Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Anyone know any GOOD headset for PS4?

I've been trying to find a good and lasting headset. I bought the PX4 Turtle Beach but it's been giving me nothing but trouble. Wireless headset are not the way to go. I need a headset that's like the X12 or something close to it.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    I've been trying to find a good and lasting headset. I bought the PX4 Turtle Beach but it's been giving me nothing but trouble. Wireless headset are not the way to go. I need a headset that's like the X12 or something close to it.
    I'm using the XP500 and it's near perfect.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Sryche
    Items Guerrilla Gamesid Software
    No question...Astro is the way to go....The A40's with the Astro mixamp have great sound for gaming as well as music and movies...well worth the money.

I used to have the PX5's from Turtle Beach but when they became pretty much unusable on the PS4 I picked up a pair of A40's and haven't looked back.

Only downside I can think of is just the extra wires (especally if you're used to wireless) but it's a small price to pay for great sound and a comfy fit (the PX5's were always a little big/loose for me)

"Don't Be Surprised If You Mind When You Find Me." ~ Life of Agony

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    I use http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessor...headset/112301

For the price they are great. I'll be getting the Pulse headset once they fix/patch it to where the mic works or whatever is the problem.

Was thinking about buying the X12 headset but I'm reading that you also need to buy some adapter for it? Anyone confirm this?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyLFC View Post
    Was thinking about buying the X12 headset but I'm reading that you also need to buy some adapter for it? Anyone confirm this?
    If you're talking about the Turtle Beach ones...don't.

Those things are as cheaply made as they come. Most TB headsets are. They are plastic and just not well made. It just so happens that there are screws and places in their headsets that bend and break after only a year of use. Just in the right places that would start to go bad.

I'll never buy another TB headset. Been through 2 of those X12's in 2 years.

Not again.

7. Likes Malt likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    If you're talking about the Turtle Beach ones...don't.

Those things are as cheaply made as they come. Most TB headsets are. They are plastic and just not well made. It just so happens that there are screws and places in their headsets that bend and break after only a year of use. Just in the right places that would start to go bad.

I'll never buy another TB headset. Been through 2 of those X12's in 2 years.

Not again.

Which headset would you recommend? Looking for one that won't break the bank either.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I've had my XP500 (Turtle Beach) since Nov. of last year, and haven't had any issues with them at all; including the durability.

My premise is, if you buy cheap, you get cheap.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    The ones I linked above aren't that expensive at all, yet it's not the flimsy style of the TB ones.

The plastic is all one piece and the right places....these things shouldn't cost much when it's just plastic. That part is not what should cost so much....they just don't seem to put any quality in their products anymore.

I bought a TB headset for my PC as a filler while I saved up for a really good pair and it's the same thing...they were $70 but on sale for $20.....but still $70 nonetheless. Yet, there are still those parts where the plastic head band is hallow and it's just flimsy all around.

The ones I linked are pretty cool. They swivel so that if you scratch your head the headband rotates over the ear cups so that the ear parts stay still and you just push back the headband again.

PSN ID
    epicbloodline
    Astro A 50

wireless

12. Likes Riptide_Warrior likes this post
    PSN ID
    Dullisten
    I have been using dre solo, i think they are pretty good but i bet a bunch will disagree

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Bose QC 15's amazing headset!!
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Had PX21's for a while on PS3, couldn't fault their performance but the build quality is shocking.. Someone bought my boy a set of p4's for the ps3 so I've took them on now and I'll get him a suitable one when I can get to town. Haven't used the p4 yet, I'm dreading it after reading this thread! lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Have a pair of PX21's from the PS3 days and they worked absolutely PERFECTLY with them.
    Because there isn't a slot for the cable (i can't remember the name of it, was required for a PS1, PS2 and could be used instead of a HD cable on PS3) on the PS4 the game volume will not come through them.
    The work around to this is to set the game volume to come through the headset (Only connected via USB at this point) via PS4 settings.
    The only issue with this I found is only one volume adjuster works.
    The GAME and CHAT volume adjusters, only the chat one works, and seemingly the game volume is going through the chat port in the headset. So if you're using it for a game like Battlefield, and you can't hear your squad mates due to the sound of gunfire, there is no way to boost the chat but lower the game volume, so I think I need a pair specially designed for PS4.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    I got the PX4 for my PS4 and its been fine so far, what problems as it been giving you?

PSN ID
    Blazergamer007
    I used my official Pulse Elite headset plugged into the controller.

Sent from my iPad

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    For under $100 I just bought these and they work and sound great!
    The mic is better than any Ive tried for the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackSha...f=pd_sim_pc_37

Super comfortable, well build with metal frame and detachable mic that actually sounds good. Uses the same connector as the PS4 earbud. Looks badass!

Elite Sage
    Items Manchester United
    I got a USB turtle beach headset that works wonderfully for ps4 and PC. Of course its wired and won't plug into the controller, but the cord is very long and my set up allows me to sit very close (bad eyes) so I never have any issues.
    Love United
    --------

PSN ID
    DK-Matty
    The Sony Pulse headset should work on PS4 with an update in January. I have a set myself, they wont disappoint!

what's the budget?

Here are two gaming headset around $100, check out http://gaminglaptopunder1000.org/asu...et-comparison/

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    If you want PERFECTION, pick up some Astro A50s. I picked some up during Astro's Black Friday sale and they are phenomenal. You can snag a refurbished set from Astro on Amazon for $199 and they carry the same 1 year warranty as their factory new sets. They absolutely blow anything Turtle Beach has out of the water. It's a no brainer.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    If you want PERFECTION, pick up some Astro A50s. I picked some up during Astro's Black Friday sale and they are phenomenal. You can snag a refurbished set from Astro on Amazon for $199 and they carry the same 1 year warranty as their factory new sets. They absolutely blow anything Turtle Beach has out of the water. It's a no brainer.
    I'm going to do that, and compare them with my xp500's.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I went through the PX5s, XP400s and XP500s last gen and to my ears they just didn't do it for me. The A50s though...wow. I have the BF4 edition with the custom pre set so if you do nab the A50s go to Astro's site and download the BF4 firmware while you're updating the transmitter. Also if you have BF4, set the audio to War Tapes and Surround and be prepared to be stunned.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    can you use them fully wireless? or do you have to plug them in to the Controller?

I've been waiting for this "january update" for the Pulse headsets, but I haven't heard anything out of Sony since before the PS4 launched. I know they're working on a new headset but I don't like the fact that I'm not hearing anything about it. Makes me think it won't be out for quite a while yet.

So I've been really considering getting an A40 or A50

Thread Information