Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I know a group of people that use marijuana regularly, and hold real hard working jobs, making more money than I did in my job.

Nope. You're not alone.
    It depends on what you mean by good job, if its a repetitive job it doesnt require a genius in order to execute it properly.

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Oh sorry, then let all the drug addicts continue using drugs and do whatever they want with their health and body as well as with their mind. This statement is completely irrational and saying that, is like drugs are something that doesnt make you dependent and do not completely ruin your life.
    There's nothing irrational about it. The fact remains that private rights are important. If the Government states that you cannot consume a substance, then you have no control of your body or mind.

Your personal experience also doesn't matter. That's not what marijuana does, and even if it did, that's not a reason to throw people in jail for it and fine them. By having the substance (really, any substance) be legal you can offer help for that person instead of persecuting them on a social and legal level. Now that person's life quality has been improved.

It is simple reasoning. Only an apathetic or evil person would not support this.

Your lungs will be like $#@!ing roasted chicken and you will run out of breathe just by descending the stairs, your brain will be cooked and your muscles are gonna be so relaxed and so lazy that you wont have any decent physical strength.
    Absolutely none of that is remotely accurate. You can literally look up any one of those excuses and see studies disproving them. You're also overlooking the demonstrably beneficial uses of marijuana; muscle relaxer, pain reliever, stress reliever, and even its ability to stem the growth of cancerous cells. Even if it did do the things you said, it still doesn't support your argument, unless you're majorly in defense of a nanny state. I guess we better ban all unhealthy food, tobacco, alcohol, and force people to run at least a mile a day to keep them healthy?

I know several people who smoke marijuana and work hard. Plenty of important, hard-working, intelligent historical figures have too. The drug has been used by people for thousands of years without repercussion. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwes View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't give a flying $#@! about pot being legalized?
    It's a potentially big deal. Other states may follow suit, and afterwards hopefully other countries. People will have more freedom, and utilizing marijuana for medicinal and industrial purposes may become more accepted.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

3. Likes Mael Duin, Valefor likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's a potentially big deal. Other states may follow suit, and afterwards hopefully other countries. People will have more freedom, and utilizing marijuana for medicinal and industrial purposes may become more accepted.
    But realistically its just legal for people to smoke pot now...its not like they cured cancer or something incredible.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It depends on what you mean by good job, if its a repetitive job it doesnt require a genius in order to execute it properly.
    I said it's a hard working job. I don't know where "good job" is coming from.

But realistically its just legal for people to smoke pot now...its not like they cured cancer or something incredible.
    Smoke it baby!

Forum Sage

Good job America! +1 for common sense. Can't be too long before the UK follows suit, or so I hope.

I always love the feeling in Amsterdam of just walking down the road and popping into a coffee shop. I feel like a child in a sweet shop whenever I go to the Greenhouse. Favourite shop in the 'Dam

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Eatng it is more efficient I think. A while ago me and some friends baked some buns and we got hammered on just a small amount, of course it took a bit longer to take effect due to digestion and such but the after effects were far stronger and lasted longer.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I have been a smoker for quite a long time and I ain't stupid, neither is my job repetitve..that statement about not being able to climb stairs etc without being out of breath et is quite honestly totally $#@!in stupid. Talk about sweeping generalisations...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    I have been a smoker for quite a long time and I ain't stupid, neither is my job repetitve..that statement about not being able to climb stairs etc without being out of breath et is quite honestly totally $#@!in stupid. Talk about sweeping generalisations...

People that haven't smoked have no idea.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    People that haven't smoked have no idea.

Oh yeah really, then potheads must be $#@!ing geniuses.

Friendship is Carrots
    This is another fine example of how you cannot reason with the unreasonable.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Elder
    You would be shocked to find out the amount of doctors, lawyers, and such that smoke.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What about Hollywood actors and musicans that use it? Are you saying it doesnt require much intelligence to work in those industries? Youre just spouting uneducated stereotypes and misinformation left and right. Its like you watched reefer madness and believed it as gospel truth. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-02-2014 at 20:19.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I know its comedy but still rings true for most "pot heads" out there.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    You would be shocked to find out the amount of doctors, lawyers, and such that smoke.

You would be shocked to find out how many different doctor proficiencies there are. Tell any surgeon he could perform a hard surgery under the influence of weed, they will laugh at your idiocy.
    Last edited by Cybertox; 01-02-2014 at 20:28.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Am I the only one that doesn't give a flying $#@! about pot being legalized?
    No, youre not alone.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    What about Hollywood actors and musicans that use it? Are you saying it doesnt require much intelligence to work in those industries? Youre just spouting uneducated stereotypes and misinformation left and right. Its like you watched reefer madness and believed it as gospel truth. lol
    Miley Cyrus smokes weed, she is a $#@!ing great artist mistercrow, thanks for pointing out.

18. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Elder
    You would be shocked to find out how many different doctor proficiencies there are. Tell any surgeon he could perform a hard surgery under the influence of weed, they will laugh at your idiocy.
    The reason I don't post much in the Xbox section is because I don't own one so I can't speak of the experience.

You obviously never smoke so maybe you should do the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Eatng it is more efficient I think. A while ago me and some friends baked some buns and we got hammered on just a small amount, of course it took a bit longer to take effect due to digestion and such but the after effects were far stronger and lasted longer.
    Ain't that the truth. Me and my girlfriend made some brownies before Xmas with about just under a quarter of some very good quality Kush. She can normally hold her own when she smokes it but we ate them first thing in the morning and it wrote her off for the day. Never seen her giggle so much in my life! Gives you a nice body stoned feeling. Shame it costs so much to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post

Man, I never listen to what non-smokers who have read propaganda have to say. I've had crazy nights of smoking with a few friends where we can blast through a half ounce with only 3 of us and whilst I feel high as $#@! day to day tasks aren't any harder than normal. Just takes a while finding the effort to do them!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This is another fine example of how you cannot reason with the unreasonable.
    These are the same people that hold alcohol to a different standard even though alcohol is one of the worst drugs out there. Any seasoned smoker knows the bull$#@! they spout is just that

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Good job America! +1 for common sense. Can't be too long before the UK follows suit, or so I hope.

I always love the feeling in Amsterdam of just walking down the road and popping into a coffee shop. I feel like a child in a sweet shop whenever I go to the Greenhouse. Favourite shop in the 'Dam
    I think it will be a while for such a thing to happen in the UK. Our politicians seem to be anti-science when it comes to marijuana, and they abandon rationality when it comes to the War on Drugs. It has only been a few years since a government drugs advisor was sacked by Gordon Brown for recommending marijuana's reclassification from a class B to a class C drug.

Oh, and +1 for Amsterdam - such a liberating place.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Actually, Cybertox, I've met some stupid people, prior to them smoking pot. It all weighs down on the user. Don't hate the product, hate the person who doesn't know how to handle it.

I'll give you an example. Me. I've tried weed, and it was $#@!ing great. I'm also a fat $#@!ing piece of $#@! who's working on bettering himself through gym and healthier food. But, should I blame the companies who put chemicals, sweeteners and whatnot in those products, or myself for consuming them? Myself, always.

In your defence, the only thing that would worry me about a completely legalized world of put is stupid people using it that puts other people's lives in danger, especially if they decide to drive on the road after "smokin a phatty".

The only thing I hate about marijuana is the culture behind it. Not the "legalize weed" slacktavists, but the stoner pothead types that say $#@! like "420 all daii errrday!"

I can't stand that.

And I actually tried weed last year for the first time. It was strictly out of curiosity. It was a scary and an amazing experience. I did it again two more times. The last time, I did it alone and that was a much better experience than with other people. I did what I wanted and there are a lot of misconceptions about it.

You do not turn into a hippy, you will not suddenly be more open-minded and you will not be a lazy asshole.

It all comes down to the user. Is he/she $#@!ing stupid? Then maybe that person shouldn't be allowed to consume such substances, and that's includes alcohol too.

Yet, alcohol and tobacco are A-OK to sell to people, and they actually kill people!

Superior Member
    There was a book published around 1987 that I can't recall the name of. It's been so long since I read it that I'm trying to remember it's title. It's probably out of print now. But if I find out what it is, I'll give you the name.

It was a behind the scenes look at the videogame industry. More specifically the beginning of the industry in the 1970s. It talked about all these founders of these huge game companies and a lot of the programmers of big games back then. Very smart people.

And guess what? The book described in detail these huge drug parties the founders and programmers would have all the time. Even though a lot of these guys were competitors in the marketplace, they would check that at the door and meet up at these guy's houses. At these parties, it was a brotherhood of game makers. They would get drunk, smoke lots of weed and discuss programming techniques and tips with each other. Smoking weed was common in the industry back then. A lot of these programmers were counterculture types. Look at Steve Jobs. He smoked weed and did LSD for years in his early days as an adult. Look how he turned out.

They are proof that you can smoke weed and still program great games, have hugely successful careers and companies. I did a $#@!load of LSD and weed for years in my youth.....and I'm still smoking to this day. I've had a successful life and have done jobs that require lots of thought. Weed has yet to affect my life.

I used to be anti-drug as a kid..... until I tried it for myself. Then I realized it was all a bunch of bull$#@! and scare tactics forced on me in school and in the media.

Forum Sage

Colorado now weed is legal

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388749524.477865.jpg

Can't help but feel certain posters believe this picture

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I am not overreacting on the consequences I am just saying what really happens to you and to your health if you smoke weed, would that be short-term or long-term. Of course the consequences of short-term usage are not as severe as the long-term ones but they still impose a danger. Smoking weed generates a high which is achievable through natural activities as well like the after work-out high, the good feeling of having achieved something and the feeling you get after sexual intercourse or also when you are extremely exhausted and suddenly go to rest. They differ from one another and may not feel the same way however they all have the same purpose, when smoking weed however you do it by consuming a drug and so triggering those brain receptors responsible for triggering of those good feelings. I dont want to go into details but I just have to say that smoking weed and knowing the limits and its consequences as well as not over consuming it is not too bad and doesnt impose any major difficulties but that only happens with people who can control their usage of drugs and sadly not many people can do so. I havent consumed any weed throughout my entire life however that doesnt mean that I have no idea what weed is, maybe im not familiar with the feeling of that certain high but i know what a drug is and its not something that can be learned just by consumption. At last I do not approve the legalization of this drug due to my mentioned points in this thread and wont ever change my mind on something like this but as far as it is not legalized in Switzerland I guess I can live with it being legalized in other parts of the world.

Best things come last.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I am not overreacting on the consequences I am just saying what really happens to you and to your health if you smoke weed, would that be short-term or long-term. Of course the consequences of short-term usage are not as severe as the long-term ones but they still impose a danger. Smoking weed generates a high which is achievable through natural activities as well like the after work-out high, the good feeling of having achieved something and the feeling you get after sexual intercourse or also when you are extremely exhausted and suddenly go to rest. They differ from one another and may not feel the same way however they all have the same purpose, when smoking weed however you do it by consuming a drug and so triggering those brain receptors responsible for triggering of those good feelings. I dont want to go into details but I just have to say that smoking weed and knowing the limits and its consequences as well as not over consuming it is not too bad and doesnt impose any major difficulties but that only happens with people who can control their usage of drugs and sadly not many people can do so. I havent consumed any weed throughout my entire life however that doesnt mean that I have no idea what weed is, maybe im not familiar with the feeling of that certain high but i know what a drug is and its not something that can be learned just by consumption. At last I do not approve the legalization of this drug due to my mentioned points in this thread and wont ever change my mind on something like this but as far as it is not legalized in Switzerland I guess I can live with it being legalized in other parts of the world.

Best things come last.

Nothing you said was actually a bad thing that should advocate weed being illegal. What you posted actually supports weed. Excluding the "no weed" last part. lol

Thread Information