Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage

MMO publisher Perfect World Entertainment bringing 'current and future' projects...

MMO publisher Perfect World Entertainment bringing 'current and future' projects to console.

Perfect World Entertainment, publisher of free-to-play games like Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter and Star Trek Online, has announced the creation of a new company division that plans to bring "current and future" games to both current and next-gen consoles.

Perfect World Entertainment CEO Alan Chen said in a press release that the studio's move to consoles was a "natural progression," but no details were given on how the company's mostly keyboard-and-mouse-centric games will be translated to the controller-oriented consoles. The press release did, however, tease that more details will be coming sometime next year
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/29/mm...g-current-and/

Not a PS4 exclusive, but it'll still be nice to have more MMO's on PS4 ^^.
    Last edited by MedicDog; 12-30-2013 at 07:20. Reason: Forgot link.

Dedicated Member
    No, please, bring me more.

Also, I have to find it again, but I saw the funniest Chinese product name for a genericish Android TV box in a while>

Mobile.Home, lol.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Superior Member

Meh. I'm over MMO's given how they're all designed. I think developers really need to examine how everything works and how one thing effects another and maybe then they'll build something right for me. Though it is a plus getting them on consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    Meh. I'm over MMO's given how they're all designed. I think developers really need to examine how everything works and how one thing effects another and maybe then they'll build something right for me. Though it is a plus getting them on consoles.
    Sounds like you want EverQuest Next... Well thats if they deliver on their promises. I was like you being completely over MMOs because they were all the same but it looks like EQN will change things.
    Watch this (Its long but well worth the watch imo)

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Sounds like you want EverQuest Next... Well thats if they deliver on their promises. I was like you being completely over MMOs because they were all the same but it looks like EQN will change things.
    Watch this (Its long but well worth the watch imo)

I was looking at that one before, but the combat looks uninteresting, I never really liked it when character look/feel disconnected from the world, and that cartoon like aesthetic has gotten tiresome over the past few years.

Though ENext does have some interesting new features.
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Get ready to spend 100 a month to have fun and play with a pretty vial community.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Rusty Hearts would be a good one to bring to the PS4, it's already based around the gamepad so there won't be much of a problem to bring it to across, it's also more like a side scrolling beat'em up but with guns instead.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    I was looking at that one before, but the combat looks uninteresting, I never really liked it when character look/feel disconnected from the world, and that cartoon like aesthetic has gotten tiresome over the past few years.

Though ENext does have some interesting new features.
    They havent revealed combat yet just some skills on poor ai or none at all. The artstyle isnt for everyone but i love it. There are also other features revealed not in that video. No levels and No Holy Trinity are big ones.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    They havent revealed combat yet just some skills on poor ai or none at all. The artstyle isnt for everyone but i love it. There are also other features revealed not in that video. No levels and No Holy Trinity are big ones.
    Yeah I was kinda referring to what they showed. It seems like enemies look just like rag dolls and it also looks like there's little to no physics taken into account from the player against enemies, I find that bothersome.

I do like the weapon designs, but the way they described it, it seems like they're going with a variation of what FFXIV did where the weapons determine your abilities, though within your current class, in a way that seems to make more sense to me.

The no levels thing annoys me a bit, it seems to go in the same direction that MMO's have gone in, where it's easy to reach max level, and that's where all the content in, ENext seems to be forgoing the levels altogether, have to wait and see what they replace it with exactly.

No Holy Trinity? I think I missed that part. Did they state whether it's not possible or that it's not needed? I'd prefer the second since something other than the former practically never work, but I am on the side of finding something better than the trinity or at the very least different.
    oops

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Get ready to spend 100 a month to have fun and play with a pretty vial community.
    All perfect world games I have played are free... If your talking about cash shops, then how do you suppose they make money?
    I'm assuming by vial you mean "small", if so that won't be the case for any F2P game on a console unless F2P games become numerous like on the PC.

Edit: I have Torchlight 2 on steam and noticed Perfect World is a developer/publisher, so I guess not all Perfect World games are free.
    Last edited by Loui2; 12-31-2013 at 00:01.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Loui2 View Post
    All perfect world games I have played are free... If your talking about cash shops, then how do you suppose they make money?
    I'm assuming by vial you mean "small", if so that won't be the case for any F2P game on a console unless F2P games become numerous like on the PC.
    I think they might mean vile?

I've never had any problems with the f2p community on PC, I suppose I must be the problem.

Thread Information