Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I've completed the campaign and have a played a fair bit of MP (mostly online squad mode) and havent seen these big framerate drops. Sorry. Still waiting for the above 60fps link though. That was allegedly the cause of the judder.
    Here ya go:
    LINK

Probably what you don't want to read:
    Update: Having reviewed the patch captures, there's an odd issue with tearing which caused some confusion, but we're fairly convinced now that in the revised version of the game at least, any judder is down to frame-rate drops and not the game running faster than 60Hz.
    Well, at least is was before the patch, the cause of the judder, now it's now what causes it.
    Last edited by F34R; 01-11-2014 at 20:27.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Here ya go: LINK Probably what you don't want to read: Well, at least is was before the patch, the cause of the judder, now it's now what causes it.
    interesting. Maybe I just dont have an eye for it. It just seems if the framerate is really that bad surely I would have noticed it sharp eye or not. But ok, if thats the verdict then thats the verdict. Not going to argue against DF. lol I trust them as a comparison site.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    interesting. Maybe I just dont have an eye for it. It just seems if the framerate is really that bad surely I would have noticed it sharp eye or not. But ok, if thats the verdict then thats the verdict. Not going to argue against DF. lol
    I wouldn't think it as something terrible. If you're so used to seeing 30fps, then 40 or 50 is a plus, regardless if that is dropping from 60. I definitely saw it throughout the campaign, but those are "set pieces", and the game is still a blast. MP, haven't played much, but also haven't had issues when playing. So.. an analysis doesn't always translate into an experience.

Super Elite
    I haven't noticed it either. I don't think I've ever witnessed frame tearing on it.

What I do notice is bad pop in. It drives me crazy too. Still love the game, killzone seems to run much better.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Sometimes you literally have to watch for the tearing, etc., and not focus on actually playing the game, if you want to notice it.

7. Likes Itachi wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I wouldn't think it as something terrible. If you're so used to seeing 30fps, then 40 or 50 is a plus, regardless if that is dropping from 60. I definitely saw it throughout the campaign, but those are "set pieces", and the game is still a blast. MP, haven't played much, but also haven't had issues when playing. So.. an analysis doesn't always translate into an experience.
    Thats true. Speaking of MP I'll have to fire some up later today. lol

Sometimes you literally have to watch for the tearing, etc., and not focus on actually playing the game, if you want to notice it.
    Yeah I'm propably too busy having fun to notice. lol
    Last edited by F34R; 01-11-2014 at 20:46.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post

it did ok "because" of what was inside.
    no, it did ok because people cared more about what was coming out of it, not what's inside.

that's not an issue with performance or power itself, it has to do with coding issues. look at crow's post.
    Never said it was an issue. It's just people have different views on what's better for them. I only used tha as an example.

lol except i'm not asking you to believe in predictions that are based off speculations. i'm asking you to believe in predictions that are based on fact and evidence.
    lol..you can ask but it's not up to you what people believe. Me, I'm not asking anything. I'm just giving my opinion based on what I've experienced.

COD runs bettter on X1? Thats news to me at least post patch. Its already been documented that the initial framerate judder was because of PS4 running COD in excess of 60fps not under it. And that was successfully patched. Cant post the link but a google search found that info for me.
    I was only using that for an example.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-11-2014 at 20:54.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    @Substance- No worrries. Its all good.

Extreme Poster
    @screen tearing. we have to look at how bad of a problem this is. how often do these dips occur. the devs wouldn't pick a higher resolution if they didn't think that it would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    no, it did ok because people cared more about what was coming out of it, not what's inside.
    lol what are you even talking about anymore? yes, people were "ok" with the issues PS3 counterparts had but eventually those problems were even more minimal than the beginning. but PS3 did improve overtime and it had a reason behind it, it's not just because the devs somehow threw magic pixie dust at the engine and made it work better.
    Never said it was an issue. It's just people have different views on what's better for them. I only used tha as an example.
    You're right, some people prefer higher resolution, some don't as evidenced by you since you don't. the frame tearing doesn't seem to be an excessive issue anyway, they'd have to show how frequent and how bad it is.

lol..you can ask but it's not up to you what people believe. Me, I'm not asking anything. I'm just giving my opinion based on what I've experienced.
    that's called faith. billions of people have them so don't feel bad. they feel it in them as well. there's no need for proof or facts.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I think these conversations are being held way way to early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    I've already put to bed alot of this, much to Sub_stance1's chagrin.

At the moment, on sports games and some racing, where the terrain doesn't turn over frequently and completely without repeating , the games are about the same on the XBO.

So, they are 1080p usually.

Where games have heavy terrain turnover, don't repeat, can't be 'loaded into memory' and particularly feature real time modification and lots of on the fly calculation... The XBO doesn't seem to keep up TODAY and those games are 720p, bowing to the bandwidth limitations imposed on creating more detail on more and more objects at a certain number of frames per second.

The PS4, except for Battle Field 4 which seems very screwed up in general, is running at 1080p on all 3rd party games and games of that type and doing so in the 60fps range.

As developers push and push, they will find better ways to do things, but, eventually something will require alot of calculations and perhaps the PS4 will be pushed to where the physics and lighting etc are so high it has to step down to 720p.

The XBO is then out of room on the same level of game.
    Does it reduce to 540p hoping it can keep up with the in game action?

Baring some really dizzying tile based resources management I don't think can be pulled off to such a degree, (which will end up being used by SONY anyway to their advantage as well), I don't see the XBO's position improving much, as I've said pretty much this same shit since day one and i'm still right.

Feel free to discuss how i'm wrong, as you always do.
    I'm glad you joined this forum and make posts like these. We have other really 'in the know' guys who post here but it's fairly sparse (like jilippone) outside of you and Mynd.

I'm not saying you and I will always see eye to eye, because Mynd and I differ off and on and I still love that glorious bastard, but its always great to see mature posting contributions on technical details.

Breath of fresh air.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Superior Member

I can't see how the Xbox One gaming capabilities are compromised. It still plays games.. no? I think it's way to early to start digging the grave.
    They've been writing the Xbox platform's obituary since 2001. Just straight hating!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Looks like xbox one is really loosing the fight considering all these media.
    The PS3 was hated on by the media and the only fight it lost was PS2-level supremacy. It still did very well.

Also.... a less specs console at a $100 higher price than the PS4 still selling 3+ million in such a short time is far from on the ropes. That's more than the PS3 and Xbox 360 launches combined.

Eventually people here will get off the Xbox One hate train once they figure out the horse is dead. But it took them at least 3-4 years to figure that out last-gen.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    They've been writing the Xbox platform's obituary since 2001. Just straight hating!
    oh yea, everyone hates the Xbox One for no reason at all. They're all crazies!

Superior Member

oh yea, everyone hates the Xbox One for no reason at all. They're all crazies!
    It's not hating cuz there's no reason at all to hate. It becomes hating when their hate is far more disproportionate to their actual issues with it.

A similar phenomenon in the world is "fake outrage" or the professional offended.

Extreme Poster
    It's not hating cuz there's no reason at all to hate. It becomes hating when their hate is far more disproportionate to their actual issues with it.

A similar phenomenon in the world is "fake outrage" or the professional offended.
    ok tell us where the criticism is incorrect? let's not beat around the bush with vague comments.

18. Likes PS4freak wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Tell us how you really feel

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Superior Member

ok tell us where the criticism is incorrect? let's not beat around the bush with vague comments.
    I didn't say incorrect, I said hating. Haters can have a valid complaint and still be haters.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'm glad you joined this forum and make posts like these. We have other really 'in the know' guys who post here but it's fairly sparse (like jilippone) outside of you and Mynd. I'm not saying you and I will always see eye to eye, because Mynd and I differ off and on and I still love that glorious bastard, but its always great to see mature posting contributions on technical details. Breath of fresh air.
    Yep I really enjoy his posts as well. Hes definitely a great asset to this forum.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox

The PS3 was hated on by the media and the only fight it lost was PS2-level supremacy. It still did very well.

Also.... a less specs console at a $100 higher price than the PS4 still selling 3+ million in such a short time is far from on the ropes. That's more than the PS3 and Xbox 360 launches combined.

Eventually people here will get off the Xbox One hate train once they figure out the horse is dead. But it took them at least 3-4 years to figure that out last-gen.
    I dont think there is much left to figure out in terms of hardware however games coming to the xbox one might proof different in the future.

Extreme Poster
    I didn't say incorrect, I said hating. Haters can have a valid complaint and still be haters.
    ok but so far, you haven't made any distinction, so far you have just been making generalizations. one can easily assume that you're calling everyone a hater that has a valid point against the Xbox One.

24. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Such a coincidence that I see this thread today (due to the bumps) and this particular photo on fb:

Some posts here reminded me of this picture so I thought I'd post it

26. Likes Christopher , Sufi wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Such a coincidence that I see this thread today (due to the bumps) and this particular photo on fb:

Some posts here reminded me of this picture so I thought I'd post it
    Interesting.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Extreme Poster
    basically when people don't want to concern themselves with evidence, it's pointless to keep presenting them more of it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    basically when people don't want to concern themselves with evidence, it's pointless to keep presenting them more of it.
    Some people just see what they want to see. Pointless to debate with people who are like that.

Extreme Poster
    Some people just see what they want to see. Pointless to debate with people who are like that.
    "seeing what they want to see" hasn't been truer than ever.

i was playing GTAV yesterday and i keep my sharpness at 0 because i read somewhere that this is the natural state your TV should be in. if you go above 0, you are processing it digitally and it's not the original signal anymore.

though it is possible to enhance it by sharpening it up a little bit...say 10 clicks, maybe 15...that is if your TV has like 100 clicks. i had started to get tired of this game recently due to its blurriness. other games aren't as bad, there's a lot of LOD in this game, so i tweaked it a bit, went up to 15 clicks.

all of a suddent, it was like i was watching it in some other resolution but the game itself looked kind of rough. i could tell it wasn't as pretty because it was more rough but it was definitely sharper. so i'm going to keep it that way because it does help a little. though you can easily notice more artifacts that are there due to modifying the signal that any amount of "sharpness" does in an HDTV.

once i get the 1080p, i'm going to remove that sharpness because that's not how you're supposed to look at your HDTV. so maybe people that don't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p even given the right setup and distance, may not have the right TV settings. it's possible people can't tell between just a game with full of artifacts. i can see how it would be difficult to tell the difference.

i suggest people to turn off their sharpness and then look at the difference. because this shit is blurry as fuck. and then look at 1080p movies and see how amazing they look with 0 sharpness.

so i'm fairly sure i'm going to be very pleased with anything higher than 720p moving forward. 1080p would just be the icing on the cake for me.

Thread Information