Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Are you saying that because Grand Theft Auto and The Elder Scrolls sell really well? Naughty Dog can develop a new IP that's open world with RPG elements but if they want Uncharted's success to continue they won't make any major changes like that.
    Actually when i said this i had Mass Effect in mind, not Massive open world like GTA or Pure RPG like Elder Scrolls. Just mix it a little with keeping the story driven core of the game.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't know about actual RPG elements, but something like upgradeable tools and gun sets might be interesting. A system akin to RE4 and RE5 would still keep things within the realm of the series' expected gameplay while adding some gameplay longevity and variety. The problem would be integrating the upgrade system into the game and story itself, or would they have it be a meta-level thing?

Regardless, I'd be fine with whatever they do just as long as the characters are still loveable and the gameplay awesome.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I don't know about actual RPG elements, but something like upgradeable tools and gun sets might be interesting. A system akin to RE4 and RE5 would still keep things within the realm of the series' expected gameplay while adding some gameplay longevity and variety. The problem would be integrating the upgrade system into the game and story itself, or would they have it be a meta-level thing?

Regardless, I'd be fine with whatever they do just as long as the characters are still loveable and the gameplay awesome.
    Have you played TLOU? That game has weapons AND character upgrades and its set so that you can't upgrade all your weapons in one playthrough. I couldn't even level my character all the way but I'm told its possible

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I'd love a sequel to TLOU on PS4. That would be a must buy.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Never say never I suppose, if people wanted it enough ND would probably oblige....
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    i need this to happen. so much!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    It would be a damn shame if it did go to PS4.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    It would be a damn shame if it did go to PS4.
    Why?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Have you played TLOU? That game has weapons AND character upgrades and its set so that you can't upgrade all your weapons in one playthrough. I couldn't even level my character all the way but I'm told its possible
    Yes, I have. But I admit it slipped my mind when writing my post. I enjoyed how it was handled in TLoU, so now I'm more confident in Naughty Dog adding something like what I said to Uncharted 4 and making it work.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

PSN ID
    Dullisten
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Uncharted needs major improvements if they want it's success to go on. They need to add more depth to gameplay like Open world, side missions, Some RPG Elements.
    I agree to a degree. It needs improvements but on the gaming mechanics, not changing the entire setting. The shooting on it isn't good but I get sucked in cos of the story, dialouges and "acting". It is like a awesome movie and that is the reason I have loved uncharted. It is about the only game I am not trying to skip the cutscenes or smiling smugly cos the dialouges are so generic.

but to get to the topic, I wish they port the game. I didn't have the chance of playing it on ps3 as it broke at the time of release. Maybe I will borrow the machine to play it but I doubt it. I don't like being on several consoles at the same time

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I would TOTALLY double dip on this. Not that it needs the next gen treatment, I consider TLOU gen 7.5, in much the same way MGS3 and ZoE2 were at the end of PS2's life. Still, that story, again, with better lighting, better physics, better textures, duck yeah!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I do think this porting business could easily be avoided if Sony and Microsoft had made their next-gen consoles backwards-compatible.
    First going to an x86 architecture was the right call, second it would be near on impossible to do this w/o basically building in a PS3 to be BC. There isn't sufficient enough processing power to emulator a Cell in real time on the Jaguar. So through that idea out the window.

That said, w/ Playstation Now (Gaikai) actually going to beta this month, there's even less of a reason (or at least incentive) for them to have a need to go and provide BC.

ND has stated multiple times that it has no plans on porting TLOU to PS4. I seriously doubt they will, assuming that Playstation Now is even half-way decent, which from reports it has been. I doubt I'll play for the Playstation Now, but it's there for those that do want access to large collections of games on previous generation of systems - and possibly content from this generation as the content becomes mature and unavailable on store shelves after a few years.

Thread Information