PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No they didn't according to mynd ahaha

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    then no ONE should be surprised by the figures.
    lol....I'm certainly no surprised. Why should I be?

also, let's not forget that there were far more PS4's available to buy.
    What? What are you basing that on?

edit: didn't European preorders of X1 include FIFA 14?
    Last edited by Christopher; 01-02-2014 at 13:37.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    I don't think SONY really needed to flood US and UK to gain traction this time round, they already had so much demand that it was probably for the best to have the whole world talking.

SONY: Demand > Supply
    Microsoft: Supply > Demand
    Last edited by mickice; 01-02-2014 at 14:10.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

4. Likes victorijapoosp , VayMasters86 likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Technically, your product is supply constrained when it is not meeting demand. That's about as apt a description of the PS4 as could be used.

Let's not forget, some of those countries ARE being put on the back-burner. For instance, it seems like retailers in Australia are taking orders for PS4s they don't expect to fulfill til February.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    then no ONE should be surprised by the figures. also, let's not forget that there were far more PS4's available to buy.
    lol Wut? Do you have a source for that?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    supply constrained? they had more consoles available at launch in the uk and US.
    Source? Because I've been hearing the opposite.

Forum Elder
    Considering the ps4 couldn't be found anywhere it's numbers are definitely sold to the consumer. The xbone was on store shelves everywhere so ms numbers are probably shipped.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Considering the ps4 couldn't be found anywhere it's numbers are definitely sold to the consumer. The xbone was on store shelves everywhere so ms numbers are probably shipped.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    PS4 sold out on Amazon UK. X1 available. Don't know where these supply theories are coming from.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

10. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    All I know is, once the NPD numbers come out, I might start calling it the PlanetStation4.

12. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style

UK sales numbers

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    No they didn't according to mynd ahaha

What the hell are you talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Wasn't there a forums member claiming that because ps4's are sold out all the time and xbone readily available that ms would come out on top? Funny guy, can't wait to see those Australian numbers.

Smash city

That would be your friend Mr Imagination, who isn't a very good reader and lives in his own world. No one said that at all.

Its like you are forgetting we already had this article:

The PlayStation 4 had the best launch week in the UK of any gaming system to date, and in the words of Chart Track it "eclipsed" the Xbox One's sales from the week before. There's no confirmed numbers, but we know the country's previous fastest-seller is the PSP, and it sold 185,000 units across its debut week in 2005. The long and short: The PS4 done good.

British industry site MCV put the PS4's opening week sales at 250,000, according to its retail sources. MCV also pinned the Xbox One's UK numbers at 150,000, but again that figure is unconfirmed.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/02/pl...in-uk-history/
    Last edited by mynd; 01-03-2014 at 21:36.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    "PS4 is the fastest selling console in the UK, on average per week"

Damn. I surprised nobody caught the sarcasm in my OG post.

:'(

Yeah PS4 is severely supply constrained. My little nephews have been crying themselves to sleep for the last 6 weeks because their dad didn't pre-order thinking he could just waltz in and buy one, They can't find them anywhere on store shelves, None of the 6 huge supermarkets and 10 other large electronics retailers within 10 mile radius have PS4 stock.

I've loaned my PS4 to them until its back in stock and they can buy their own.

Meanwhile all these stores have plenty of Xboners sitting idle.

Typical convo for me at Tesco goes like this,

ME: "hi, I was just wondering, are there any PS4s for sale? could you please do a stock check"

Tesco dogsbody: "Sorry, We don't have any PS4s, they're all gone. But you can get an Xbox, its the same"

ME: At this point i cant help but take the piss by asking "But its 80 extra. Why?"

***Tumbleweed***

Tesco Dogsbody: "but comes with a camera and you can watch 4od [i dont know why they keep mentioning it] aswell"

ME: "so i plug it in and i can get 4od?"

Tesco DB : "you need xbox live gold which is 40"

ME: "so i have to another pay 40 extra for something that is free on my phone, tablet and PC? It's going to cost 120 more?"

Tesco DB: "errr...."

ME: "It's fine, I think we'll wait till PS4 is back in stock, bye"

EDIT: BTW anyone else notice, Literally any good ps4 news gets quickly moved to the VS section? WTH is going on? New owners, new rules? Site is often plastered in Xbox ads. Good PS4 news gets moved/hidden as soon as possible? This has happened a number of times. Can't be a coincidence.

TURNING Adblock BACK ON.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 01-04-2014 at 01:44.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

15. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    supply constrained? they had more consoles available at launch in the uk and US.
    You sure about that? You sure the xbone just isn't in high of a demand? Xbones aren't hard to find in the US and UK. Ps4's are tho. That's where the "supply constrained" crazy theory comes from.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    You sure about that? You sure the xbone just isn't in high of a demand? Xbones aren't hard to find in the US and UK. Ps4's are tho. That's where the "supply constrained" crazy theory comes from.
    Sony moved more consoles in the first week, and they are rare as hens teeth= they had more to sell, or at the very least, sold all they had.
    The only place I know of where Sony short shipped was Aus, where it got outsold by Xbox because they sold there allocation and it wasn't enough.

Since launch, who knows. But it appears Sony has moved another 250k in UK.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-04-2014 at 02:26.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    aye, and lets pretend the extra cost of the Xbox did not have an effect.
    Yeah I don't think many have strayed away from that. Most said before launch that if it got outsold it would be mostly due price and Kinect. Don't know where you're coming up that everyone is ignoring it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

19. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Sony moved more consoles in the first week, and they are rare as hens teeth= they had more to sell, or at the very least, sold all they had.
    The only place I know of where Sony short shipped was Aus, where it got outsold by Xbox because they sold there allocation and it wasn't enough.

Since launch, who knows. But it appears Sony has moved another 250k in UK.
    PS4s are rare thus Sony had more consoles to sell than MS? Not following....

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    PS4s are rare thus Sony had more consoles to sell than MS? Not following....
    Basically, it's rare to find one. Sony sold more units based on the numbers, meaning they had more to sell.

22. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Basically, it's rare to find one. Sony sold more units based on the numbers, meaning they had more to sell.
    Are we just talking about on launch day? If both sold out and Sony sold more.....yeah, I get that. But after that I don't see how we can determine the number of consoles that have actually made it to the shelves based on rarity.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    But ms has even more to sell but they're not selling...out

Apprentice
    The thing is PS4's are rare, but also had more to sell than MS. To me there is a much greater demand for PS4's than for Xbox1. So even though Sony had manufactured more and had more to sell, the still can't keep up with demand. I think when npd numbers come back you will see that Sony sold probably a million or more than the competition.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Are we just talking about on launch day? If both sold out and Sony sold more.....yeah, I get that. But after that I don't see how we can determine the number of consoles that have actually made it to the shelves based on rarity.
    Oh i know. Was just explaining how I took what mynd said. I don't know anything really lol. I mean, I see Xbox One boxes once or twice a week, depending on which stores I'm in. I might see a PS4 once every two weeks.

Heck, I don't know. Microsoft is supplying enough to keep up with demand, or is the demand just not there? We'll see when some real numbers come out I guess. Same goes with PS4/Sony.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    EDIT: BTW anyone else notice, Literally any good ps4 news gets quickly moved to the VS section? WTH is going on? New owners, new rules? Site is often plastered in Xbox ads. Good PS4 news gets moved/hidden as soon as possible? This has happened a number of times. Can't be a coincidence.

TURNING Adblock BACK ON.
    i'd assume that if people (not saying you do) post good PS4 news and then feel inclined to then drag the Xbox into that thread only to gloat on it. then that becomes a V's thread/topic.

as your sig suggests..

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Exactly.

If we're sticking to just facts then the only thing we know for sure is that the ps4 is in higher demand than the xbone.

MS will be posting those xbone numbers on the 23rd of this month. It'll be interesting to see if they break it down region by region. If not then we'll know that the ps4 is handing the xbone its ass in the regions that matters the most. MS loved gloating about having the number 1 console spot in NPD figures.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post

TURNING Adblock BACK ON.
    Comparison of Xbox and PS4 numbers will get moved to VS. If you post just PS4 numbers then it will stay in the PS section. Same with Xbox numbers. This isn't hiding anything and it isn't a change in the rules.

lol at the conspiracy theories.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Exactly.

If we're sticking to just facts then the only thing we know for sure is that the ps4 is in higher demand than the xbone.

MS will be posting those xbone numbers on the 23rd of this month. It'll be interesting to see if they break it down region by region. If not then we'll know that the ps4 is handing the xbone its ass in the regions that matters the most. MS loved gloating about having the number 1 console spot in NPD figures.
    That isn't a fact. That's conjecture.

We need more data to support your statement.

Compare PS4 launch to PS3 launch.
    Compare XOne launch to 360 launch.

Which has a higher increase?

Compare the initial launch sales numbers to the next month to month sales. Also factoring in production time tables.

Exactly.

I doubt MS will release regional numbers. More likely it will be "MS has sold over X million units of Xbox One worldwide since launch".

Thread Information