Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,874
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    21,277 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Sony has "done a nice job with PS4", says Xbox One's Phil Spencer

    http://www.oxm.co.uk/68799/sony-has-...-phil-spencer/

    As for PlayStation, Spencer is cheered by Sony's willingness to back developers like Quantic Dream, creator of the intriguing but rather oblique Heavy Rain. "Sony - and I'm focused on first-party because of what I do - I really respect their focus on investing in new things and creative things, what they've done with David Cage and Quantic Dream around Beyond [Two Souls] and Heavy Rain; they stay committed to franchises even if they don't sell 10 million units, they'll stay committed to things.




  2. #2
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    5,873 (0 Banked)
    That sounds like an underhanded compliment to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

    "Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

  3. #3
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    That sounds like an underhanded compliment to me.
    If you read the whole interview you'll see thats not the case at all.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,816
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,216 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    That sounds like an underhanded compliment to me.
    Nah it's true. Sony exclusives generally dont sell millions, but they get support.

  5. #5
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sony has done a nice job with the PS4. I should be featured in an article. "Sony has done a nice job with the PS4", says F34R.




  6. #6
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Nah it's true. Sony exclusives generally dont sell millions, but they get support.
    Thats what I love about Sony. Theres certain exclusives that I really enjoyed last gen that didnt sell big. Glad Sony still supported those IPs.

  7. #7
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,874
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    21,277 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats what I love about Sony. Theres certain exclusives that I really enjoyed last gen that didnt sell big. Glad Sony still supported those IPs.
    Agreed. Some of my favorites like Heavy Rain on the PS3 probably didn't sell like hot cake, but it was one the best gaming/interactive experiences ever IMO.




  8. #8
    Forum Guru
    KnotGamer901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NC
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,669
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    30,525 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Sony has done a nice job with the PS4. I should be featured in an article. "Sony has done a nice job with the PS4", says F34R.
    Aye but youre not important enough lol

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk



    Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

  9. #9
    Dedicated Member
    Gantz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Posts
    1,158
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    4,772 (2,400 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Agreed. Some of my favorites like Heavy Rain on the PS3 probably didn't sell like hot cake, but it was one the best gaming/interactive experiences ever IMO.
    Actually i think that did sell well, but sadly beyond didnt

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

    Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

  10. #10
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,874
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    21,277 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Actually i think that did sell well, but sadly beyond didnt

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I think Quantic Dream should release the PS4 version of Beyond. Would boost sale no doubt.




  11. #11
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,818
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    87,128 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats what I love about Sony. Theres certain exclusives that I really enjoyed last gen that didnt sell big. Glad Sony still supported those IPs.
    Yeah I love how much Sony sticks to franchises. They don't sell near as well as Xbox exclusives but it doesn't matter. It's all about support and Phil is 100% on there.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  12. #12
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,446
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    69,222 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah I love how much Sony sticks to franchises. They don't sell near as well as Xbox exclusives but it doesn't matter. It's all about support and Phil is 100% on there.
    Yeah, if 10 million sale games were all consoles were about then everything would be a clone of Mass Effect, Halo, and Gears of War. One of the things I love about Playstation games are the diverse offerings of retail games (although last gen still had way too many shooters, imo).
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  13. Likes Serinous , VayMasters86 likes this post
  14. #13
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    997
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    5,873 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah, if 10 million sale games were all consoles were about then everything would be a clone of Mass Effect, Halo, and Gears of War. One of the things I love about Playstation games are the diverse offerings of retail games (although last gen still had way too many shooters, imo).
    Same here. I prefer a variation of game styles and genres, instead of just carbon copies. I didn't read the article, I just assumed the given quote was just what to expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

    "Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

  15. #14
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,818
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    87,128 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah, if 10 million sale games were all consoles were about then everything would be a clone of Mass Effect, Halo, and Gears of War. One of the things I love about Playstation games are the diverse offerings of retail games (although last gen still had way too many shooters, imo).
    Yeah I feel the same way. There are a plethora of genres to choose from with the PS brand. MS usually have a bunch out action games. Not that, that is a bad thing but I like having many options when it comes to exclusives. To me MS seems to make blockbuster type of exclusives. They are massive titles that sell well and are usually great AAA titles. Sony has a bit different approach. Neither are wrong but I've always liked Sony's approach more.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  16. #15
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,874
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    21,277 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah, if 10 million sale games were all consoles were about then everything would be a clone of Mass Effect, Halo, and Gears of War. One of the things I love about Playstation games are the diverse offerings of retail games (although last gen still had way too many shooters, imo).
    Same. It will also get better because Sony is also emphasizing on indie games this time as well.




  17. #16
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    Aye but youre not important enough lol

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    They need a reverse snicker smiley lol.




  18. #17
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    I like that Sony support there consoles with 1st party games (although i don't like that many of them) while MS appear to give up on any games that fail to sell well and look mostly to multi-plats for console support.

    have they done "a nice job" with PS4 though? more than nice, they've done a brilliant job with the console. really looking forward to getting my own in march ish. think the thing looks terrible though.

  19. #18
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,446
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    69,222 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    I like that Sony support there consoles with 1st party games (although i don't like that many of them) while MS appear to give up on any games that fail to sell well and look mostly to multi-plats for console support.

    have they done "a nice job" with PS4 though? more than nice, they've done a brilliant job with the console. really looking forward to getting my own in march ish. think the thing looks terrible though.
    "Nice job" is about as good a compliment you can expect from the competition....lol. You think it looks terrible? Ok.....
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  20. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  21. #19
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    "Nice job" is about as good a compliment you can expect from the competition....lol. You think it looks terrible? Ok.....
    I think it looks pretty cool myself.

  22. #20
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    "Nice job" is about as good a compliment you can expect from the competition....lol. You think it looks terrible? Ok.....
    yes, i think it looks terrible. not even close to the luxury looks of my (still working) phat PS3.
    looks like a box that's been stood on. glad it will be sat in a cabinet behind smoked glass doors.

  23. #21
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,818
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    87,128 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah but the phat ps3 was the sexiest console if all time! I like the design of the PS4 personally. I didn't at the first reveal of it but I love the way out looks now. It's unique.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  24. #22
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,446
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    69,222 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    yes, i think it looks terrible. not even close to the luxury looks of my (still working) phat PS3.
    looks like a box that's been stood on. glad it will be sat in a cabinet behind smoked glass doors.
    Staring at my PS4 and trying to get that analogy.....um nope....but whatever.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  25. #23
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Staring at my PS4 and trying to get that analogy.....um nope....but whatever.
    Would be interesting to get his view on the X1 design.

  26. #24
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,744 (0 Banked)
    It looks like a stealth fighter jet.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  27. #25
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,446
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    69,222 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    It looks like a stealth fighter jet.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Now that I get!
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.