Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005

Who else has Minecraft PS3 Edition?

I have Minecraft PS3 edition and i must say i love it! What do you guys like about it? What do you guys think it lacks?(Besides PC items as this is understandable) In my personal opinion the only thing i think the game lacks is Infinite world i think the PS3 system should be able to handle it what do you guys think?
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    lacks in online ( or it's not working) and online modes
    mods

i think they didn't even try use all the ps3 power

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    lacks in online ( or it's not working) and online modes
    mods

i think they didn't even try use all the ps3 power
    I agree they are really lacking on using the PS3's power but the online is working even though we can only have 8 players per world -_- i hear PS4 isnt even going to have infinite world either even though it has 8GB of ram the PS4 has twice the ram my PC does and it handles it no problem honestly i think 4J studios is really slacking when it comes to using all the console's performance
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
    I agree they are really lacking on using the PS3's power but the online is working even though we can only have 8 players per world -_- i hear PS4 isnt even going to have infinite world either even though it has 8GB of ram the PS4 has twice the ram my PC does and it handles it no problem honestly i think 4J studios is really slacking when it comes to using all the console's performance
    that sucks if ps4 is like that

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    that sucks if ps4 is like that
    Mojang said PS4 will have "bigger worlds" so im assuming that it wont have infinite world. Honestly im very disappointed. If they are't going to use the full power of either console they should atleast add in cross-platform play

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's probably about world sizes. Minecraft worlds can become absolutely massive, sometimes even gigabytes large. That may play as a factor in the limited world sizes.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's probably about world sizes. Minecraft worlds can become absolutely massive, sometimes even gigabytes large. That may play as a factor in the limited world sizes.
    Well the PS4 is equipped with a 500 GB HDD which is what most PC's have today. Also, the PS4 HDD is upgradeable so i don't think there should be any excuse why there isn't infinite world. That's just my opinion though unless you're talking about the PS3 limited worlds

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    PS3 has an upgradable HDD, they're just being lazy with the console ports but considering how many people have bought it I doubt they care too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    I think they should just rip all the code from the PC version and convert it to the code the console runs the PC is javascript i think and i think console is cc+ or i might have it backwards xD

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I played minecraft on my pc and believe me even the pc version code sucks and is full of issues. So no wonder its awful on the xbox and playstation.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I played minecraft on my pc and believe me even the pc version code sucks and is full of issues. So no wonder its awful on the xbox and playstation.
    I never have had any problem with the pc version besides the new 1.7.4 update i keep getting a error "error streaming frame to twitch" for no reason and it keeps stopping my stream

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Sales have exceeded 1 million!! Nice numbers.

Unbound Mercenary
    Happy to see it going so well for minecraft on the PS3.

Wonder how many people are experiencing Minecraft for the first time through the PS3.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwes View Post

Wonder how many people are experiencing Minecraft for the first time through the PS3.
    My daughters wanted to get it on PS3 when they already have accounts on PC and they have it on the 360 lol.

Unbound Mercenary
    LOL, got a few minecraft addicts there F34R?

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation

I am. And it's so addicting. Way better than Little Big Planet, which was just too overwhelming for me. It's the simple design and look of Minecraft that makes me come back for more. And ever after I plat the game, I'll still come back to it, because I can create stuff with it in creative mode. Love it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    LOL, got a few minecraft addicts there F34R?
    Um, that's not even saying it enough. lol

They are extremely addicted to it. When they are on the VIP server the use, they will play for 13+ hours straight. I have to literally, make them go outside and do something, let them know it's time to eat, etc. They do a LOT of stuff on there.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

They are extremely addicted to it. When they are on the VIP server the use, they will play for 13+ hours straight. I have to literally, make them go outside and do something, let them know it's time to eat, etc. They do a LOT of stuff on there.
    I'd give anything to feel like them again. I remember being that passionate about gaming as a kid and even a couple of years ago. Now, it's like; I want new games, play them for the story, maybe a bit of MP if it has it, and then move on to the next. But if I don't have a new game to play, I don't even bother and I hardly re-visit, unless it's an awesome exceptional game that brings nostalgia back.

I really wish I could be that into gaming as your kids are. I remember the last time I played a game for long was Fallout 3, for 18 hours straight, up until 7 or 8 in the morning.

PSN ID
    Crucestech
    Looking for Minecraft players to play with. Add me PSN: Crucestech

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

My mom is the same way. I'm jealous of the awesome $#@! she builds though. She used to be a architect, so she builds amazing structures that span entire mountains. lol

Veteran

A few days ago I decided to get it for my son on my PS3 because he is constantly talking about it. After playing it myself for a couple of hours, I'm hooked. I honestly didn't expect to like it but it is really addicting.

I've read that the console version is a bit gimped compared to the PC version (as others have pointed out in this thread) but I still find the game fun on the PS3.

PSN ID
    RETRO_____BLAST
    I picked it up but didn't download it to my system, for some reason I have this feeling I will not like it at all ... I got it for the PS3 in my rental property thinking customers might like it considering its very popular on PC.
    I've been playing video games since the days of Pong and it looks like I'll be playin' 'em 'till the day I'm gone!

Veteran
    Anyone want to friend up for non PVP co-operative? Not my main account, but just an account I only used to get into the Japanese home, get Japanese demos, and now I'll use it for Minecraft.

mamochan1982

Again, I won't do PVP. No interest.

Thread Information