Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    And then Outlast next month - PS+ is all to a half-decent start!

The fact that there's a 3% chance of finding gears in a graveside irks me, I want to make that Accomploshrine. :/

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    It's actually not a bad start, you guys will enjoy binding of isaac too and I don't know what secret ponchos is about, and of course Drive club, then f2p deep down almost feels like we're getting free quality games like PC gamers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4
    ID:XxRichie98xX

"Play life,with 100% save!"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hope you guys like the new thread title.
    Be Together - Not the same.

What does the Accomploshrine do? Is it only for thr trophy? Or is it actually useful?

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    I wanna know that too

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo.T. View Post
    What does the Accomploshrine do? Is it only for thr trophy? Or is it actually useful?

Sent from my ME371MG using Tapatalk
    Just a couple of trophies. Nothing else.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    PSN: j_rocca42

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie98 View Post
    Ok..... Just ok Mr. Game critics guy... I didn't even say anything bad about you, you're just.... Nvm

Sorry to disappoint you but I am no such thing, I ain't no Mr. Game Critic. But still I guess we both are just...

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    so... failed adventure door about 8 times now... $#@!ing christ, if you dont find the parts in time on the first part you get screwed by winter...

at least it did for me... winter came in 6 days... wtf.

best strategy for clearing chess area in the door... wait for frog rain... they kill each other!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    That $#@!ing deerclops dude! Smashed some of my stuff. Had him follow me to a treeguard I had saved wicked helped out a ton

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    PSN: j_rocca42

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    I haven't found the door yet, I guess we gotta keep looking

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    so... failed adventure door about 8 times now... $#@!ing christ, if you dont find the parts in time on the first part you get screwed by winter...

at least it did for me... winter came in 6 days... wtf.

best strategy for clearing chess area in the door... wait for frog rain... they kill each other!
    Everytime i've gone through it was already winter from the get go, grrrrr, might have to use the robot.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I've built a science machine close to one of the "roads" with the coast to my east, hoping for this to be my base. Not sure if wise. Will find out.

I always try to build my base near the rabbits and if possible, near pigs or beefalos. You get meat from rabbits and you can lead hounds to pigs/beefalos, so they can kill them.
    Yesterday I was running away from a treeguard and ran into a queenspider! And ended up been chased by both of them That was epic!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    I can't find the big door

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Talking about luck. I'm out collecting stones far away from camp, it's almost night and I suddenly realise I have no grass to start a fire!

I run like hell towards camp, It gets dark before I get there, I find a firefly spot, then an other. I spent all night running back and forth, with staring eyes looking at me. lol

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    Lol now that's luck

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4

Veteran
    These indie games are old-school hard. Got up to 22 days, and parked outside Maxwell's door. Couldn't complete any of the next levels and came back one time to find the Hounds right outside the door. When you die there, your save goes back to day 1-1.

So, looking at the save system, it seems possible to set up some kind of recovery system. At least the quit and save does save your position and possessions intact at that point, not back at a check point. So, it seems possible to play on one save, quit out, then play on another save up to the same point, at least there will be one save to fall back on.

There are some areas that a campfire can't be set. My method is to hop along the shore line to see the boundaries of the map. So far, almost no important sites are located along the water and all are in the deep interior. I watch the clock and as it gets dark, keep exploring but with my campfire selected but not set. This way, you can see what areas the campfire can't be set or like the grass area, will set the whole area on fire.

Cooked berries and carrots will add to the heart health as well as the food health. Flowers have to be picked constantly to keep the brain from shriveling. Eating flowers will restore heart health, just not as much as cooked food. The pigs really like cooked monster meat, so that's a good way to direct them. Agitating spiders near tentacles is a good way to get the tentacle jaw weapon, that is much stronger than the axe. Spider glands are worth getting, they are really good for heart health. This game is a survival survival game, and probably qualifies as a survival horror game, too, lol.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Made it to chapter 3 in Adventure Door... I cried... then saved. My Chapter 3 started in Winter... i have no winter stuff except earmuff blueprints... man... also, youre only able to carry 4 items over each chapter... and you CANT carry over Chester... DAMN IT!

If you are JUST starting the Adventure Door and it starts you in Winter, dont be afraid to suicide. Dying in the door just brings you back to the main sandbox mode (the mode you start the game in anyways.) you can die as much as you want that first time in to reset the first Adventure Door World... once you found the one you like however... you CANT DIE. (unless you find shrines) since dying resets adventure mode completely...

For example: You find the door, go in, and it starts off in Winter Time... You can Die, Go back in and It will randomize again. Once you find a good one, you go trough the level and enter Chapter 2. If you Die Here... you start all the way back at chapter 1... so you only have power over the first chapters season... the rest is up to skill.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    HAven't been able to play this game the past day - but hasn't stopped me from reading up on it.

I'm still trying to explore mine (on Day 1- or something) and trying to come up with things for winter (always checking the Science machine for stuff I might need).

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    These indie games are old-school hard. Got up to 22 days, and parked outside Maxwell's door. Couldn't complete any of the next levels and came back one time to find the Hounds right outside the door. When you die there, your save goes back to day 1-1.

So, looking at the save system, it seems possible to set up some kind of recovery system. At least the quit and save does save your position and possessions intact at that point, not back at a check point. So, it seems possible to play on one save, quit out, then play on another save up to the same point, at least there will be one save to fall back on.

There are some areas that a campfire can't be set. My method is to hop along the shore line to see the boundaries of the map. So far, almost no important sites are located along the water and all are in the deep interior. I watch the clock and as it gets dark, keep exploring but with my campfire selected but not set. This way, you can see what areas the campfire can't be set or like the grass area, will set the whole area on fire.

Cooked berries and carrots will add to the heart health as well as the food health. Flowers have to be picked constantly to keep the brain from shriveling. Eating flowers will restore heart health, just not as much as cooked food. The pigs really like cooked monster meat, so that's a good way to direct them. Agitating spiders near tentacles is a good way to get the tentacle jaw weapon, that is much stronger than the axe. Spider glands are worth getting, they are really good for heart health. This game is a survival survival game, and probably qualifies as a survival horror game, too, lol.
    eating flowers is not advised imo. rather make a garland out it (flower hat). It regenerates sanity (brain health) when worn. Flowers are valuable for honey so I'm reluctant to eat them. A good way to gain sanity is candy aswell. Just put 4 honey in a crockpot.

Jerky has the best health to ease/cost ratio iirc. Anything with honey is good for health Honey ham is top tier food in the game

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post

If you enable the save stone (forget the real name of it) which gives you another life when you die, once you do die you can come back bursting out of the stone, then immediately quit out (close the application through the playstation button) of the game and reopen the game again, your save will remain intact as it does not save immediately after that death and put you back to wherever you had last saved.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    I had my prejudices before release; unfortunately I cannot for the life of me get into this game I can understand why people enjoy it before anyone blasts me for sleighing a game they may enjoy
    Personally though this game just isn't working for me.
    For the record on topic I managed 2 days haha, and that's after a million attempts.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    It's not that easy I managed 15

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    And then Outlast next month - PS+ is all to a half-decent start!

The fact that there's a 3% chance of finding gears in a graveside irks me, I want to make that Accomploshrine. :/
    Oddly enough the first grave I dug in my new world gave me gears. I didn't even know you could gears that way. I always beat maxwell's 'guardian things' for them

Veteran
    This game is procedurally generated so one save slot is going to have a totally different map and survival/death items in different locations than the other save slot. However, the map size, features, different types of individual items will have some similar location areas. The beginning map has multiple terrains, grassy plain, mud swamp, rock/clay desert, so on. The continual fight to keep from losing your sanity about says it all. Has anybody gone into the options and started clicking to see what there is besides Default? It turns out the game start Default map is Small. There is a setting for Giant. That is insane.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Thread Information