Latest PSU headlines:

Batman Arkham Origins

Does anyone play the Arkham origins multiplayer around here? I just recently got some free time to actually play it online and I couldn't because there weren't enough players. I tried for 2 or 3 days with no one except 3 other people logging in to try to play. I havn't been able to try during the day because I usually am working but I thought for sure I could get lucky with the weekend but still nothing.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Don't even own the game but was wondering your opinion on the single player?

well, I havn't finished the game yet but so far its pretty good. If you have ever played Batman Arkham Asylum or Batman Arkham city, it's pretty much the same controls. As far as the story goes, I prefer Rocksteady make the batman games because at face value the game is a copy of those games made by rocksteady. I really was looking forward to the multiplayer since neither AA or AC have that mode. That is what set Arkham Origins apart from the other two games. It was a little strange playing a game without kevin conroy voicing batman, but I imagine I will feel the same when Metal Gear comes without David Hayter.

Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Never tried the multi-player, not really sure I'm interested.

I have completed the single player campaign, though I'm far from complete on the side missions. The game is a bit schizophrenic in a way, all the things they lifted from Rocksteady still work, the combat is fun, the stealth missions are fun, you still feel like Batman kicking ass. The new detective missions are interesting. Some of the boss fights are fun. But the game doesn't look any better than City, uses a much smaller portion of the city, worse it doesn't really feel like this is a new Batman only a couple years into his career, he has pretty much all the final gadgets from City and finds more, he can fast travel using a remote controlled VTOL jet, and while some of the bosses are more obscure, the game still deeply relies on a single villain. In fact it is likely that making this a prequel was decided purely to use that villain, and if the series can't stand without him then it has issues. Worse, a lot of things are complicated by additions, while stealth missions are fun there's no many where you can simply snag them onto the gargoyles, and you spend a lot more time trying to work around their patterns than taking them out. Several of the gadgets you find are all but useless except as a chain for combos, and one, the last weapon you find pretty much nukes the difficulty of any regular fight. You build up a charge during a fight, trigger the gauntlets and almost everyone becomes a one hit knock out. Bad guys also still have near perfect aim over long distances. Finally, they got new voice actors. Some do credible jobs imitating previous actors, but I really miss Kevin Conroy as Batman.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Does this have any of those annoying campaign Riddler challenges?
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    The single player is pretty outstanding IMHO. Battle, graphics etc are all top notch.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Does this have any of those annoying campaign Riddler challenges?
    There are a number of Riddler related side missions and quests, it isn't nearly as a deep as the ones in City. No timed rescues or anything like that. There are wifi relays to destroy, data caches to find (most hidden or behind puzzles), there are information brokers to interrogate, and a couple small mission like tasks.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    I played the game the week it came out and I think I found a multiplayer game once.

I would hardly call the campaign outstanding. It is more of the same, but it feels like the B-team production. Crappy city design. Buggy. Sparsely populated city with the same enemy models over and over.

I did like the rogue gallery, but even that is misleading as eventually some of the 8 assassins are actually optional missions.

PSN ID
    SkylineOwner69
    Just like the other Batman games, I have never been able to get into them :S

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by InkTheKid View Post
    Just like the other Batman games, I have never been able to get into them :S
    i was like that at first because i love batman as a comic/concept. but then i got into the games and found they are, by themselves, just really fun games. especially this one.

I have not play and probably will not play in Bathman Origins because I'm hearing quite good reviews from other players
    Last edited by sabrine; 01-14-2014 at 10:32.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are a number of Riddler related side missions and quests, it isn't nearly as a deep as the ones in City. No timed rescues or anything like that. There are wifi relays to destroy, data caches to find (most hidden or behind puzzles), there are information brokers to interrogate, and a couple small mission like tasks.
    I don't mind those, I meant the annoying combat and predator challenges from Asylum/City from the main menu.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrine View Post
    I have not play and probably will not play in Bathman Origins because I'm hearing quite good reviews from other players
    That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    If you played Arkham City then Origins will just feel like a big DLC Story expansion but if you haven't played City then it's a great game with a darker Feel to it I actually prefered the way they took this Batman ,it's just a shame that the didn't add anything to separate it from Arkham City imo also not tried the Multi-player

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrine View Post
    I think you meant to say the opposite of what you just said.

Thread Information