Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Naughty Dog on the possibility of TLOU on PS4

Seems Uncharted will be 2015 or late 2014 from the sound of it (which is fine by me). I'll double dip if TLOU comes to ps4 with sweet 1080p

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Be wonderful if it happened but I don't think it will, the only time you will see TLOU on PS4 is when it becomes backwards compatible on Gaikai!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'd be heavily inclined to buy The Last of Us and the Uncharted series on the PS4.

Knowing there's an upcoming Uncharted has me damn excited. Knowing what they could do on the PS3, I'm sure what they do on the PS4 will blow everyone away.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Think you could be right Duff but you never know!

At least a new Uncharted is confirmed to be in the works

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm excited for Uncharted 4 but would prefer a new IP over The Last of Us.

Honestly, if you want to play The Last of Us or any other PS3 game then pick up the console it was originally designed for. The Last of Us is not old and the PS3 isn't exactly hard to find.

I've played GTA V but I would rather see the resources and time spent by Rockstar developing PS4/Xbox One titles from the ground up. Same thing with Naughty Dog and other talented developers. New generation, new games and all that.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-30-2013 at 20:54.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Friendship is Carrots
    Buying an outdated system for one game isn't exactly practical; not unless you have money to burn. Personally I wish I could sell my PS3 and its games, buy a PS4, and still have Naughty Dog's titles available to me.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

7. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Superior Member
    As a member of the Master Race, I would buy a PS4 for TLOU.
    i7 4770 | 2x EVGA GTX 780 ti SC ACX SLI | 32GB
    i7 3770 | EVGA SC GTX 580 3GB​ | 16GB

9. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The Last of Us is supposed to get more single player DLC "Left Behind" so if a port ever happens, it not going to be anytime soon

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Buying an outdated system for one game isn't exactly practical; not unless you have money to burn. Personally I wish I could sell my PS3 and its games, buy a PS4, and still have Naughty Dog's titles available to me.
    I do think this porting business could easily be avoided if Sony and Microsoft had made their next-gen consoles backwards-compatible.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-30-2013 at 22:18.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Uncharted 4 is a definite. period.

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I do think this porting business could easily be avoided if Sony and Microsoft had made their next-gen consoles backwards-compatible.
    When you say backwards-compatible, you mean sticking a Xbox 360/PS3 into a Xbox One/PS4 so the price can go up another few hundred and the companies can start higher cost productions with possibly an even less amount of supplies for the demand?

Software wise, I'm sure you would have to wait another few years before a Xbox 360/PS3 emulator is even stable on PC architecture with those specs which is why instead of spending 5-10 years on emulators Sony rather take the streaming Gaikai shortcut.
    Last edited by Loui2; 12-30-2013 at 23:01.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Pretty sure the cost of making x86 consoles backward compatible would be ridiculously high.

Quote Originally Posted by Loui2 View Post
    When you say backwards-compatible, you mean sticking a Xbox 360/PS3 into a Xbox One/PS4 so the price can go up another few hundred and the companies can start higher cost productions with possibly an even less amount of supplies for the demand?

Software wise, I'm sure you would have to wait another few years before a Xbox 360/PS3 emulator is even stable on PC architecture with those specs.
    lol....beat me to it.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    So excited for what the future brings!

16. Likes DarkNemesis likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    I would not want a upgraded port. I would want it rebuilt using the new engine with added content and game play.

PSN ID
    BlueBlurX
    I'd prefer a new IP instead of Uncharted and TLOU. They ran their course, and they were great games. But I'm tired of third person shooters. Their last 6 games were shooters. Can't they do something different, like platforming, stealth, etc.?

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeLord View Post
    I'd prefer a new IP instead of Uncharted and TLOU. They ran their course, and they were great games. But I'm tired of third person shooters. Their last 6 games were shooters. Can't they do something different, like platforming, stealth, etc.?
    their last 6 games were all GOTY materials though...

PSN ID
    BlueBlurX
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    their last 6 games were all GOTY materials though...
    True, but it was more of the same honesty. I did enjoy the Jak games for platforming and gameplay. Uncharted's main strength was the story, same with TLOU. The gameplay is the same old cover based shooter. TLOU tries to mix this up, though. I just want a new IP from Naughty Dog that is something they haven't done before, preferably not another third person shooter. Uncharted is over, I don't understand why they need a new one, unless Sony made them do it.

21. Likes Abdou23 likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeLord View Post
    True, but it was more of the same honesty. I did enjoy the Jak games for platforming and gameplay. Uncharted's main strength was the story, same with TLOU. The gameplay is the same old cover based shooter. TLOU tries to mix this up, though. I just want a new IP from Naughty Dog that is something they haven't done before, preferably not another third person shooter. Uncharted is over, I don't understand why they need a new one, unless Sony made them do it.
    I absolutely can't wait for Uncharted 4. It's one of the reasons I bought a Ps4 over the Xbox 1. Love those games!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Assuming TLOU is going to be Gaikai, (which is very likely), is Gaikai going to be part of PS+, or extra? Do we know?

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Last rumour I read, cant recall where, was the possibility of a tiered PS+ - one of the tiers including Gaikai

EDIT:
    I recall where I heard it now. It was from that famousmortimer guy that has "sources" and $#@!. Was in one of his podcasts.
    http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/con...s#.Usi1crTNlmx

Though I remember before PS4 was announced there was rumours of a tiered PS+ then too. Maybe Gaikai will introduce it?

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

25. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Uncharted needs major improvements if they want it's success to go on. They need to add more depth to gameplay like Open world, side missions, Some RPG Elements.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Uncharted needs major improvements if they want it's success to go on. They need to add more depth to gameplay like Open world, side missions, Some RPG Elements.
    I don't like this way of 'game design' thinking at all. Open world, sidquests and RPG elements do not fit in every game and neither do they always make everything better

Story driven games get destroyed when they are shifted to an open world setting with 'side quests' as opposed to linear nature. Any distraction given to the player damages the tension and connection created through narrative. TLOU was far superior to uncharted since its gameplay had RPG elements and exploration. ND found a perfect balance. Open world and side quests are not something I think will work in that formula

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Last rumour I read, cant recall where, was the possibility of a tiered PS+ - one of the tiers including Gaikai

EDIT:
    I recall where I heard it now. It was from that famousmortimer guy that has "sources" and $#@!. Was in one of his podcasts.
    http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/con...s#.Usi1crTNlmx

Though I remember before PS4 was announced there was rumours of a tiered PS+ then too. Maybe Gaikai will introduce it?
    Seems completely plausible to me. PS+ is great as is, (I was happy to pay for Xbox Live, to me ~35 for a years worth of online gaming is fine), but Gaikai will most likely be a step too far to get it for the price of PS+ is now.... The thing is, Gaikai is something I'd likely just 'dip' into, so a yearly fee wouldn't be worth it for me. I'd much rather a PS4 remake version just for games I want... but that's not going to happen....

Hopefully Sony go all out and include Gaikai in PS+ price as an extra incentive, highly unlikely... but a man can dream though, a man can dream.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Are you saying that because Grand Theft Auto and The Elder Scrolls sell really well? Naughty Dog can develop a new IP that's open world with RPG elements but if they want Uncharted's success to continue they won't make any major changes like that.

30. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Are you saying that because Grand Theft Auto and The Elder Scrolls sell really well? Naughty Dog can develop a new IP that's open world with RPG elements but if they want Uncharted's success to continue they won't make any major changes like that.
    Close to how I see things. But Uncharted definitely needs some improvements about gaming mechanics. But it is naughty dog, I don't have any worries.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Thread Information