PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    LupeOneLeo

A Treasure in PSU!

I just spent an hour and a half scrolling through PSU's oldest articles. The earliest ones go back BEFORE the launch of the PS3. I saw where we covered the time when PS2 sold 5,000,000 units in the U.K. I saw where Xbox 360 was originally called Xbox 2. There was the battle of Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD. We covered the Cell processor quite a bit. We interviewed some great studios. We reviewed some great games.

And then there was this:

http://www.psu.com/a000516/DRM-or-no...s-the-question

Déjà vu, anyone?

Seriously. If you have time, go to the main page, scroll down under the last post, and click the last page. At this time, it's sitting at 986 pages. Click that 986 and take a walk back in time right here at PSU.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyNotGlenn View Post
    I just spent an hour and a half scrolling through PSU's oldest articles. The earliest ones go back BEFORE the launch of the PS3. I saw where we covered the time when PS2 sold 5,000,000 units in the U.K. I saw where Xbox 360 was originally called Xbox 2. There was the battle of Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD. We covered the Cell processor quite a bit. We interviewed some great studios. We reviewed some great games.

And then there was this:

http://www.psu.com/a000516/DRM-or-no...s-the-question

Déjà vu, anyone?

Seriously. If you have time, go to the main page, scroll down under the last post, and click the last page. At this time, it's sitting at 986 pages. Click that 986 and take a walk back in time right here at PSU.
    WOW! goodness. That's pretty interesting to say the least.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This one... brings some giggles out.

http://www.psu.com/a000065/Informa-p...xt-console-war
    According to a new report by the Informa Media Group Sony's PS3 will outsell Xbox 2 by roughly three to one. Informa Media Group believes Sony will sell more than 32 million PS3s in Europe by 2010, while Microsoft's Xbox 2 will trail with 10 million sales and Nintendo will be left behind both companies with just five million sales of the 'Cube's successor. According to Toby Scott, author of the 'European Games Consoles to 2010' report, Nintendo seems set to play to their strengths and emphasise game quality and innovation over processor horsepower. However Informa's vision of the future is only a prediction and as such we believe Microsoft certainly won't be giving up without a fight.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    ^^ rofl

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This one... brings some giggles out.

http://www.psu.com/a000065/Informa-p...xt-console-war
    Damn, that was written in 2003. I don't know why they even bothered predicting anything then.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I think I still have a PSM magazine dated in 2005 with PS3 and Xbox 360 on the cover, but the PS3 is the silver demo version and they also talk about the next Nintendo console when it was called Nintendo REVOLUTION. Oh man, I loved that name!

Thread Information