Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style

Avast! (Anti-virus software)

I was a long time AVG fan, but recently reinstalled windows, so was starting fresh.... so I thought it was time to check everything out again, instead of sticking to what were my favourites from a couple of years ago. And I must say, I tried avast a few years ago, and it didn't do it for me, but now, it seems much improved. Frankly it feels light - but still a proper antivirus program. It has a really nice clean interface, is simple and pretty unnoticeable (in a good way). It gives you a little notification tray pop up when it updates it's definitions, which isn't exactly intrusive, and is reassuring. I'm on chrome, and it also blocks tracking cookies (and I assume actual threats, but haven't come across any myself) in chrome (possibly other browsers too).

No I don't work for them, and am not going to get any money for this. I'm just really happy with my switch and thought it might be worth sharing. I'm by no means saying AVG doesn't work, or others, just thought I'd point some people in the direction of Avast! if they're looking for a free anti-virus programs.

Anyway, in conclusion, I'm trying to say Avast! has my official seal of approval.
    Last edited by darky89; 01-05-2014 at 02:57.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

I've been using avast for about 5 years now I think, I even upgraded to the paid version to support them. I was considering switching this year but the activity in their forum and support convinced me to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have tried the free ones in the pst to save me bit of money in the future, but none of them seem as good as Nod32 in my eyes. Used it since 2005.

My Nod32 sub should be up soon so I may check out the free ones once more.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-05-2014 at 03:57.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    My only issue with Avast is.. there support seems kind of shady.

Read someone with the same issue as me - cant upgrade to the newest program, else it just errors out - and they told the person they have to pay them to clean there PC. :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I've been using Avast for like 10 years, no issues on my computer virus-wise.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I also just stopped using AVG after 10 years of using them. I now just use the paid version of Ad-Aware which comes with malware and virus protection. I also have the paid version of System Mechanic Pro, which is absolutely amazing.

I tried Avast, but I was not too impressed.

Elite Sage

Used to use Avast. Since using Windows 8 I haven't needed to use a Anti Virus program. Windows Security Essentials seems to be good enough

Thread Information