Latest PSU headlines:

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: PS4 Issues

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    The Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    2,774 (0 Banked)

    PS4 Issues

    Ok for starters i did see the other thread about PS4 troubleshooting im sorry i didnt post in it. The reason i didn't post in it is because i wanted direct answers. I habe had 2 issues with my PS4 recently the first one is my game capture isnt capturing the last 15 mins somtimes like it should for example, Last night i was playing BF4 and there was 2 guys on the train and one right beside it i shot the guy beside it and pulled put my magnum and shot both of the guys on the train. Randomly a jet comes beside me and i steal it. I wanted to record it because i was like "What are the odds of that?" i hit the share button the screenshot for the thumbnail is correct but it captured footage for 30-45 mins ago. Is this somthing im doing wrong? Is it a bug in PS4 for BF4? also my 2nd issue is i was playing BF4 and i was playing with a few friends and all of a sudden my PS4 randomly shut off by itself. I turned it back on it booted up as if nothing had happend no message saying "your PS4 system did not shutdown properly" it just acted like everything was normal. It has'nt done this but that one time and that was a few days ago. Is this somthing to worry about? Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a bug in the software update? I do have a 2 year warranty should i send it back and have to wait weeks to get another?
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

  2. #2
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    842 (0 Banked)
    I can't comment on the capturing part but the 2nd issue with your PS4 restarting while playing BF4 is common. BF4, to be honest, is still a broken game and actually may have something to do with your issue #1. It's gotten much better but still has a lot of crashes and issues. I'd say 90% of my issues were just game crashes where it sends up a crash report and takes me back to the Home screen. The other 10%, it does what you described. BAM, power off. I wouldn't be too concerned unless it happens on a more stable game like NBA 2K, Assassins Creed, Knack, even COD is pretty stable for me. Pretty much anything but BF4.

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    The Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    2,774 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Domination23 View Post
    I can't comment on the capturing part but the 2nd issue with your PS4 restarting while playing BF4 is common. BF4, to be honest, is still a broken game and actually may have something to do with your issue #1. It's gotten much better but still has a lot of crashes and issues. I'd say 90% of my issues were just game crashes where it sends up a crash report and takes me back to the Home screen. The other 10%, it does what you described. BAM, power off. I wouldn't be too concerned unless it happens on a more stable game like NBA 2K, Assassins Creed, Knack, even COD is pretty stable for me. Pretty much anything but BF4.
    Lol Thanks for the reply I do agree because all BF4 does is crashes i remember before the BF4 update the game capture wouldn't record it with sound. And i think we all know how BF likes to have its sound glitches . But so far its only turned off that once so hopefully it wont cause permanent damage to my beautiful baby :P.
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

  4. #4
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    983
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    5,549 (0 Banked)
    You should try to replicate the first issue with another game if you have one, so you can determine if it's isolated to BF4 or if it's a problem with your console.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

    "Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

  5. #5
    Apprentice
    The Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    2,774 (0 Banked)
    i do have 2 other games Killzone and Ghosts ill do it on Killzone later since all Ghosts is full of is hackers :/
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

  6. #6
    Apprentice
    N0REGARD4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,146 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    Ok for starters i did see the other thread about PS4 troubleshooting im sorry i didnt post in it. The reason i didn't post in it is because i wanted direct answers. I habe had 2 issues with my PS4 recently the first one is my game capture isnt capturing the last 15 mins somtimes like it should for example, Last night i was playing BF4 and there was 2 guys on the train and one right beside it i shot the guy beside it and pulled put my magnum and shot both of the guys on the train. Randomly a jet comes beside me and i steal it. I wanted to record it because i was like "What are the odds of that?" i hit the share button the screenshot for the thumbnail is correct but it captured footage for 30-45 mins ago. Is this somthing im doing wrong? Is it a bug in PS4 for BF4? also my 2nd issue is i was playing BF4 and i was playing with a few friends and all of a sudden my PS4 randomly shut off by itself. I turned it back on it booted up as if nothing had happend no message saying "your PS4 system did not shutdown properly" it just acted like everything was normal. It has'nt done this but that one time and that was a few days ago. Is this somthing to worry about? Is this happening to anyone else? Is this a bug in the software update? I do have a 2 year warranty should i send it back and have to wait weeks to get another?
    I too have had the issue of my PS4 shutting down while playing Battlefield 4, and have read over on GAF that others have experienced this issue with BF4 and KZ. I got a replacement from Amazon but it looked like it had been opened so I kept my original console. I reseated the HDD, reinitialized, and reinstalled every game and patch, and so far so good. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but Playroom was updating at the time of my crash. Seems like right after I got the message that the update had finished downloading it powered off.
    Last edited by N0REGARD4LIFE; 01-01-2014 at 04:04.

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    The Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    2,774 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    I too have had the issue of my PS4 shutting down while playing Battlefield 4, and have read over on GAF that others have experienced this issue with BF4 and KZ. I got a replacement from Amazon but it looked like it had been opened so I kept my original console. I reseated the HDD, reinitialized, and reinstalled every game and patch, and so far so good. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but Playroom was updating at the time of my crash. Seems like right after I got the message that the update had finished downloading it powered off.
    Thank for the info My console has been running like a pro its only cut off that one time the only thing that happens is battlefield crashing but thats normal.
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

  8. #8
    Apprentice
    N0REGARD4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    1,146 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I did go to Lowe's today and purchased some rubber "feet" to elevate my PS4 slightly. I noticed it gets quite warm on the underside towards the vents, which it should, but I figured giving a little more clearance would be beneficial and I was right. I played for a few hours last night and the underside was noticeably cooler and the fan didn't really kick up a notch like it used to while playing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.