really looking forward to the enhanced Tomb Raider.

Of course if this new gen becomes a generation of reboots, remakes and HD versions (very doubtful) it will get old fast!!

Veteran
    I don't think the game is really that worth the second purchase unless of course they offer a $10 upgrade program for it.

Veteran
    Didn't get a chance to play it last gen so when it comes out on PS4 i'll most likely give it a whirl.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Developers want to make the most amount of money off one project, the best way to do it is just port it to every available device capable of running it.
    Hopefully GTA:SA will come to the Vita. *clinging with every bit of hope

27. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Wow. Was not aware that this many people hated GTA5.

Elite Member
    GTA5 took several years and millions of dollars to make. Why on earth would they not release the game for next gen consoles when it released within a month of them coming out? If you don't want to spend the money on it the next gen version then that is fine. Don't bother trying to make sense of any of it, because you don't understand basic business principles. Rockstar has quite a few studios around the workd. It's not like they need every single one of their resources to port and upgrade a game. You think they don't know how to run a successful business by now? Besides this game caters to many people.

People who did not buy it because they knew next gen was coming out.
    People who did not buy it at all yet.
    People who loved the game and want to enjoy it with whatever upgrades it receives.

I'm not buying it because I grew bored of it, but you wont see me bashing them bringing it to next gen.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    i dont understand, isn't this guy just an actor for the radio station?

[BTW I didn't like gta v - it had less to do than GTA IV, It also had less interiors/enterable buildings - very little property buying, "Businesses" are crap] [After skyrim expected something more from rockstar]
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 12-22-2013 at 15:40.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Thread Information