Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

PSN ID
    Bonastee

Second PS4 malfunctioning and going back to Sony

On thanksgiving day I bought a PS4. Three days later the disc drive started randomly ejecting the disc and eventually would not accept a disc so That unit got sent back to Sony. Sony was fast about it and shipped me a new unit which arrived just a few days later. I purchased a three year extended warranty. So I'm gaming hard for two weeks. This morning during BF4 the screen started to artifact, multicolored pixels appeared and became worse. After that the unit would not start up properly. I tried to initialize with the new OS and during the installation the screen started to artifact and show the multicolored array of pixels in safe mode. This PS4 experience has been a nightmare, how the heck are two units bad in three weeks?? And then the service rep I spoke to on the phone this evening had a snotty condescending attitude towards me. Buyers beware. I should have bought an xbox one. /end rant

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Um cool story bro?

Dedicated Member
    Yeah you're right, you should have bought an xbox one, two of them maybe.

Superior Member
    Perhaps you should have bought a lotto ticket instead since you are apparently able to defy the odds.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

5. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    damn OP, sucks to be you *turns back to my ps4*

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just for future reference, assuming you're not a troll:

Ending your post with "I should have bought an [competeing product]" makes you lose all credibility.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bonastee View Post
    On thanksgiving day I bought a PS4. Three days later the disc drive started randomly ejecting the disc and eventually would not accept a disc so That unit got sent back to Sony. Sony was fast about it and shipped me a new unit which arrived just a few days later. I purchased a three year extended warranty. So I'm gaming hard for two weeks. This morning during BF4 the screen started to artifact, multicolored pixels appeared and became worse. After that the unit would not start up properly. I tried to initialize with the new OS and during the installation the screen started to artifact and show the multicolored array of pixels in safe mode. This PS4 experience has been a nightmare, how the heck are two units bad in three weeks?? And then the service rep I spoke to on the phone this evening had a snotty condescending attitude towards me. Buyers beware. I should have bought an xbox one. /end rant
    Before you sent the unit to Sony, Why did you not exchange it with the retailer whom you purchased it from?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    Unlucky mate. It does happen.

I'm sure an xbox one and theor customer service is perfect. Not!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    MS sending more people to try and down the ps4 lol. They've done this a lot on another site. Those ps4 sales must be kicking major ass in the states and uk.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 12-22-2013 at 09:44.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    Opens threads, see's post count of 1, Exits Thread.

12. Likes DuckNation, Serinous likes this post
    PSN ID
    nervegas_ds
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    MS sending more people to try and down the ps4 lol. They've done this a lot on another site. Those ps4 sales must be kicking major ass in the states and uk.
    i do think it's odd that someone joins this site and the first thing they do is open a thread, talking about their bad experience with ps4. then they suggest buying a xbone. and then we never hear from them again.

i've been a member of this site for over a year. i respond to threads, but i've never opened one. hmm very odd behavior indeed.

i doubt it's ms though. it's probably just some troll. they google search playstation sites and then go and spread their bile. i think Ghost should implement some sort of probationary period before new members can open threads. to weed out trolls from people that actually want to be members.

14. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NerveGas View Post
    i do think it's odd that someone joins this site and the first thing they do is open a thread, talking about their bad experience with ps4. then they suggest buying a xbone. and then we never hear from them again.

i've been a member of this site for over a year. i respond to threads, but i've never opened one. hmm very odd behavior indeed.

i doubt it's ms though. it's probably just some troll. they google search playstation sites and then go and spread their bile. i think Ghost should implement some sort of probationary period before new members can open threads. to weed out trolls from people that actually want to be members.
    If you load your PS4 (If you got one) and search for there PSN id, you see they are a level one for trophy's with just Battlefield 4 and Killzone ones. So likely someone new who moved from xbox to PS4, had a bad system and is now on a troll making it more bad than it is.

One thing i always think about when people report having broken more than 1 system in a matter of a month, is just where do they keep it? I'm going guess in a small space with no air around it.

bannedbubano
    I say troll. I should know

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by NerveGas View Post

There's an easy fix. Make the post count 100 before they have thread starting/creation privileges. That's how it was when I first joined up.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    bah, there are all walks of life in forums all over the internet. every now and then you get your gomers coming in here to troll and stuff.

Dedicated Member

That Stinks.

Well, I've had problems with various things I've bought over the years but you have to understand that this could happen to anyone with any product. Chalk it up to bad luck. But, I have heard other stories of horror for the X Box 1 as well, so maybe you should try a gaming PC instead.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    This must be the most attention-getting virgin post on the history of this forum. lol

Elite Member
    Go out and get an xbox one then. You can find them on shelves of almost every retailer that carries them.

22. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post

PSN ID
    Bonastee
    I'm not a troll, just had to sign up here to vent and see if anyone else is experiencing these issues. Not having a working PS4 is frustrating as hell. The comment about buying an ex box one was just made out of anger, I wouldn't buy an xbox one, ps4 is better IMO. I stood in line for 8 hours at GameStop in the freezing cold freezing my balls off to get this ps4 and I'm pissed that it's broken twice.

I'm looking for answers as to why is started to artifact after two weeks of flawless gameplay?

PSN ID
    Bonastee
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Go out and get an xbox one then. You can find them on shelves of almost every retailer that carries them.
    You are right I was in GameStop yesterday and they had xboxone in stock, no ps4 though. But I wouldn't want an xbox one I am totally a ps4 fan.

Dedicated Member
    You are right I was in GameStop yesterday and they had xboxone in stock, no ps4 though. But I wouldn't want an xbox one I am totally a ps4 fan.
    You might consider these, which we've been sitting on around here for a while.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4...ern-60627.html
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/ps4-...intern-claims/

It goes from sabatoge to low morale increases production error rate... yeah.
    I doubt seriously that SONY was working them harder than Apple, so, yeah, okay.
    I wanna build PS4's suddenly becomes I make sure HDMI ports are soldiered correctly and it quickly becomes UNGLAMOROUS.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

PSN ID
    Bonastee
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    You might consider these, which we've been sitting on around here for a while.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4...ern-60627.html
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/ps4-...intern-claims/

It goes from sabatoge to low morale increases production error rate... yeah.
    I doubt seriously that SONY was working them harder than Apple, so, yeah, okay.
    I wanna build PS4's suddenly becomes I make sure HDMI ports are soldiered correctly and it quickly becomes UNGLAMOROUS.
    Foxconn makes many different electronics boards and pieces and they need to treat their employees better. Also those college kids should be grateful to have a job soldering play stations together and stop being little whiney $#@!es. Be it disgruntled employees or poor QA Sony is responsible and the public needs to be aware. 2 malfunctioning units in three weeks is horrible. I don't believe the failure rate is less than one percent. The .4 percent figure released from Sony, is that 40 percent or .04 percent?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Shame, I am assuming your anger has calmed down now and you are waiting for another PS4?
    Last edited by Duffman; 12-22-2013 at 18:06.
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Apprentice
    I just bought a super nintendo and it works flawlessly.

PSN ID
    Bonastee
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Shame, I am assuming your anger has calmed down now and you are waiting for another PS4?
    Yes my anger has calmed down and now just coping with having 3 games, two controllers, a hdmi cable and a power cable that are useless without a console. I have started the return process. Hopefully the ship back box will be here by Tuesday but because of Christmas, this will be a longer process.

And to the fellow who mentioned xbox and PC gaming. I built many gaming pcs in my day but stopped gaming in 2006 because it was interfering with my life too much. PS4 is better than the xbox and building a gaming PC simply cost too much for my budget right now.

So hopefully sometime next week the replacement unit will be here. When the first one broke earlier this month I bought the extended warranty for 50 bucks through Sony.

Thinking about sometime in the future putting a 500gb SSD into my ps4.....

Thread Information