Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427

Warframe - Who's Playing? Any advise?

I've probably got 12hrs+ or so in Warframe at the moment. Not quite to Mastery Rank 3 yet. Mastery Rank XP seem to come very slowly.

I read a thread earlier on Update 11, and some people having problems getting past the pistol test for mastery rank 2. I thought I was going to have problems but I cleared it on the first attempt. That said, I had upgraded to Dual Aklato's and was ranking them up and the extra damage may have been what helped with that. If you don't pass the test, just keep playing and mod up your pistol before taking the test.

My questions may be a bit advanced as I did do a bit of research before coming here, but now I'm kind of stalling out. I moved from the MK1-Braton to the Braton and got it to Lvl 30, My Excalibur WF is lvl 30, Upgraded Lato to Dual Aklato and up to lvl 30, and I upgrade the Skana to Cronus and again lvl 30 (note to upgrade the Rifle and Pistol I bought the blue prints, and the cronus blue prints drops from a relatively early boss.)

I've done a ton of Fusions to update my mods and I'm maxed out of points.

I've done all the Merc, Venus, Earth missions, and a few Saturn and Mars missions (more of a tag along as I get my ass kicked pretty quickly as they're are in the 10+ enemy lvl range.)

Reading the Wiki, I see that my Warframe Excalibur will get the Shield and Health upgraded with Rank (I assume this is Mastery Rank as the Warframe lvl only changes the mod spot quantity) but at Mastery Rank Lvl 2, I still have a base Shield of 100 and base Health of 100. Does anyone know when this actually starts to move up. (I've got 160%+ on both Shield and Health mods in places)

Ok, so what do I want.

#1.) A Sentinel - Probably Wyrm

#2.) Another more capable Warframe - Looking at Rhino and Frost - More of a Tank style player.

#3.) Orokin Reactor for my Warframe (probably want to wait 'til I upgrade to different Warframe.)

The problem is getting the components to build it w/o paying in Platinum (I don't want to spend large amounts of money on the game to buy Platinum.)

The problem is I'm seeing components that are at plants that have opponents that are still 2x+ the level that I'm at. And if I'm maxed out right now and I have I don't know how much time to spend to get my Master Rank up for this, and I don't really want to spend 100's of hrs on this game, though it's fun. If I'm not seeing decent growth, I'm probably going to call it quits.

Thoughts? Am I missing anything?

PSN ID
    Dullisten
    So funny reading this when u have no clue lol
    Haven't even tried the game, but I bet I will have a "aha" moment when I start playing and remember what u wrote

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Tried warframe...and it bored the $#@! outta me, so deleted it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Your Health and Shield should increase with your Warframe rank. My Rank 30 Rhino has 300 Health/450 Shield without any mods and 620 health/870 shield with mods. My Mastery Rank is at level 3.
    PSN ID:Key2001 3DS FC:1521-2714-7908 Steam ID:jkey2001

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I currently have a Mag that's closing in on level 30 itself and for each level its HP and shields go up excluding mods.

If you want to get the main blueprints then that's fine but if you want to get the Prime blueprints and materials then you'll want to start doing some Tier I missions like Survivor, Capture, Defense, and various others. I did Survivor I a few times and got the blueprints for Mag Prime, its helmet and its body, I just need to do T2 Survivor to get the systems blueprint for Mag Prime and I'll have everything ready to build it. I'm also putting together Trinity and I'm just trying to get the PlastIDs and Neural Sensors now to finish it off.

I've got a Dual Zoren currently being researched so I'll be able to replace my level 30 Cronus and I'm not sure what to upgrade my gun to at the moment but it seems fine so far. I'll need to go over the lower levels again to get the levels back up though.

As long as you do the Tier Key missions then you'll get what you need pretty quickly along with mining a planet every 4 hours.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    Your Health and Shield should increase with your Warframe rank. My Rank 30 Rhino has 300 Health/450 Shield without any mods and 620 health/870 shield with mods. My Mastery Rank is at level 3.
    Thanks, I think mines bugged or something as I've got much much less. I've moved on to other weapons so I can start getting master rank moving, it sucks having to level equipment (and constantly get new equipment sometimes inferior base stats and definitely inferior w/o mods to make movement in your Master Rank.)

Any recommendations for getting through the missions in Saturn? I need spores and computer and some other items and I'm getting my ass kicked by the lvl 10+ MOBs in these missions. I've got my Exc warframe maxed out w/ 160% Sheild and Health mods, among others.

I feel the game is coming to a grinding halt for me.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    I downloaded it at launch and it made my PS4 freeze and i got scared and deleted it i hope the released a patch to fix it i might download it again later and tell you what i think
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Loving Warframe!!(part of it is it is a great game, part of it is me making my PSPlus subscribption worth it) Add me if you would like. Leveled my Loki to 28 already. If anyone has any issues advancing in the game, you need the rhino. To get Rhino Warframe: Do Fossa runs on Earth, killing the Jackal(boss). It will give you blueprints for the Rhino which can go just about anywhere in the WarFrame universe.

Its a grindfest if you don't want to pay for platinum, but I think its quite fun in terms of "grinding".

PSU Live Streamer
    Haven't played it much since launch week, but it shocked me when I did play it. Had no idea I was going to end up enjoying it as much as I did.

Last I played I was on the final mission of the first world I Think....the infestation level where waves of enemies are non stop. Just couldn't get past it.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Well I've now got my Mag to 30, my Cronus to 30, and MK-1 Braton to 30, and I'm now levelling my Trinity Warframe to 30, Seer to 30, Dual Zoren to 30 and of course the Burston to 30. Trying to get that last blueprint to complete the Mag Prime now.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Tried warframe...and it bored the $#@! outta me, so deleted it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I'm redownloading it right now because I felt the same when I tried it. I have buddies that swear this game is fun, but I didn't see it anywhere. Maybe the second time is the charm?

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    This is my second time playing Warframe. I played for a few months on the PC over a year ago. I believe I leveled a Nyx, Loki, Vauban and Excalibur to rank 30 if I remember correctly. So far this time on the PS4 I have level a Rhino and Vauban to rank 30 and a Nyx to the mid 20s. I also have a Trinity that is about rank 20 and a low rank Frost.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    So for you guys that have went off an built other Warframes (from blue prints.) When did you go off to places that drop spores and control modules? When I go to Saturn even w/ a Lvl 30 Excalibur, Lvl 30 Braton, Lvl 30 Aklato's, Lvl 30 Cronus, I get my ass handed to me.

It's not like I'm standing around in the same spot and not using my Warframe's capability like a n00b. I often have 'Ability Used' counts that exceeds 30 (50 on survival runs w/ > 200 kills.) Started being much more agressive on this when trying to level up other weapons.

Maybe I'm missing something strategy wise. Admittedly I haven't played too much since I started this thread.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    As soon as I was able I got the Boltor; which seemed to help a lot with the Grineer. You can get all of the material on the planets before Saturn(if you're able to do some missions on Jupiter).

I have a friend who is also playing and at least at the beginning it was always at least two of us doing the missions; it wasn't until I got weapons like the Boltor that I really did much soloing. I also did a lot of farming and got mods like Streamline, Focus, Flow and more before moving on to the next worlds.

Although I believe the Braton and Aklato have low status chance you can try to take advantage of the Grineers weakness (Grineer>Puncture, Heat or Cold, Electric+Toxin), assuming you're not already.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    As soon as I was able I got the Boltor; which seemed to help a lot with the Grineer. You can get all of the material on the planets before Saturn(if you're able to do some missions on Jupiter).

I have a friend who is also playing and at least at the beginning it was always at least two of us doing the missions; it wasn't until I got weapons like the Boltor that I really did much soloing. I also did a lot of farming and got mods like Streamline, Focus, Flow and more before moving on to the next worlds.

Although I believe the Braton and Aklato have low status chance you can try to take advantage of the Grineers weakness (Grineer>Puncture, Heat or Cold, Electric+Toxin), assuming you're not already.
    Yeah, they're lower status chance but much higher crit chances. I definetly have items like 'Smite Grineer' and stuff on them (that may be the Shotgun version - been leveling up the Strun.)

I'll probably work on Boltor in a bit.

I keep things pretty well modded out (and fused up the mods) on my weapons and warframe (part of the reason why I have little money left.)

It could be those I was playing with. I've only tried the entry planets on both Jupiter and Saturn a couple times. And I may not have had equipment as leveled up as I do now.

I'll take another look at what mod's I'm using specifically on the Braton and go back for another run.

I may even go back and Solo some of this stuff ad I've only played w/ others so far.

EDIT: Went back to Saturn and did a couple missions, it wasn't a problem w/ the Exc at Lvl 30, even when using a lvl 10 Strun shotgun, depended a decent amount on my Cronus blade for backup, but still I should be able to get through most of these, even while trying to lvl up weapons as long as I have a fully lvl'd Warframe.

I think I'll keep playing it on Saturn to try to get Spores and Control Module for my next Warframe (probably Rhino.) Also, wanting to get a Sentinel. Not sure which to prioritize - Sentinel or another Warframe.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 01-09-2014 at 00:44.

Apprentice

Tried this tonight, seems cool but not for me so I deleted it. Blacklight is ok though, when it actually works.

Veteran
    @TAZ

Always carry the right equipment with the right damage options.

Grineer - Weapons high in puncture damage
    Corpus - Weapons high in impact damage
    Infested - Weapons high in slash damage

Elemental effects.(These offer chance to hit or proc damage)
    Grineer (High in armor) - weak against corrosive
    Corpus (High in shields) - weak against Ice or Electric
    Infested (Flesh Only) - weak against fire

*Note: Poison seems to work pretty good against everything. Radiation is especially good againts robots(Corpus).

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    @TAZ

Always carry the right equipment with the right damage options.

Grineer - Weapons high in puncture damage
    Corpus - Weapons high in impact damage
    Infested - Weapons high in slash damage

Elemental effects.(These offer chance to hit or proc damage)
    Grineer (High in armor) - weak against corrosive
    Corpus (High in shields) - weak against Ice or Electric
    Infested (Flesh Only) - weak against fire

*Note: Poison seems to work pretty good against everything. Radiation is especially good againts robots(Corpus).
    This is good info. I did actually know this from Wiki's but it will come in handy for anyone looking into this.

As I edited above, I think I just hadn't lvl'd up my Warframe enough when I had tried those lvl's and probably hadn't worked up my Mod's. I played a lot of Apolloduros (sp) survival after I had done all the Mer, Ven, Earth missions. I pretty much had gone straight through all those missions and tried to move on to Saturn and Mars and got my ass handed to me. Maybe I only had my Warframe up to around 15 or so, and I'm sure I didn't have my Mod's fused up. I did most of my Warframe and weapon lvl'ng on Apolloduros, usually hitting the 20min mark, and occasionally 25 and once the 30min mark. After 20mins I'd head to the mission exit point and just defend that area. If I didn't I'd soon be toast. Too many shield and rocket launchers Grineer's. I could keep them fairly well contained from the exit room in the 20-30min range.

After going back in last night and playing a couple Saturn missions, even with a lvl 10 Strun, it was actually fairly decent. I hate the F'ng Strun FWIW, but I have it and I'm determined to lvl it up.

A couple more questions that I haven't really been able to find out.

Can you build and lvl up a weapon again and again for points, or do you only get it off the first time leveling the weapon? I guess I F'd up early on as well and Sold my MK1-Braton and Lato when they were around lvl 10 or so, so I missed out on about 4K worth of Master Lvl ranking.

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Can you build and lvl up a weapon again and again for points, or do you only get it off the first time leveling the weapon? I guess I F'd up early on as well and Sold my MK1-Braton and Lato when they were around lvl 10 or so, so I missed out on about 4K worth of Master Lvl ranking.
    Unfortunately they only give exp towards your Mastery Rank the first time leveling them. Leveling them again with a forma is mainly to gain a new polarity on the Weapon/Warframe.

Thread Information