Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Can't remember $#@! from yesteryears here...

Forum Sage

Ah. PS3forums.com. There was some good times back then. It was definitely a more intellectually driven place than it is now. Don't get me wrong. Some people here are quite intellectual but the way the forums are set up now, you can't really debate to your heart and mind's content without fear of receiving an infraction or something of the sort. Also, there are people who just don't like being proven wrong on certain issues. I for one quite like it. Being proven wrong means I've learned something new. I long to return to those days where people stuck to their guns.

3. Likes Lefein likes this post
    young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I had my most fun on here between 2009 and early 2011. It was still ps3forums when I joined, and i used that url up until I no longer could. perhaps the best memory was the zombie apocalypse thread that was organised by gruddy a few years back. We were all put into squads and we got to choose weapon load outs and what our best skills were. then many of us wrote journal entries of the days events. It kept going for a good couple of weeks and there were some really good stories. I naturally have to give a nod to my british gaming thread, which despite reaching over 20k posts only managed to successfully organise 3 big joint gaming sessions.

Back in the days where I would wake up in the morning and there would be 10+ pages of new posts in the subscriber thread since I had last checked it (often just before going to bed) . I would then have to read through pages and pages in the ban thread. ps3forums used to be the reason that I would stay up at night. I suppose I stopped frequenting the site regularly when I went to university, whether I moved on, or the site just wasn't what it used to be I will never know, but activity has certainly dropped down. Ironically it was about that time that I was given the smc position. It seems to be something of a curse on these forums, get to smc and then just stop posting. The only things that bring me out of the wood work these days are these kinds of threads.

Most of the members that I got on with are gone: vintage, shaun, mali, lethal, fallingbullets, carocat, tribs, gilly, coma, reflex, kyaw, uber, dc, toony, holly just to name a few.

I even miss cliche-skating
    Last edited by squirrelbo1; 01-04-2014 at 16:03.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    There seemed to be a bit more fanny on the forums back then,too

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

6. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    yeah until carl scared them all away.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Squirrelboi, you sonuva$#@!! I didn't know you were still here, but you are alive and well. Welcome back, for however brief it will be.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Can't forget BubbleButtKrisy.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Can't forget BubbleButtKrisy.
    especially when she does photo requests on psn

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Well coming up to my 5th year here, so thank you everyone

Sent by using my fingers. How else can you
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    The classic in-house PSU joke would probably be the "year of the PS3" proclamations lol. Every year our members would list the upcoming games and insist the PS3 would finally wipe the floor with the competition and return to PS2-level glory.

On a related note, the Lefein pep rally threads always stick out the most when I look back to 2006 and 2007. He would create a thread about once a week where he'd make a long post detailing why things were looking good for the PS3. They read like motivational speeches.

And the most memorable thread for me personally was the thread I made about the Final Fantasy VII Best Buy ad:

This forum went crazy and the thread went on for hundreds of pages. People were coming in and telling us how stupid we were lol. Then the thread was deleted by the mods as soon as we reached the scheduled release date of the game and saw nothing happened.
    I remember that post.

Aside from that image I mostly remember debates about HDDVD vs BluRay (man how that race was close) and a lot of spec talk. Threads with pictures had a 56K WARNING in the title. Seemed to be plenty of trolling back then (or I just don't go into the threads as much where it happens). I remember getting an infraction for trolling back Mbbest.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Thanks for the necrobump ttech. Must've missed this around new years due to all the food and booze.

Man oh man the memories. Heck I remember when this site wasn't called PSU.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Thread Information