Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    at this point i'll go with Sony's numbers because they are not supposed to lie. whether it's sold or shipped, they can't tell you the wrong number.

EDIT: actually, sold/shipped at this point doesn't matter as they won't be sitting out there for long anyway.

Ultimate Veteran
    All I know is, the original report that I broke was independent numbers. It's the same figures that Sony is using as I understand. Not to mention NeoGAF hasn't taken down the thread as well.

We're the only forum having a debate about this. Sorry Miss Jackson, ooooh, I am for real.

3. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Sorry Miss Jackson, ooooh, I am for real.
    thank you for bringing humor on the battlefield.

5. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    A hundred bucks matter

tapatalk post

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Those numbers are from an independent source. Let me find it again.

Start here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...onsole-in-2013
    The Xbox 360 was the UK's best-selling home console in 2013, figures shown to Eurogamer reveal.
    The data from UK numbers company Chart-Track indicates that Xbox 360 beat both next-gen consoles, but that 3DS - when you lump together all models in its hardware family - was top.
    2013 UK hardware chart

1. 3DS (including 2DS, XL) - up 4 per cent
    2. Xbox 360 - down 30.7 per cent
    3. PS4
    4. PS3 - down 31 per cent
    5. Xbox One
    6. Vita - down 41 per cent
    7. Wii U - up 41.5 per cent
    8. Wii - down 72 per cent

PlayStation 4 came third in 2013's console race, despite being released for the least amount of time.
    Xbox One could only manage fifth place, behind PlayStation 3.
    Individually, sales of the original 3DS plummeted 69.9 per cent, but this was counteracted by sales of the 3DS XL model (up 51 per cent) and the launch of 2DS.
    Counting all 3DS incarnations altogether, Nintendo's handheld was one of only two existing systems to show positive growth (combined sales were up four per cent on 2012's totals).
    The other console to show positive gains was Wii U - although this is more due to it only launching right at the end of 2012.
    Looking just at last year's figures, Wii U was out-performed even by PlayStation Vita, despite Sony's struggling handheld itself falling 41.5 per cent in sales compared to 2012.
    In total, 2013 hardware sales were up 5 per cent on 2012 (although 38 per cent in revenue) thanks to the launch of PS4 and Xbox One.
    The two next-gen consoles accounted for around a third of all hardware bought last year - even though they only launched in November.
    Last edited by F34R; 01-14-2014 at 21:16.

Forum Overseer
    well one of them is incorrect and i don't think Sony would claim without shipment.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    well one of them is incorrect and i don't think Sony would claim without shipment.
    Which one is incorrect?

Here is the page that pic came from earlier:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ed-kingdom-uk/

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Which one is incorrect?

Here is the page that pic came from earlier:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ed-kingdom-uk/
    makes it seem like it's a survey. are you saying that Sony is blatantly lying? have either of them ever lied about shipment before?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    makes it seem like it's a survey. are you saying that Sony is blatantly lying? have either of them ever lied about shipment before?
    I'm not saying anything. You wanted the numbers, there they are. Take it however you want. I quoted an article that was published on Monday, using Chart-Track as reference for the data. It's the numbers. What else do you want? Want me to call Kaz up?

The OP uses ERA, that used Chart-Track. Now this is the same data being referenced, just updated. So...

Forum Overseer
    you don't have to call up Kaz, Sony has already announced the numbers. i'm more inclined to believe numbers that have to be legally correct than one that we don't clearly know how obtained.
    I'm not saying anything. You wanted the numbers, there they are. Take it however you want. I quoted an article that was published on Monday, using Chart-Track as reference for the data. It's the numbers. What else do you want? Want me to call Kaz up?

The OP uses ERA, that used Chart-Track. Now this is the same data being referenced, just updated. So...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    So the chart-track numbers that are used in this thread, aren't legit? What numbers did Sony publish for the UK, 2013?

Forum Overseer
    So the chart-track numbers that are used in this thread, aren't legit? What numbers did Sony publish for the UK, 2013?
    i wouldn't normally care if they are legit or not, i would just believe them. but when there is an official source, it's pointless to go against it. i don't argue that MS hasn't shipped as many consoles as they claim. it's pointless to refute that claim.

if you say, well, i'm not even talking about Sony's numbers here or their claims: by claiming chart-track to be legitimate in this case, you are practically saying that Sony is incorrect.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    i wouldn't normally care if they are legit or not, i would just believe them. but when there is an official source, it's pointless to go against it. i don't argue that MS hasn't shipped as many consoles as they claim. it's pointless to refute that claim.

if you say, well, i'm not even talking about Sony's numbers here or their claims: by claiming chart-track to be legitimate in this case, you are practically saying that Sony is incorrect.
    Where are the Sony numbers for the UK? Post a link that shows that Sony says they sold more PS4's in 2013 than Microsoft sold 360's in the UK for 2013.

Forum Overseer
    Where are the Sony numbers for the UK? Post a link that shows that Sony says they sold more PS4's in 2013 than Microsoft sold 360's in the UK for 2013.
    obviously i don't have the numbers, just like i didn't have the chart either before you presented it. does that make it less accurate? is there precedence of lies from Sony or MS?

if you think sales numbers alone make it more legit then we might as well starting quoting VGChartz in here.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    obviously i don't have the numbers, just like i didn't have the chart either before you presented it. does that make it less accurate? is there precedence of lies from Sony or MS?

if you think sales numbers alone make it more legit then we might as well starting quoting VGChartz in here.
    wtf... Where the hell did you see Sony even say that they sold more PS4 units in the UK, 2013 compared to the Xbox 360?? I don't care what the numbers are. You're saying Sony said it. Where the hell did they say it?

I'm showing you numbers, up to date since Monday, that says the 360 was NOT beaten by the PS4 in the UK, for 2013. You say you're believing Sony numbers, but don't have a clue where that is?? How do you believe the numbers? smh

Forum Overseer
    my apologies F34R, i see what's going on. i thought the two sources were different. i was going by PSU's thread title, which is misleading.

http://www.psu.com/a022158/Sony-conf...est-selling-co

Sony never confirmed it i see. well, you should know by now I don't read articles, I'm not a reader lol.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    my apologies F34R, i see what's going on. i thought the two sources were different. i was going by PSU's thread title, which is misleading.

http://www.psu.com/a022158/Sony-conf...est-selling-co

Sony never confirmed it i see. well, you should know by now I don't read articles, I'm not a reader lol.
    Yeah, so, at this point, we're at PS4 topped the Xbox One. At least we can put this to bed now.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Those numbers are from an independent source. Let me find it again.

Start here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...onsole-in-2013
    Now I'm confused. Someone ain't telling the truth!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-w...n-2013/0126603

PlayStation 4 pipped Xbox to become the UK’s biggest home games console of 2013.Sony’s new machine sold over 530,000 consoles in just five weeks generating 181.4m, making it the fastest selling machine in UK history.
    “We are delighted with the very strong sales of PS4 to date,” said PlayStation UK MD Fergal Gara.
    “Since we unveiled the console, gamers have shown huge interest in the PS4. Our focus now is rebuilding stock levels so those have not been able to get a PS4 can finally experience the next-gen. I’d like to thank the gamers, our retail and publishing partners who played a big part in making this success possible.”
    However, although PS4 was a big revenue driver, it wasn’t the best-selling games device of 2013. That title belongs to the 3DS, which enjoyed strong sales thanks to a number of big releases and the launch of the 2DS.
    Numbers courtesy of the Entertainment Retailer's Assocation, using GfK Chart-Track data.
    I think F34R's info comes across as more reliable as it has more data. Weird that these guys are using the same source tho.
    Last edited by F34R; 01-15-2014 at 02:14.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    ~let's cool it with the little potshots, guys
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Now I'm confused. Someone ain't telling the truth!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-w...n-2013/0126603

I think F34R's info comes across as more reliable as it has more data. Weird that these guys are using the same source tho.
    You have to realize that the article you're using is accurate. It's saying they are the fastest selling console. Meaning it sold 530,000 faster than any other console in 2013. It's just the title was wrong. Change the title of that article to "PS4 fastest selling console of 2013, and it would be spot on.

I increased the size and put it in bold for ya. (in your post, sorry)

You have to realize that the article you're using is accurate. It's saying they are the fastest selling console. Meaning it sold 530,000 faster than any other console in 2013. It's just the title was wrong. Change the title of that article to "PS4 fastest selling console of 2013, and it would be spot on.

I increased the size and put it in bold for ya. (in your post, sorry)
    lol...no problem.

They can't say "best selling" and mean "fastest selling". Those two phrases mean two different things. And the article has been up for days and no correction. Just incompetent if that is the case. And this is the source of all this mess about what outsold what.....sheesh.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yep. I tried to tell erryone. lol (that isn't a typo lol) Now that the console that "HAD" outsold the "other", is reversed, this thread will die out lol.

26. Likes F34R likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Lol, that headstone says it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information