Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Based off of that tweet, no one should honestly believe anything.
    Why? It's coming from an industry insider. Make more sense for that to be true than it coming from a dev. Like I said, I'm not saying that they are 100% having issues but I don't discredit it because that's what insiders do. They get information that no one else can.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

2. Likes AttackTitan, mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Why assume it is going to stay that way? Geez......the X1 is just over a month old.
    Not forever but we are going to see a lot of 720p games. I don't believe that I said it would stay that way, did I?
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Not forever but we are going to see a lot of 720p games. I don't believe that I said it would stay that way, did I?
    Well, if "the power just isn't there" then yeah.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Got to remember, this is Unreal Engine 3 customized. UE3 is a big resource hog, not optimizing or compensating for lack of lighting and shader effects that is identifying nextgen engines. We have 7 years which UE3 never ported well to the PS3, ported better to the 360 and best on high end gaming PC's. These early launch titles are the end for modded UE3 titles, too close to completion to cancel but already too far along built on customized UE3. The other factor is the devs are making the bridge to nextgen, not by porting for nextgen hardware, but by just downscaling the PC version. Think about, or just try, taking Crysis 2 or Fallout3 or Skyrim and setting the screen size to 1280x720p. Even with 4XAA, the results aren't pretty. The frame rate will be faster though.
    Not sure which game you are talking about, but TitanFall is using a modified version of Source Engine which is arguably one of the best for performance. The game can run 60fps highest setting @ 4k with a single titan GPU (as explained by a respawn dev a few weeks back)

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Why? It's coming from an industry insider. Make more sense for that to be true than it coming from a dev. Like I said, I'm not saying that they are 100% having issues but I don't discredit it because that's what insiders do. They get information that no one else can.
    Michael Patcher is also an industry insider....lol He said its not up to snuff and its expected for a game thats unfinished. His tweet didn't say they were having problems, the thread title does.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Michael Patcher is also an industry insider....lol He said its not up to snuff and its expected for a game thats unfinished. His tweet didn't say they were having problems, the thread title does.
    I'm talking about Thuway. But he says Drivers are coming. Why does that not count for anything. He's not bashing it. Just saying with the current tools they have it's not up to snuff. Not like he's saying it's going to run like $#@! in 720p. I'm curious as to why you say we shouldn't believe that but should a dev is all.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I'm talking about Thuway. But he says Drivers are coming. Why does that not count for anything. He's not bashing it. Just saying with the current tools they have it's not up to snuff. Not like he's saying it's going to run like $#@! in 720p. I'm curious as to why you say we shouldn't believe that but should a dev is all.
    Cuz devs always tell the truth. Shout out to Dennis Dyack.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

9. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Forum Sage
    I'm talking about Thuway too. His actual words weren't they were having problems. I'm not accusing him of bashing it. He could be right. The game may not be up to snuff but he didn't say they were having problems. They could be just waiting on tools like he stated. The thread title doesn't have a question mark, implying they are having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Cuz devs always tell the truth. Shout out to Dennis Dyack.
    We really can't say who is telling the truth.Nothing has been proven.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-31-2013 at 21:50.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I'm talking about Thuway too. His actual words weren't they were having problems. I'm not accusing him of bashing it. He could be right. The game may not be up to snuff but he didn't say they were having problems. They could be just waiting on tools like he stated. The thread title doesn't have a question mark, implying they are having problems.

We really can't say who is telling the truth.Nothing has been proven.
    OK I get what you saying.

Superior Member
    Still arguing over 720p.....

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Yep, and its only been a fews months since consoles released.....lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    About like the superiority of multiplats conversations from last Gen. We just stopped having that conversation a couple years ago after it was done and over.

Friendship is Carrots
    I really despise how things are turning into a war of resolution. Last-generation is was about disc size differences and the purported power of the Cell processor. Maybe it'll settle down once there's a larger inventory of games to compare and argue over, but I doubt it.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I really despise how things are turning into a war of resolution. Last-generation is was about disc size differences and the purported power of the Cell processor. Maybe it'll settle down once there's a larger inventory of games to compare and argue over, but I doubt it.
    Every Gen has their respective feather in the cap. Like I mentioned, last Gen Ms fans had their mutiplat superior argument. Now Sony fans have their 720 p vs 1080 p argument. It won't end. It's always going to be there.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    What happened to the cloud? That was a better and entertaining argument

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

18. Likes dondidit likes this post
    Superior Member

Actually, he is not. He is an industry analyst. He analyzes public information.

Thuway is an actual insider and one that has been around for a while and has proven his credential.

We already have full spec and multiplat games for direct comparison. It is not as mystical power that we had with Cell. We have very similar architecture which allows us to make good comparison.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 01-01-2014 at 18:42.

20. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Make no mistake about it. The team at Redmond working on the Xbox OS are probably the best OS programmers in the world.
    so they still have time. I think by the end of the first quarter of next year, we will have stable dev software for both systems and games will start getting 'more next gen looking' from there
    and yet these "best OS programmers in the world" got it wrong with Xbox, straight out the box.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    It is the HD era. Hell we'realready talking about the next thing and these consoles can barely spit out proper 720p at THIS point....

It is sort of petty though the nit-picking going on with this console war but this little issue in itself is quite despicable in itself.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    What happened to the cloud? That was a better and entertaining argument

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    i'd imagine the cloud evaporated when MS had to do the 180 that removed the always online part of the console. but as this game is always on, i'd assume the cloud will yet have its day with this title.

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    Actually, he is not. He is an industry analyst. He analyzes public information.

Thuway is an actual insider and one that has been around for a while and has proven his credential.

We already have full spec and multiplat games for direct comparison. It is not as mystical power that we had with Cell. We have very similar architecture which allows us to make good comparison.
    You're new here. Well spoken, calm and mature analysis. Quality counter points made.

I like you.

We've got another good one here Rapture.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Surely this only becomes a story once the game is released? Not half way through its development cycle.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    It is the HD era. Hell we'realready talking about the next thing and these consoles can barely spit out proper 720p at THIS point.... It is sort of petty though the nit-picking going on with this console war but this little issue in itself is quite despicable in itself.
    What "these consoles" are you referring to being barely able to spit out 720p? Every game on PS4 is native 1080p except for BF4 at 900p.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-01-2014 at 22:26.

Super Elite
    Lets see.... I get when people say resolution doesn't matter but the x 1 is 5 times over what the 360 could be. there is no excuse for this game not to reach 720 beyond. Some people just have no hope for change. I sure as heck assume this gen is 1080 and then some. no excusessssssssss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    I'm aware. My point was the removal of any sort of drama over the differences. It's certainly worth recognizing the disparity present (and they are evident already, I believe), just not meddling and contesting over the details of them. These console wars and the battles within just appear petty to me.

I'm perhaps biased though. I've moved over to the PC, so I'm rather removed from the console playground now.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    What "these consoles" are you referring to being barely able to spit out 720p? Every game on PS4 is native 1080p except for BF4 at 900p.
    I'm actually referring to the past generation as well. We all know the claim that were made then and what we ended with on PS360, and now we have the One which seems oddly crippled considering it's supposedly using extremely similar hardware to the PS4. Even for the PS4 I have to wonder....... that's besides the point though

Thread Information