Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

Your Fifa 14 Career Mode

A Thread to discuss all things in your Career Mode! Whether it's results, signings, hidden gems, whatever document it here.

I went Arsenal this time around, usually go Rangers, (for obvious reasons) and although I did start a CM with them (switching them back into the SPL) I found it tough going with a 1 and a half star team

Anyway first thing I did at Arsenal was sold a few of the Reserve team players along with Bendtner, Cazorla, Giroud, Rosicky and Frimpong. I brought in Suarez and Michu from Swansea.

My Results so far are as follows:

Arsenal 1 Aston Villa 0 PL
    Fulham 1 Arsenal 1 PL
    Arsenal 5 Newcastle 0 LC
    Arsenal 5 Sunderland 0 PL
    Arsenal 2 Tottenham 1 PL
    Stoke 0 Arsenal 3 PL
    Arsenal 2 Bournemouth 1 LC
    Arsenal 4 Swansea 0 PL
    West Brom 1 Arsenal 5 PL

Got off to a slow start but starting to pick up now. Hardest game so far was against Bournemouth! They took an early lead and i struggled to break them down until Walcott came on and changed things!

Anyway thats enough from me lol how are you guys doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Driveclub Team A Head
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Not played it for a little while but started a career with Northampton as it's not far from where I live, played 15 games so far and I have won 11, drawn 2 and lost 2 so not on a bad run so far and topping the league.
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Only lost one game so far and I am about 20 games into a season...lost to spurs...it was 2 - 1 to me (mufc) and they scored 2 in the last 4 minutes...bummer. still, it's a beltin game.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I'm always playing online so the career mode's a bit of an afterthought but I started one with United last week. Just past January now, one loss, I think. Got rid of Anderson, Nani among others. Not renewing Evra or Ferdinand's contracts and brought in Gundogan, Shaw and Ward-Prowse. Also scouting rigorously for the next big thing!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I let nani's contract run down and made him an offer I knew he would refuse. He declined and said he would be leaving. Got rid of fellani asap, johnny evans went for 8 million. Couldn't turn it down...bought in alexis sanchez so far...awaiting more funds for a dual swoop. All players of the squad are scoring...vidics scored a few crackin headers, fletcher, nani, and rvp all on form, rooney sittin behind rvp providing some crackin goals too.

6. Likes Gers likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    I let nani's contract run down and made him an offer I knew he would refuse. He declined and said he would be leaving. Got rid of fellani asap, johnny evans went for 8 million. Couldn't turn it down...bought in alexis sanchez so far...awaiting more funds for a dual swoop. All players of the squad are scoring...vidics scored a few crackin headers, fletcher, nani, and rvp all on form, rooney sittin behind rvp providing some crackin goals too.

Who you bringing in along with Alexis Sanchez?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I might start a career with a team instead of a single player.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I might start a career with a team instead of a single player.
    Would that be with Liverpool by any chance?

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Who you bringing in along with Alexis Sanchez?

Not sure at the moment. I got scouts in brazil, argentina, holland, and the usa...was looking at robben for a while. He's incredible still. He ain't a player I NEED tho. I may go with a cheeky 'praise leighton baines' before an everton match followed by a lowish bid...might do the job until I find someone younger and can b brought through.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Would that be with Liverpool by any chance?

Sure, I'll take 'em.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Not sure at the moment. I got scouts in brazil, argentina, holland, and the usa...was looking at robben for a while. He's incredible still. He ain't a player I NEED tho. I may go with a cheeky 'praise leighton baines' before an everton match followed by a lowish bid...might do the job until I find someone younger and can b brought through.

Go for Shaw! You can get him for about 3 million or less and he becomes incredible.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Not huge on Career Mode, as like Shockwave I tend to spend the bulk of my time online.
    In my latest endeavor with Career Mode though I play in my spare time, I went for Tottenham due to the 100million they spent in the Summer transfer window (albeit since then those signings didn't turn out to be TOO brilliant)
    So the first thing I noticed when I started the campaign, was that all summer signings were part of the squad AND one particular summer departure from the club remained in the squad! Gareth Bale was still a spurs player for the time being despite interest from the biggest names in Europe.
    My first job was to attempt to keep Bale, and I did so after rejecting all offers and keeping him in the team despite his poor poor morale from wanting to leave the club. Shut up Gareth, you'll be fine in August.
    So during August-January Bale was my top scorer. I had brought in Matts Hummels in the initial transfer window to add abit of depth to the centre half position, he and Vertonghan developed a good partnership and racked up enough clean sheets to leave me in all competitions, top of my Europa League group, and surprisingly top of the Premier League come January.

Bale despite being in top form and fairly happy (as I said, in August he'd completely forgotten about things and was happy as Larry immediately) handed in a transfer request, the board got involved and said that it was strongly suggested I let him go.
    3 offers came through, 40 mil from Bayern and Barcelona and 60 mil from Real Madrid.
    I countered all 3 offers with 86,000,000 to see if Bale in the world of FIFA would summon a sum similar to the one he fetched IRL. A few days later, no counter offers were received, Bayern and Barca outright declined and Real replied with a 'Yes' and then it was out of my control! Unfortunately, I would have liked to have kept him, I fully expected all 3 teams to decline the counter-offer, but after Real had accepted, the transfer was pushed through by the board.

With the money from Bale I invested in a young left-back in David Alaba who was already certified on the world stage and had PLENTY of time for growth.
    Then I brought in Neymar! The pair made an instant impact and we scored on average 2 goals more per game than with Bale. Resulting in winning the Premier League, being a runner up in the F.A cup, Winning the League cup and making it to the last 4 of the Europa League! I still have the save so with another transfer window ahead and bonuses from my progress in the four competitions I have participated in, I hope to make another marquee signing and see if I can land more silverware when I'm not busy on Ultimate Team.

Thats my story so far, I would love to use this thread as a platform to go into high levels of detail of the upcoming season, or start a rags to riches file from League 2, League 1 or even the Championship.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Bought ronaldo and neymar. Was funny...initially, I asked real madrid about aquiring ronaldo. They told me that they would not sell him for any amount of money. I made an offer of 43 million and they accepted lol. Then I bought neymar, but then realised I don't have the wages to pay him lol. Sold bebe, rooney, had loads of offers for chicharito but turned them all down. He's been $#@!in sensational for me. I am convinced that if hernandez started regularly for united he would amazing.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Bought ronaldo and neymar. Was funny...initially, I asked real madrid about aquiring ronaldo. They told me that they would not sell him for any amount of money. I made an offer of 43 million and they accepted lol. Then I bought neymar, but then realised I don't have the wages to pay him lol. Sold bebe, rooney, had loads of offers for chicharito but turned them all down. He's been $#@!in sensational for me. I am convinced that if hernandez started regularly for united he would amazing.

I actually have a career as Real Madrid, I replaced Benzema with Hernandez. Hernandez is sensational in this game.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    Thats my story so far, I would love to use this thread as a platform to go into high levels of detail of the upcoming season, or start a rags to riches file from League 2, League 1 or even the Championship.
    That's why I started this thread mate, so that your and everyone else's season can be documented in as much detail as you like. Hopefully it will spark discussions and debate.

I had a quick game before work this morning. I played against Norwich at the Emirates. Norwich had won there last 3 games so I was expecting a tough encounter and I was right.

First 15 minutes started sloppy for Arsenal. Norwich sat back trying to soak up my attacks and it worked. We couldn't get out of first gear and play that fluid attractive football you expect from Arsenal. Then on the 15th minute Norwich counter attacked, the keeper saved but fumbled the ball and a mix up between Szczesny and Jenkinson (who was played as a make shift CB due to injuries) allowed their forward, Tettey pounce and put it over the line for a goal.

That seemed to spark Arsenal into life. The passing and movement was alot more fluid and chances were starting to be created, with Michu guilty of missing a few. We kept plugging away though and the dangerous Oxlade-Chamberlain finally equalised in the 38th minute. It was a sweet strike from outside the box, the ball always swerving away from the goalkeeper. He did manage to get a hand to it but was powerless to stop it. 1-1.

At half time I took off the unusually quiet Suarez, who was sitting just behind Michu in attack. I brung on Arteta for him and shuffled the pack, putting Wilshere in the role Suarez was in and Arteta into CM.

During the second half it was all Arsenal. Oxlade-Chamberlain looking particularly dangerous throughout but just couldn't find away past them. Norwich threatened with occasional counter attacks but in the end it finished 1-1.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Found the games where getting easy so I switched the difficulty up to world class and put the length of the games upto 15 minutes. I also play with the game speed at slow. What do you guys play it as?

Anyway won the 1st game against Stoke with the new settings 1-0 at the Emirates. My second game was against Man Utd at Old Trafford. Totally dominated the game but couldn't find away past the keeper.

Want to get to January now and bring in a few more players.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Professional, four-minute halves and fast! I'm near the title but the injuries have been mounted - every time I sim a game I get a red card, too. Need to send a few on loan get one or two of the older folk out, it's crunch time. Always have to be planning the next team - never rest on your laurels!

Apprentice
    My favorite team i support is Man United but when playing career i always play with Bury and bring them up through the leagues..Just finished my second year in the prem (after bringing them through the championship and football league 2) and am competing for a CL spot..

20. Likes Gers likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    Professional, four-minute halves and fast! I'm near the title but the injuries have been mounted - every time I sim a game I get a red card, too. Need to send a few on loan get one or two of the older folk out, it's crunch time. Always have to be planning the next team - never rest on your laurels!
    Do you find that with those settings the game is a challenge?

Ok well I'm at the start of December in my Season. Unbeaten so far, played 14 games and joint top with Man city who coincidentally I am played next at the Etihad. Any suggestions on who to bring on when the January window opens? Ideally, I need to bring in a RB, LW and a CAM

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Not too much, usually can get the win. I do struggle with Legendary, though.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Any suggestions on who to sign? Looking for young players with excellent prospect

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Any suggestions on who to sign? Looking for young players with excellent prospect
    I believe hoodya knickabolokoff is available from auxere. Just offer more than 5 mil.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Kurt Zouma, Juan Manuel iturbe, Luciano Vietto, Matthias Ginter, Adem Lajajic, Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Alvaro Vadillo, Ali Adnan, Adam Maher, Zakaria Bakkali, Luc Castaignos, Memphis Depay, Viktor Fischer, Alen Halilovic - to name a few!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I believe hoodya knickabolokoff is available from auxere. Just offer more than 5 mil.
    Cunny funt

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    Kurt Zouma, Juan Manuel iturbe, Luciano Vietto, Matthias Ginter, Adem Lajajic, Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse, Alvaro Vadillo, Ali Adnan, Adam Maher, Zakaria Bakkali, Luc Castaignos, Memphis Depay, Viktor Fischer, Alen Halilovic - to name a few!
    Cheers mate, I'll check them out!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Lol. Was a longshot...thought it was so blatant that it might slip through haha

28. Likes Gers likes this post

Thread Information