Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    PSN ID
    SaintJazz
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    429 (0 Banked)

    Sign Petition to Sony & Playstation Network to Allow Online ID Change


  2. Likes WhatTheDuck likes this post
  3. #2
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,231
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    31,132 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good luck

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    PSN ID
    SaintJazz
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    429 (0 Banked)
    Thanks, I believe it will take a miracle but why not try is what I am thinking.

  5. #4
    Member
    WhatTheDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    PSN ID
    Dullisten
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    6
    Points
    883 (2,024 Banked)
    It should've been posted in the ps4 forum section if allowed cos I don't think most people even visit this one. First for me, and I've been here since october

  6. #5
    Newbie
    NerveGas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    PSN ID
    nervegas_ds
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    872 (0 Banked)
    signed.

  7. #6
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,720
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    66,905 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why not just vote for it on the PS Blog share where Sony can actually see it?
    http://share.blog.us.playstation.com...-psn-username/

    I'd much rather change my region to US though
    http://share.blog.us.playstation.com...ccount-region/
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  8. Likes Admartian likes this post
  9. #7
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,863
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    20,745 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I believe this was done once or twice before.




  10. #8
    Forum Guru
    -Dj-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,543
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    77,017 (302,302 Banked)
    Changing sub accounts into master accounts is in the works I bet this is too


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk



  11. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,720
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    66,905 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    Changing sub accounts into master accounts is in the works I bet this is too


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Yeah took them long enough just for that, glad I signed up with a master account when I first signed up when I was 15 or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  12. #10
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,746
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,687 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    definitely will be nice if you can change the online ID. i'd like to change mine possibly.

  13. #11
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,071
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    65,158 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    definitely will be nice if you can change the online ID. i'd like to change mine possibly.
    I would too, but I doubt this will happen any time soon.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  14. #12
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,746
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,687 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I would too, but I doubt this will happen any time soon.
    yup. you'd think Sony actually considered stuff like this. i think it hurts them by ignoring it. i'm sure there are many people that wouldn't only like to change it, they also would need to change their region. small stuff like this is big in customer service.

  15. #13
    Newbie
    FinalSynFrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    5
    Points
    620 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    yup. you'd think Sony actually considered stuff like this. i think it hurts them by ignoring it. i'm sure there are many people that wouldn't only like to change it, they also would need to change their region. small stuff like this is big in customer service.
    I've heard from Sony that It would be "Very Complex" to change Usernames on PSN.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/psn-...lacing-psn-ids

    I have no idea how their database handles Usernames, but i think if they were to roll out this Change to PSN, It would require a massive overhaul of the Network. Region Migration is something that has been requested for a long time. I doubt that Sony will add these changes this current gen, but then again, its too early. Probably later in the years, they would probably already figure it out.

    I regret naming my PSN ID "Ix_DarkDragon_" because i was much younger when I made this account. But over the years, I've made purchases on this account as well as earning the Trophies. I don't want to lose all my stats when i plan to transition to a new Console/Gen with the same account. I want it to carry over instead of letting me start over again.

  16. #14
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,746
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,687 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    I've heard from Sony that It would be "Very Complex" to change Usernames on PSN.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/psn-...lacing-psn-ids

    I have no idea how their database handles Usernames, but i think if they were to roll out this Change to PSN, It would require a massive overhaul of the Network. Region Migration is something that has been requested for a long time. I doubt that Sony will add these changes this current gen, but then again, its too early. Probably later in the years, they would probably already figure it out.

    I regret naming my PSN ID "Ix_DarkDragon_" because i was much younger when I made this account. But over the years, I've made purchases on this account as well as earning the Trophies. I don't want to lose all my stats when i plan to transition to a new Console/Gen with the same account. I want it to carry over instead of letting me start over again.
    well, the way i look at it, it's their fault for not thinking ahead. if they don't overhaul, i see it as a bad customer service to gamers.

  17. #15
    Newbie
    FinalSynFrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    5
    Points
    620 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    well, the way i look at it, it's their fault for not thinking ahead. if they don't overhaul, i see it as a bad customer service to gamers.
    And I thought the Japanese think LONG-TERM, i guess that didn't happen during the development of PSN. Whatever the case is, they better be working on a solution. Even If I have to pay $10 just to change my ID, I'm willing to pay for it. Although, if this change were to happen, how would this type of system work on the PS3 and Vita? Considering the fact that these Systems never had an option to change IDs. Hoping it won't result in compatibility issues.

  18. #16
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,746
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,687 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    And I thought the Japanese think LONG-TERM, i guess that didn't happen during the development of PSN. Whatever the case is, they better be working on a solution. Even If I have to pay $10 just to change my ID, I'm willing to pay for it. Although, if this change were to happen, how would this type of system work on the PS3 and Vita? Considering the fact that these Systems never had an option to change IDs. Hoping it won't result in compatibility issues.
    well MS beat them to the punch with a lot of features, they just didn't care about online back then. if it's the database that is the problem then compatibility shouldn't be an issue because the problem is server-side, not hardware-side.

  19. #17
    Newbie
    FinalSynFrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    5
    Points
    620 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    well MS beat them to the punch with a lot of features, they just didn't care about online back then. if it's the database that is the problem then compatibility shouldn't be an issue because the problem is server-side, not hardware-side.
    I can agree with that. Although, i still hate the fact that they lock you out of your THIRD PARTY apps if you don't have Gold. That's the thing I get pissed about when I use my Xbox 360. Sure I can just play my games, but what if i want to watch something on Crunchyroll or Crackle, how can i do that? Hell, you can't even use YouTube without Gold.

    I guess so. They still haven't fix the Friends List for PS3 users. I don't know if this is a Hardware limitation or server-side problem, but PS3 users can't see Vita or PS4 users online. Xbox 360 users can see Xbox One friends online, but it doesn't show what games they play or achievements for Xbox One Games.

  20. #18
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,746
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,687 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    friends list is definitely server-side.

  21. #19
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,720
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    66,905 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    MS just recently added the ability to region change with a 3 month limit between changes, even if Sony had a 1 year minimum before being able to change again it'd be fine, many people move to different countries and just simply making a new PSN account like they suggest is stupid, no one wants to lose their already bought stuff on PSN or trophies.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  22. Likes Admartian likes this post
  23. #20
    Newbie
    FinalSynFrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    5
    Points
    620 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    friends list is definitely server-side.
    Yup and all the PS3 needs is a S/W Update or do some enhancements on the server end. The PS3 can view PS4 Trophies fine, but it can't see PS4 friends online.

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    MS just recently added the ability to region change with a 3 month limit between changes, even if Sony had a 1 year minimum before being able to change again it'd be fine, many people move to different countries and just simply making a new PSN account like they suggest is stupid, no one wants to lose their already bought stuff on PSN or trophies.
    Indeed. Although on the Xbox 360, changing Region on the account is pointless. Your Xbox 360 is stuck to 1 Region. If you bought an American Xbox 360 and you move to Japan with that same Xbox, but your account has been migrated to a Japanese account, your American Console won't work with Japanese games as it was intended. Even Digital Downloads don't even work. At least now with the Xbox One, games are REGION FREE. No need to worry about that kind of problem.

  24. #21
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,863
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    20,745 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    And I thought the Japanese think LONG-TERM, i guess that didn't happen during the development of PSN.
    Generalizing much?




  25. #22
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,746
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,687 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, they really need to fix this $#@!. i can certainly imagine people not wanting to spend a lot of money again if they had to make a new name. idiotic. especially when people are willing to PAY for it. i always thought that was silly too.

  26. #23
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,720
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    66,905 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Even Digital Downloads don't even work.
    Well that sucks big time then. At least atm I can simply buy stuff off my US account and play it on my main account with any DLC bought off my US account too. But that won't work with Vita which is why I need to switch altogether or Sony needs to add multiple accounts to Vita.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  27. #24
    Newbie
    FinalSynFrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    5
    Points
    620 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Generalizing much?
    Maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Yeah, they really need to fix this $#@!. i can certainly imagine people not wanting to spend a lot of money again if they had to make a new name. idiotic. especially when people are willing to PAY for it. i always thought that was silly too.
    I prefer if they charge people to change their names. Its sometimes annoying on Steam where people constantly change their name and you say to yourself "Did i remember adding this guy?"

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Well that sucks big time then. At least atm I can simply buy stuff off my US account and play it on my main account with any DLC bought off my US account too. But that won't work with Vita which is why I need to switch altogether or Sony needs to add multiple accounts to Vita.
    On the Playstation side, you are able to play any Region game on your PSN Account. Whether it be a US Account, Japanese Account, European Account, etc; The only thing you CAN'T do is download a DLC for a specific region. If you have a US Account and you have a European specific game, you can't download the DLCs for it. This is where Multiple accounts come in or REGION MIGRATION comes into play.

  28. #25
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,746
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,687 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    they can always limit you 1 change a year and then charge if you do more or something.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.