Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran

PS4 selling 3 to 1 vs XBO at Amazon

The stats aren't from just some neogaf poster, it is the gaf site owners. In number of units, the PS4 was outselling the XBO by 3 to 1 for the time there was availability. The end of calendar year is probably going to show the same ratio overall.

PlayStation 4′s Selling 3 to 1 vs. Xbox One on Amazon

The PlayStation 4 has been a hot item every time it goes on sale at any retailer, online or brick and mortar. The Xbox One is also selling at respectable numbers, but the trends have been pointing to Sony’s PlayStation 4 doing much better sales-wise whenever the console is in stock.

NeoGaf users have been all over the recent availability of the PlayStation 4 on Amazon, and have been comparing the numbers against the Xbox One’s units available over time. How? As long as the number of units available are under 999, one can add in any amount to their cart and see the left-over amounts showing actual quantities available. Doing this same method for any next gen consoles/bundles will give them enough available data to create some very interesting metrics.
    “WHAT? How is this graph being made? Is Amazon publishing per-minute stock availability? I apologize for asking. I have not read the entire thread.” – AstroNut325

“GAF has been keeping track of # of available units for each of those SKUs over that time period.” – Tsundere

This is quite the interesting revelation when using actual data available from Amazon. It gives us a concrete sample to see an actual trend of PlayStation 4 sales vs Xbox One on Amazon for the given time period.

http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/plays...ox-one-amazon/
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Only sales that matter are what sony and MS reports. People give gaf too much credit.

3. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Salvator Mundi
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

PS4 selling 3 to 1 vs XBO at Amazon

Can't say I'd surprised at all, if it turns out to be true. Microsoft have been on the back foot ever since the reveal for the XBO. All the negativity surrounding the XBO from the start, even although Microsoft backtracked on issues like DRM, is obviously having an effect on sales imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gersfc87

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Yeah I'm quite intrigued to see some official figures, though unexpected I can't say I'm surprised if these figures turned out to be accurate. As Gers said, with all the negative publicity and whatnot since reveal Microsoft seem to have been fighting a losing battle.
    Every 'feature' I can recall being revealed was torn to shreds by critics and fans alike.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    If it's true then thats great.

I love my PS4 but I don't want the X1 to do too bad or we won't have any competition and thats not good for anyone.

All in all...I'm loving the PS4. To be honest, considering so many ppl are jumping ship (I'm guessing) from MS, it's a little surprising. I mean, thats an awful lot of ppl that have friends or teams or whatever on their LIVE account that are going to another whole system.

I guess that just goes to show that if you give ppl what they want they will do whatever it takes.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Doesn't surprise me that the PS4 is selling more. Definitely the better system.

Super Elite
    The sales from the gaf thread are about right. I followed the thread and was watching the sale live.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Speculation numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was accurate. I'll take Gaf numbers with a grain of salt.

Veteran
    What gaf did isn't speculation, it was taking available numbers as soon as available units showed up and kept taking available units numbers as they were being sold. This was for the last big shipment for Amazon and still get it there by Christmas. The PS4 standard console started with about 900 available and sold out in about an hour. There were about 900 PS4 BF4 bundles and about 200 Killzone bundles. Those took longer to sell out, about 3 hours. Combined, this shipment to Amazon was 2000 PS4 sold in 3 hours. The XBO availability didn't start until an hour after the PS4, with 500 XBO standard units. After 5 hours, it looks like about 200 left.

So, for the last big shipment to Amazon to deliver by Christmas was 2000 PS4 sold in 3 hours and 500 XBO that look like they are still available or on the shelf after Christmas. Looks like the PS4 sold 4 times more and 4 times faster than the XBO. Really a big indicator to the end of the calendar year numbers. Also, Best Buy has reported getting their last big pre-Christmas shipments. Sony said they were going to deliver as many units as they could before Christmas and through the end of the calendar year.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 12-23-2013 at 03:13.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

11. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Not according to Major Nelsons math

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Good news but I wonder how much of this is down to the price of the 2 systems.....

Don't get me wrong I love my PS4 and glad it's doing better than the X1 but I wonder what the numbers would read if both systems where the same price!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Superior Member
    They are trying to extrapolate on the basis of limited data and small sample size. The graph they have above there is depicting availability for a few hours on one day on amazon. Also, amazon stock is not the only indicator for console sales. Not that the ps4 couldn't be ahead in sales, but i don't really put much weight behind that 'research'. Npd figures should be interesting.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Even if this data isn't 100% reliable or accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was fairly close to the truth. PS4 is in way more demand than X1.

REF: F34R
    Last edited by Christopher; 12-23-2013 at 21:09.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Even if this data isn't 100% reliable or accurate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was fairly close to the truth. PS4 is in way more demand than X1.
    Hey!! No plagiarism!!

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Hey!! No plagiarism!!
    Oops. Added reference.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Oops. Added reference.
    ROFL!! I thought you'd do some fancy footnote or something lol.

Forum Elder

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    They are trying to extrapolate on the basis of limited data and small sample size. The graph they have above there is depicting availability for a few hours on one day on amazon. Also, amazon stock is not the only indicator for console sales. Not that the ps4 couldn't be ahead in sales, but i don't really put much weight behind that 'research'. Npd figures should be interesting.
    It is a small sample size, from a short period of time. BUT Amazon sales data has been reasonably representative in the past. They are such a big retailer that general trends tend to be mirrored on their service. Further the time period was the Christmas last run. Which again is very indicative of what people want. I'm not going to go as far as to suggest that these numbers can be extrapolated to create accurate sales comparisons, but they can be used to show trends.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a ****, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Umm, I tried to follow thi sbut it ddint make any sense to me.

1/ Isnt the PS4 quite often sold out at Amazon, I am assuming that is why there is so few sample point.

2/ If it is sold out in between points, then you cant simply draw a friigin straight line between two sample points.

3/ This should be a tally of totals ie sample points x units sold.

4/ The XBO has a bucket load more sample points so I have to assume its more available?

Any way, this "graph" was non-nonsensical. It also does not take into account any sort of stock replenishment.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I would just wait for official numbers from Sony and MS.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Being a Sony fan it's awesome seeing them do well but in the end honestly who gives a **** about numbers as long as we enjoy our consoles and game on?

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    Being a Sony fan it's awesome seeing them do well but in the end honestly who gives a **** about numbers as long as we enjoy our consoles and game on?
    The Devs do for one. They tend (not always) to favor the console with higher sales since it's more likely to sell more copies of their games. This could mean some games not releasing on one console, or a game being more likely to have be of higher quality and even more features/content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    The Devs do for one. They tend (not always) to favor the console with higher sales since it's more likely to sell more copies of their games. This could mean some games not releasing on one console, or a game being more likely to have be of higher quality and even more features/content.
    I don't think that happened between the PS3/360, and I doubt we'll see anything like that throughout this entire generation. These numbers don't even really mean much in the scheme of actual sales.

PSU Technical Manager
    I don't think that happened between the PS3/360, and I doubt we'll see anything like that throughout this entire generation. These numbers don't even really mean much in the scheme of actual sales.
    Yeah, the sales of both the PS4 and X1 will be enough that third party devs are going to support both for the most part. And even if one console totally dominated the other (which I don't think will happen) the basic architectures are similar enough that it would probably still be cost-effective to create versions for both consoles.

Extreme Poster
    that's true. what's more important are the setup, policies, infrastructure (<all of them for developers), services (<consumers).

Thread Information