Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Deep Down allows you to loot other players corpses

And i'm ok with it

In the wake of the new Deep Down asset blowout done by Capcom just a few days ago, new information about the game is trickling down the grapevine.

In the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu a new weapon type has been introduced alongside the already known sword and shield combo and the spear. Greatswords (or two handed swords, depending how you translate “両手剣”) will be available as well, dealing high damage in broad sweeps.

In addition to that Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and Asia provided some new info on the title’s gameplay.

We learn that the feelings that will characterize the game’s dungeons won’t have just a cosmetic value, changing the looks of the labyrinths we’ll explore. Using those feelings, called “Memento” players will actually be able to enhance their weapons and armor, even if it’s not yet known how exactly this will happen.

Another very interesting detail is that dungeons will exist in a shared world somehow similar to what we found in Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls. Instead of finding messages left by other players, we’ll actually find their corpses when they die, and we’ll be able to loot their equipment. It’s not known at the moment if they’ll actually lose something when that’ll happen, though. It’s actually unlikely as the game’s Producer Yoshinori Ono mentioned in an interview a few months ago that he wanted to create a friendly environment for players not familiar with online games, and full corpse looting would probably be counterproductive in that light (but this last part is just my speculation).

We also get a new story blurb, that adds a couple pieces of the puzzle of the game’s “Solid Storyline” as Sony defines it. Here’s a full translation.

The stage of the story is New York in 2094. A member of the Ravens with the ability to read the residual thoughts that dwell on items earns his livings by clarifying the story from archaeological sites of ancient cultures. At one point in an excavation in the Czech Republic some ruins from the late 15th century are found. The presence of a mysterious city and the memories of an ancient civilization can be found in the site. The hero receives the request to investigate the ruins and to read its memories.
    It’s definitely hard not to find the game intriguing. Initially i found a lot of points similar to Capcom’s own Dragon’s Dogma, but it seems that the developer is also going after the Dark Souls fanbase with the game, even if the gameplay we saw so far doesn’t seem as unforgiving and ruthlessly challenging.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/...ting-and-more/

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I hope the looted dont actually lose the items... that would be challenging and annoying.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    They've done that in other games and it didn't go over well.

I personally wouldn't like it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    Nice idea!!!
    Sony BRAVIA 40" XBR4
    harman/kardon AVR1600
    1Tb PS3 slim
    500Gb PS4
    Toshiba S50D A
    AMD A10-5745M APU 2.10Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD 8500M
    8Gb RAM
    1Tb Hdd
    Windows 8

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Some good info there, can't wait to see some more gameplay!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    So maybe corpses will drop some potion item all the time and have a rare chance of looting one of our armor pieces. But when we die we keep all our loot.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Guru
    I really hope one looses his equipment for death, it is the proper way to give sense of danger and accomplishment.
    Some deaths spawning ghosts would be sweet as well. (Could stumble into own or friends ghosts in areas where they have died.)
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Master Sage
    Losing our stuff won't be that bad if we can store what we are not using in our apartments

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    So hyped for this game

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    So hyped for this game

Apprentice

PSN ID
    toxic-nightmare
    It could also be were, say if I died and they looted my corpse. They have a chance to find a duplicate item of one that I had (so they potentially find something very good) while I'm not losing any of my gear to a random looter. But I wonder what the penalty will be for dying.

| Diablo 3 battletag : Toxictemplar#1752 | PSN : Toxic-Nightmare | gamertag : Toxictemplar | Feel free to add me |

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Reminds me of eve online where you can take other peoples stuff.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    I really hope one looses his equipment for death, it is the proper way to give sense of danger and accomplishment.
    Oh good idea!

Also if you die and someone loots you, then you can pay real money to get those items back... or pay real money in order to not let people loot you.

Actually i hope im able to pay for all the items in the game, that way i dont have to worry about farming for the armor or weapons or losing them or getting them looted.

I also hope they add an option for bosses, where i can just pay for individual boss battles, that way i can choose the ones i want to fight. Or just make it so the game only gives you one free boss, and if you even want the others, you can buy them.

Capcom should just release one Area Dungeon (Ice Level, or Fire Level, Etc...) that is randomly generated, you can replay that one area with random generated dungeons, but if you want the other areas you have to pay for them.

I REALLY hope i can pay real money for the option to skip the entire game, that way i dont even have to play it!

Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This is an interesting sounding game, I can't wait to see more demos of it. The first trailer was cool and kinda creepy, with all those random voices saying random stuff. Corpse looting is a good idea but yeah, not if you lose it all haha.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    We know next to nothing about the game and yet people on gaf and some even here are acting like F2P is the end of the world. There are games proven to work quite well with the F2P formula (Warframe, TF2, Planet Side 2 etc) . Just wait before you write it off

16. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Can't wait for this game!! Has there been any gameplay videos yet? Seen a bunch of trailers, but no Gameplay.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Oh good idea!

Also if you die and someone loots you, then you can pay real money to get those items back... or pay real money in order to not let people loot you.

Actually i hope im able to pay for all the items in the game, that way i dont have to worry about farming for the armor or weapons or losing them or getting them looted.
    The items are still in the world, even if someone steals them..
    You might be able to buy them back from some random merchant or find lying around. (or get from the looter. )

For this kind of game one just needs to play Nethack and other rogue likes to see that there is huge amount of funky things that would be possible.
    Things like player ghosts, corpse eating, sacrificing a priest to another deity on his own altar (with proper consequence).. etc.
    Also monsters having hearing, smell are quite easy to implement as are proper item lists, pack backs and monsters using items they have found lying around.
    A strict limited world does have it's good side.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Thread Information