Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Super Elite

Has this gen not excited you as the last gen did?

Okay so I am either showing my age or I am just bored of computer games.

I never pre-ordered a PS4 and I do not regret it. There is only Metal Gear Solid that interests me, and my new hobby is using Linux on the PC.The last game I completed was Max Payne 3 on the 360. I only play BLOPS 2 and Battlefield on the PC.

Another thing I find annoying is that games are not backwards compatible like they are on the PC counter-part.

Have any of you lost interest in gaming altogether?
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Eh, I love having a ps4 but to be honest, at 41 with three kids there are times when I opt for quiet time on the couch watching TV or bed over gaming. Work all day, shuttle kids between dance, gymnastics, sports afterwards, it's freaking exhausting!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Dedicated Member
    I was more excited with ps3 and got it on launch day because it was the among the first devices to be pushing blu-ray and i excited about the format (it's been a reasonable success). With ps4, there is no one feature that makes me genuinely excited about the console and want to get the console at launch, i feel comfortable waiting a few months. That, and there are no games released so far that i'm dying to play. But i won't say that amounts to me losing interest in gaming because i still play on the ps3 regularly.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    The PS4 had me more excited than the PS3, yes the games available are not exactly new or groundbreaking but that doesn't mean I'm bored with gaming, AC4 is more than keeping me going till early next year!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    I'm loving this gen so far....but it just started. I love my PS4...I have a feeling I'll be enjoying it for quite some time.

I remember when I got a little jaded during the PS2/xbox era. I only really played 1 game a whole lot and no games really interested me. You could be going through a jaded period.

Just take a break if you need to....nothing wrong with giving yourself a different experience to make you appreciate gaming again.
    Last edited by Locomotive; 12-22-2013 at 18:39.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I wasn't exited about the PS3 launch and I'm not excited about this current generation either. I'm just patiently waiting for games that aren't launch title or those weird cross generation ones. I'll get a PS4 then. There's no rush.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Im enjoying the PS4 currently but thats only because of BF4. I beat a ton of games so far (KZ,Knack, Lego Marvel)..

Should be getting my Xbox one tomorrow so I will be busy playing that for a bit also.

The best is yet to come.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Eh so you enjoy pc gaming more than consoles...that's what I got from the op

Enjoying the ps4 when I can. ps3 came out my first year in college, then I got an elite later on when that came out with odst and forza bundle. since then, I got married, I work long hour shifts at the hospital and a kid on the way. My playing time has definitely decreased but I still enjoy gaming. I don't have the luxury of owning both consoles or the time to Platinum a game or play multiple titles at once, I can only pay a game at a time

I don't even touch my vita anymore except to voice chat with ps4 friends while at work

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 12-22-2013 at 19:53.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm loving this new gen and the best is yet to come. That is all.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    The game that "sold me" on next gen ain't even out yet (Come on March!)

Still excited about "this gen", though I'd be more excited if INFAMOUS: SS was a launch game like I was hoping.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Easily! This generation has already been awesome, super exciting, and 100x more coming in the months and years ahead!

12. Likes Duffman likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    I think people have selected amnesia every time there's a new console launch. As to gaming preferences, those change over time. The answer to the original question, nope, I got into last generation late. I'm more excited about a new console launch after 7 or 8 years because I've watched this industry go through its 5 year cycles for decades.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Psssh! This gen hasn't even started yet!

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    This gen in my opinion, has not started yet. I like my Ps4, but I need more single player experiences with it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Thread might as well be "Can't Recommend Next-Gen yet 2"

Me personally the only reason I'm not so excited is over saturated myself with Games on PS3 I went back and looked there are at least 20 games I personally did not finish even if they were bad or good.

Examples are Catherine, SSX, Ni No kuni, AC Brotherhood etc. I have yet to finish any of them, and there are others like Deus Ex: Human Revolution that I've had forever ago.

To nip this in the bud I'd say take a gaming break maybe 1 week to a year then come back and see how you feel. Cause right now I think I've gamed myself into a rut personally as a lot of titles I don't seem to like I think it has a lot to do again with over saturated or being over-spoiled.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I'm more excited this time actually.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Im not as excited as I was in the past for next gen. Theres still lots of PS3 games coming then the gaming gen will get good once developers get better with the hardware.
    Playing - Tales of Vesperia (secret missions),Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Awaiting - Tales of Xillia 2, Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Dedicated Member

This is the first time in 15 years that I haven't bought a launch day system.

I see nothing really compelling about these new consoles. The games aren't very impressive, and the other features just don't matter to me since I have a proper MediaPC. For the first time since the 1990s I'm happy to sit on the sidelines and wait until more games have released and possibly a price drop before buying one of these new consoles.

In the end, it's all about the games, and there just aren't any games on these consoles that I really want that are not available for the PC or consoles I already have.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I am more excited about this gen than last gen. I was pumped for the PS3, only to be severely disappointed for the next 2 years. I love my PS4 right out of the box.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    I'm way more excited this year myself.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Nope, none of the 3 have anything that makes we want to buy them, except maybe Wii U but at this point, not at that price. I wanted PS3 ASAP, so many games announced at E3 2005 (most of which released years later) but the hype was definitely there. I'd also say PS3s launch was better (for me), Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5, Gran Turismo HD (pretty much a tech demo), MotorStorm etc. And $#@!loads of new, innovative IPs afterwards like LBP, Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles etc.

Next year PS3 has way more than the 3 next gen systems combined for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Bought a PS3 two or so years in, while I got a PS4 within the first month. What does that tell you?
    Bummed inFAMOUS: Second Sons isn't a launch title, like I was hoping for - that is THE game currently I wanted it for.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Few types of games that would make me excited Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank not saying it has to be those, but I remember when those games were coming out on PS2 I had to have them.

Basically it would be nice to see some new IP's that could remind me of those kinds of games.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    I guess I'm more excited about this gen. It's the first time that I got a console at launch (and I've been around since before NES and Sega Master System). The range of games isn't fantastic (but still good, IMO) right now, but I see a bright future with lots of good games on their way to the system. It's a way better launch than the PS3 had. I got my PS3 almost a year efter launch and there where still not much to get really excited about. Other than a very few good games there where mostly bad PC ports and stuff like that. So, yeah, I'm more excited this gen.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    You dont have either new console, do you MacP?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Thread Information