Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Edge: Dark Souls II Preview (also general discussion)

Does PSU have any souls fans? Personally DSII will be my first souls game but I have been watching a playthrough of dark souls and I gotta say, just WATCHING the game is so addictive and fun. I would buy dark souls and play it before the second one hits, but I'm afraid I have seen most of the game's bosses and stuff so it wouldn't be much of challenge anymore. I have the game preordered but would have liked a next gen version

Recent interviews state the devs are interested in working on next gen but haven't announced anything. Miyazaki is only supervising DSII so I assume he is working on Demon's Souls 2 for ps4 exclusively (since sony owns the IP)

Edge Preview
    Dark Souls II is FROMSOFT biggest game in the studio's history with the development team roughy doubled.
    Miyazaki is closely overseeing development of the game, unlike of what was previously reported.
    Production of the game was split in two, with Yui Tanimura in charge of battle mechanics and gameplay while Tomohiro Shibuya is in charge of world and design.
    The opening cinematic will be available for public sometime in January.
    Members of the Brotherhood of Blood and Blue Sentinels can fight PvP battles within their own Covenants.
    Hints of a new Covenant that will act as a police force hunting down invaders, adding an element of risk on those who seek to prey on weaker players.
    Dark Souls II world is about the same size of Dark Souls, but in regards of how proceeding through the world the player will be given more freedom to choose their decisions.
    Lifegems are being balanced and tuned, number of items in general will be limited to balance the game progression.
    Dark Souls II bosses will not be necessarily bigger than Dark Souls, just more interesting in terms of design and fighting style.
    Feedback from the beta was positive, the results of the test proved that Bamco's servers in Japan have plenty of capacity, though it will likely set up local servers in North America and Europe too.
    The darkness of Huntsman's Copse was a common complaint in the beta, FROM said that they are not going to make any brighter, there will be critical moments where you will be forced to choose between a shield's protection and a torch's vision.
    The team cranked up the difficulty but it's still debating whether it's too hard or too easy.
    Regarding the PC version, Tanimura says the game development is based on PC and they will make sure that the main PC game features are supported.
    Regarding Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions Tanimura said that "We have not put any thought into this yet, so I unfortunately can’t answer at this point."

PSN ID
    Selathor
    I cant get hyped for this game tbh. The beta controls sucked and i really doubt the PvP community will stay as long as they have on DeS and DkS because of that... Might buy it for the PvE/story but other then that: meh.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Are there any Souls fans on here?!

Mate, I'm like the biggest Souls fan there is. Put hundreds of hours into the previous 2 games. This can't come out soon enough!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Huge Souls fan but i like co-op and hate pvp and looks like Dark Souls II is making it less of a game i like so i wont be buying it.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Huge Souls fan but i like co-op and hate pvp and looks like Dark Souls II is making it less of a game i like so i wont be buying it.
    I agree with this. I really wish the game(s) has a stronger ability to actually coop through the game with someone. I would have loved to play Dark Souls with my cousin.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I agree with this. I really wish the game(s) has a stronger ability to actually coop through the game with someone. I would have loved to play Dark Souls with my cousin.
    Thank you for this i thought i was insane.
    People call co-op "easy mode" but is it so damn hard scaling the game for co-op? Like give enemies more HP, Have them hit harder, More enemies on screen, Even enemies have exclusive abilities they wont use unless fighting more than 1 player. With scaling they can potentially make the game even more hardcore for people that want it. Just have 3 players co-oping but only 1 player takes the level on by him/herself so people can get insane difficulty thats optional. Diablo 2 did this with a scaling command.

PVP should always be 100% optional. If i just want to PVE with buddies and not worry about getting invaded i should be able to do that. If i bought this game i would be forced to play by myself with the internet unhooked up to my PS3. Forced PVP is disgusting. Oh and $#@! soul signs i should be able to just invite a buddy through my friends list. This is not the experience i want in a game so i wont be buying Dark Souls II.

Apprentice

I am still looking forward to this, but without it coming to PS4 that really sucks. I am going to have to go back to PS3 to play this I suppose. I'll probably wait until I hear how the game is, and then if it kicks ass, I'll get it.

Dark Souls and Demon Souls are two of my fav games of all time
    I love my PS3, but I'm ready for the PS4!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by vesh1717 View Post
    I am still looking forward to this, but without it coming to PS4 that really sucks. I am going to have to go back to PS3 to play this I suppose. I'll probably wait until I hear how the game is, and then if it kicks ass, I'll get it.

Dark Souls and Demon Souls are two of my fav games of all time
    iagree it sucks it's not coming out on ps4 but that's going to be a lot of good current-gen games for a few months. it's something we just have to bare with...

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    So excited for this game, my most anticipated of all games coming out this year. And those complaining about co-op/PvP stuff should probably just play Elder Scrolls online or something. Dark Souls is perfect, probably the greatest game of all time.

And the OP's comments about the game not being much of a challenge because he's watched some youtube videos is hilarious.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

Thread Information