Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No, it hasn't. Previous generation I was immediately swooned by the sight of Oblivion on the horizon. A next-generation, open-world RPG displaying a seriously technical achievement in comparison to current games? That massive draw-distance, physics, AI, graphics, and it's a sequel to my favorite game of all time? I was sold! I did not rest until I had an Xbox 360 to play the game.

Nothing on the XB1 or PS4 greatly interests me (besides Second Sun, but that's one game). I think I'll bite a PS4 in a couple of years, once it has a larger library of desirables and a cheaper price. For the XB1, most of its titles that I have interest in (Titanfall) will be on PC anyway. So far the Wii-U is actually the most tempting new-gen console, due to its first-party. But there's nothing there to fully seduce me over.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 12-24-2013 at 14:21.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

2. Likes 33x likes this post
    Apprentice

I hear where you are coming from. I was way more excited about the ps3 than the ps4. It seems like the launch model ps3 could do more and has more bells and whistles of it's time right out of the box.It seems the ps3 is better at connecting to wifi than the ps4 at this time, for example. That's not to say Im not looking forward to some ps4 games like metal gear and when rocksteady releases another batman game it's going to be very worthwhile owning a ps4.

But as for excitement goes, I actually at this time am more interested in MAME emulators for some of my favorite arcade games, That and I miss being able to just put a game in and play it without having to update/download/install something. I do not like the current trend of incomplete games, I.E. more frequent dlc that basically could have been in the game to start with, now with more and more cases of microtransactins Im just worried that pretty soon the games will get less and less for the price and they push hardcore for digital only by trying some bs tactic like buying digital means you get the ''full game'' I've been playing my ps3 more than the ps4 lately. Theres no games that im really interested in for it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Okay so I am either showing my age or I am just bored of computer games.

I never pre-ordered a PS4 and I do not regret it. There is only Metal Gear Solid that interests me, and my new hobby is using Linux on the PC.The last game I completed was Max Payne 3 on the 360. I only play BLOPS 2 and Battlefield on the PC.

Another thing I find annoying is that games are not backwards compatible like they are on the PC counter-part.

Have any of you lost interest in gaming altogether?

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Way too early to be making judgements...hell, this new gen has just shed its nappy...first wave of games never bother me...2nd n 3rd gen games will be much better.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    Dullisten
    You don't have to tell us your age, for us to realise that u've grown grumpy haha Just kidding!
    I know how u feel, had a same type of spell couple of years ago, couldn't sum up the enthusiasm to play a game for more than 10 min. And I've been a gamer since I was 4-5 years old. After not playing for a year or so, the interest came back. But I must be honest, there are many a times I sit and think bout how happy Zelda: Ocarina of Time made me, and how much I enjoyed it. I don't think I'll ever come by an experience that does the same for me, but I guess that is just what age does

As far as the ps4, I am really happy I bought it launch day. Ps3 I didn't even bother checking when it was coming out as I was more than happy playing PES6 on my ps2 for the time being.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Haha...30's are the best period of my life...
    Launch titles are usually just run throughs aren't they...bang em out with nicer graphics...and they can get away with it at this time of year (chrimbo and console launches = $$$).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    My interest in gaming has faded a bit over the last year or so. I think because I burnt myself out trying to play as many games as I could. I still game a lot but I pace myself now. But PS4 has revived my inner gamer again.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Hell, I'm having a hard time going back to my beloved PS3 for gaming. Over the last few months I've added the PS4 and the Vita. Those two are dominating all my gaming time and being able to remote play (sometimes) to boot.....yeah, I'm pretty pumped about this gen.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

9. Likes Justin , mistercrow, TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I was more hyped for PS4 then PS3. but we are geting older. so stuff like this dont get us hyped as much lol

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Its true. Although my interest in gaming has never faded. Just fatigue sets in now n then..the fire's still burning. Nothing will put that flame out...37 n goin strong haha

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Once 2014 rolls around with all those games, i'd say i'll be plenty excited.

Ultimate Veteran
    MotorStorm, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Skate were games that convinced me to pick up and play the PS3. I especially have fond memories of MotorStorm and its sequel, MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.

Driveclub doesn't have the same cool kid in the class-type appeal that MotorStorm had which instead goes to inFAMOUS: Second Son. Final Fantasy XV looks interesting too though I'd be more interested in a new Final Fantasy from Hiroyuki Ito.

What really interests me about the PS4 is the potential for the console to have the kind of amazing third-party support that the PS2 had. Call of Duty/Battlefield-like shooters and zombie games bore me but I also don't want interactive movies, Monster Hunter clones or the countless indie platformers.

I don't want to sound picky, but yeah, I'm not as excited.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-24-2013 at 20:17.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

PSN ID
    muhambo
    One think that don`t turn me on in this new GEN is the lack of backwards compatibility...I mean, I know we have always to look to the future, and probably the BC would make prices go higher, but it`s not like on the cartridge generation, where SNES and N64 had a huge difference over midia...from PS1, to PS2, to PS3 and PS4 were talking about almost the same midia, and from PS3 to PS4 we ARE talking abou the same midia...it`s just frustrating to look at my physical and digital game library for PS3 and now that I won`t be able to retire the PS3 and use all that on PS4....

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I'm very let down by the next gen so far. If the SteamBox comes out at a decent price, I'm dumping my PS4 and diving into PC gaming.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    This gen has been crazy!
    Feb through Nov were absolutely nuts!
    I've never experienced such craziness over the internet in all my life, lol!
    The waiting and anticipating, and everyone's opinions, speculations and the unbelievable bull$#@! that came out of some people fingers was so much fun to be a part of.
    I myself had a blast going on Youtube to watch the next thing that went wrong or was such a "big deal" at the time.
    The whole MS DRM thing and Sony stating that they were against it all at E3, everyday was something new for us gamers to enjoy, hate, agree, disagree, criticize, despise, or for the fanboys to use as ammo.
    I have to go with this gen based of the months of craziness before launch.
    But based off of games that have been released I would still say this gen. No other generations release titles have been well known triple A titles. So theres no question games wise,
    really everything has been more exciting this gen, especially now that we've come into 2014, now we're another step closer to some actual "next gen" games!
    I'm looking at you Infamous!......man I hope that game isn't repetitive.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    I'm very let down by the next gen so far. If the SteamBox comes out at a decent price, I'm dumping my PS4 and diving into PC gaming.
    It's still early in the PS4's lifespan so I wouldn't get rid of the console if I were you.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Dedicated Member
    Why wait? And why pay a premium for the SteamBox design aesthetic. Hop over to Newegg, or TigerDirect, or Amazon, and you could have a "SteamBox" right now.
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

Dedicated Member
    I'm definitely less enthusiastic about this gen compared to the last one. I was all excited when the PS3 was released and bought one on launch and I've had some really awesome gaming experiences but as of late I've had a hard time completing games. But I don't think It's due to my decreasing interest in games but rather other commitments thats keeping me occupied.

Forum Overseer
    and you'll come right back in the next 2 years.

21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I'm more excited about this gen than last. I feel like as 2014 comes and goes, the console war mentality will take a big back-seat to what gamers actually want. This time around, we have an affordable and strong system that is on-message with core gamers and has an accessible development environment. ALL the squares are checked off when it comes to the PS4 as far as I'm concerned and where the developers take this thing is truly anyones guess. The fact that the indies are able to get in on the action speaks volumes for the amount of creativity and enjoyment that the big AAAA studios can do.

This generation has a ton of potential. I know that was a word thrown around a lot when it came to the PS3, but I think that in this case gaming itself has a lot of potential. I think everything is there for that "wow factor" to be recaptured.

23. Likes Omar, mistercrow, Justin likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I am equally as excited with my PS4 now as I was when I first purchased a PS3 back in the day. What I am anxiously waiting for now is that first killer exclusive title for the PS4 that blows me away.

8 years and counting!

25. Likes mistercrow, Lefein likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I am equally as excited with my PS4 now as I was when I first purchased a PS3 back in the day. What I am anxiously waiting for now is that first killer exclusive title for the PS4 that blows me away.
    Yep exclusives like Infamous SS. Also looking forward to Drive Club.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Infamous will be the first of many great titles that make me kiss my PS4 before bed, and of course my wife as well.

8 years and counting!

Forum Overseer
    the only thing i want from this generation is MMO-style games. that's what i want. that's what SOCOM felt like to me because it was a game where i could actually chill with my friends even during a clan match. my friends would be hitting a bong as we'd wait for the enemy. this is why Planet Side 2 is my most anticipated title yet and we haven't even seen it running yet!

Thread Information