Latest PSU headlines:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    I find the default World Class too hard. The computer seem to be able to score at will, especially after I have scored. Other problems I have encountered are as follows:

- I press the button to close down the opposition and I end up going in the opposite direction leaving them clear one on one chances.

- The superman speed AI defenders can catch up to me when I'm in the box one on one

- I can have say 15 shots with 9 on target and score once, the AI has 3 shots, 2 on target and score 2. That's a common one

Anyway the sliders help rid of these some what. The games are generally closer and challenging, thus more realistic in my opinion.

To be honest mate I get my sliders from another forum. I'd be happy to PM you the link?
    Just give us the figures what you have your sliders on next time you play or something I'll give it a whirl.
    Can't really visit a different forum till I go on my laptop; haven't been on it once since I got tapatalk haha

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I don't want to promote another forum but it can be accessed from tapatalk as that's what I use lol but no problem I'll post the settings I use when I'm on tonight

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

PSN ID
    Banks17Freddie

Crystal Palace Career Mode

I recently started on a FIFA 14 Crystal Palace career mode which I am really enjoying. I sold the ageing, rather average players such as Gabbidon and Parr. I brought in young talent such as Shaw and Bentaleb (both proving excellent so far) and experience in midfield with Bradley Johnson on a 4 year deal from Norwich City.

Starting 11:
    Hennessy

Ward Mariappa Delaney Shaw

Jedinak

Ledley Johnson

Ince Cameron Puncheon

Ince has been unbelievable so far. He provides excellent service to Cameron and chips in with a few goals himself every now and again. I don't have much time but will be sure to post in the near future. What difficulty and half length do you play on?

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Welcome to the forum mate!

I play on World Class, custom sliders, 10 minute halfs and pace slow.

What about you?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Professional and four-minute halves for me.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93

Your Fifa 14 Career Mode

Ok so after another skim of this thread and a little googling I'm just initiating a Leeds United save;
    Latest squads downloaded

Going for the following settings
    Half length: undecided; between 8-12 Minutes
    Difficulty: World Class
    Game Speed: Slow

Sprint: 45/45
    Acceleration: 49/49
    Shot Error: 54/53
    Pass Error: 50/61
    Shot Speed 50/50
    Pass Speed: 53/53
    Injury Frequency: 70/66
    Injury Severity: 45/45
    GK Ability: 48/47
    Marking: 49/49
    Run Frequency: 50/50
    Line Height: 49/49
    Line Length: 52/52
    Line Width: 53/53
    Fullback Positioning: 51/51
    First Touch Control: 50/50
    Power Bar: 50

Literally setting it all up now so won't be able to let you know about any games until I've set up the scouting network and scoured the market, shifted dead weights, renewed contracts etc
    Will definitely keep you posted though

Lets Play!
    PS4.

7. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Switched to Professional, the game is very easy, won every game so far, the gab between World Class and Professional is huge.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ^Play around with sliders, makes a difference. I get a good variety of games. E.g. lost to PSg in the European Cup %-3, then some 1-1 and 0-0 draws and some 10, and 3-0 victories. Very satsifying.

Playing a save in where I'm a striker for Arsenal (hey, where there's a hole/need right? ). It's a tight race between me and Southampton at the top, lost to them while away 2-1. About 1 point between us. Still, only about ~20 games played in the season so see how that goes.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    ^Play around with sliders, makes a difference. I get a good variety of games. E.g. lost to PSg in the European Cup %-3, then some 1-1 and 0-0 draws and some 10, and 3-0 victories. Very satsifying.

Playing a save in where I'm a striker for Arsenal (hey, where there's a hole/need right? ). It's a tight race between me and Southampton at the top, lost to them while away 2-1. About 1 point between us. Still, only about ~20 games played in the season so see how that goes.
    How's your sliders adjusted ? i don't want to miss with it so i don't ruin it.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    How's your sliders adjusted ? i don't want to miss with it so i don't ruin it.
    I'm on Professional = but sliders are close to default with some adjustments made.

On that note, does anyone know how to make the AI try to shoot form distance more? I always end up outshooting them.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    Ok so after another skim of this thread and a little googling I'm just initiating a Leeds United save;
    Latest squads downloaded

Going for the following settings
    Half length: undecided; between 8-12 Minutes
    Difficulty: World Class
    Game Speed: Slow

Sprint: 45/45
    Acceleration: 49/49
    Shot Error: 54/53
    Pass Error: 50/61
    Shot Speed 50/50
    Pass Speed: 53/53
    Injury Frequency: 70/66
    Injury Severity: 45/45
    GK Ability: 48/47
    Marking: 49/49
    Run Frequency: 50/50
    Line Height: 49/49
    Line Length: 52/52
    Line Width: 53/53
    Fullback Positioning: 51/51
    First Touch Control: 50/50
    Power Bar: 50

Literally setting it all up now so won't be able to let you know about any games until I've set up the scouting network and scoured the market, shifted dead weights, renewed contracts etc
    Will definitely keep you posted though
    How did you get on with those sliders?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    How did you get on with those sliders?
    Fantastic! Very challenging!

As for the career I've been playing it in: I'm currently undefeated in the league, and by undefeated I mean I've won every single league game.
    After 7 games I was 2nd in the league on goal difference, Wigan taking top spot, as they were storming the league.
    They now after 11 games(?) I believe, trail in second place by 5 points.

My game is brilliant at the minute, I can't stop winning, however it is usually by 1/2 goal cushions, my defence is so so leaky!
    I sold a lot of the driftwood at the club. Including Deouf, which I regret because I don't play with a CF, however could have used him in midfield or an extra option up front.

I had a problem with Ross McCormack wanting to leave the club so I bought a replacement striker (who is no way near as good, rated only 65) in Darren Mattocks from the MLS. He is so so SO fast and amazing in the air, so after McCormacks future was left in my hands by the board I was very fortunate to be able to deny him the move, piss him off for a few weeks and then pair him up with Mattocks! Tall and fast, then average and strong.

My final bit of business right at the end of the window included snagging Luke Shaw from saints, after I got offers for both Shaw and JWP accepted from Southampton. The only problem being, both offers were in excess of 4mil, and that was my remaining budget so I opted for Shaw over Ward-Prowse.
    Both of my fullbacks should be ok for the foreseeable future now; Sam Byram at RB is young and developing quickly, and now so is Shaw at LB.

When the career started Jimmy Kebe had already been signed on loan from Palace, and he's been absolutely unbelievable!

Won all three pre season games, and the first one was at AC Milan, which was quite a feat.

However the only blip in my career so far is my exit from the FA cup (might have been the league cup) after being beaten at home by Sunderland, my first team squad can't quite compete on the pitch with Premier League opposition yet, so we'll keep building and see how we do next season because I'm fairly sure I'll be hitting automatic promotion this season!

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Still on PS3, but didn't see a thread in that section. After 3 or so years at Seattle I decided to Google and found out you can search for jobs... so now at SK Sturm Graz in Austria. Came in with 13 games left in the season in 5th place and after two wins am now sitting in third with a chance to end in second. First game was a blowout and second game I tied it up with a long shot in the 88th and then put it away with a penalty in the 90th.

In the process of trying to sign an extension to my best players, but the first one I offered refused. I'm hoping after the season he'll decide to go for it, he was a key reason to pick this team (he was on the Slovenia national squad I was coaching).

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    ^nice.

I'm currently on my save with Arsenal + my player. Won the League Cup, FA Cup, and in the final for the Champions League. But can't quite close out the EPL (played about 35 games). I'm neck and neck with Chelsea. And I've dropped some games to West Ham, West Brom, and Man U - all of which if won or drew, I could've had a good lead at 1st place.

Everyone and their dog wants a raise. Lucky I've got a pretty good youth academy set up (my main spending this season were Aubemeyang from Dortmund for about 18mill and mainly some 5 star rated youth scouts). Already had Llorente (after selling Giroud) but he he's out for 3 months so it was a good buy in the end.

Meatsacks, Vermaelen, and Kos are getting old, and are in decline (all 3 aren't growing past 82 Ovr) so scouting heavily for CBs.

Thinking of creating an Italian club save where I bring back one of the Italian clubs back to CL glory.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    ^nice.

I'm currently on my save with Arsenal + my player. Won the League Cup, FA Cup, and in the final for the Champions League. But can't quite close out the EPL (played about 35 games). I'm neck and neck with Chelsea. And I've dropped some games to West Ham, West Brom, and Man U - all of which if won or drew, I could've had a good lead at 1st place.

Everyone and their dog wants a raise. Lucky I've got a pretty good youth academy set up (my main spending this season were Aubemeyang from Dortmund for about 18mill and mainly some 5 star rated youth scouts). Already had Llorente (after selling Giroud) but he he's out for 3 months so it was a good buy in the end.

Meatsacks, Vermaelen, and Kos are getting old, and are in decline (all 3 aren't growing past 82 Ovr) so scouting heavily for CBs.

Thinking of creating an Italian club save where I bring back one of the Italian clubs back to CL glory.
    Schar, Umtiti, Zouma - good CBs. France is a good area to scout for 'em, too.

17. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Superior Member

I've started as Stoke very good game about a year and a half in, my first season I finished 7th and won the f.a cup. Now I've just ended the second January transfer window 4th place and in the f.a cup and knockout stages of Europa league.

my starting 11 and subs:

begovic

wilkinson lascelles shawcross davies

Hughes nzonzi ward-prowse

bakkali Miyachi

Belfodil

Defoe
    Nolan
    mceachran
    rekik
    bellerin
    shea
    martial

feeling very good about this game

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    A whole lot of pace behind the Belfodil!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Pace is good.

Except at the backs, where I like to go for height and strength.

Superior Member

Agreed pace is very good think it's a very creative team too with tonnes of potential miyachi is surprisingly the star player right now finally living up to his potential of when he first joined arsenal and very cheap!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrobbins View Post
    Agreed pace is very good think it's a very creative team too with tonnes of potential miyachi is surprisingly the star player right now finally living up to his potential of when he first joined arsenal and very cheap!
    What are you paying him per week though? I remember when I was Burton Albion and tried to buy him, it stalled at the end cos he wanted 70K+ and I couldn't afford him!

Superior Member

What are you paying him per week though? I remember when I was Burton Albion and tried to buy him, it stalled at the end cos he wanted 70K+ and I couldn't afford him!
    When I last checked he was on 10k but wanting a wage rise to 45k 70k? Wow wouldn't have paid him that initially but now I wouldn't hesitate

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Thinking of starting a new career again as I haven't really done much in the way of a career since getting the ps4 version of the game.

Who do you think I should go? And any tips on who to buy at the start of the game?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Depends on what team you go for. But if you go for a bigger club - Sturridge or Sterling are usually good buys - fast and are quite decent in the finish.

PSN ID
    yakuzah
    Depends if you want a challenge or you just want a rich squad with loads of money? Give Palermo a go. In second tier of Italian football with a reasonable budget and some petty good players.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    yakuzah
    Also who you buy is team and budget dependant. I always but Anthony martial. He feels great at first and at later levels is a real beast

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Thread Information