Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 9
    PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo.T. View Post
    Did you attack the penguins? I've never been in trouble with them, they're always just hanging out and protecting their eggs.
    They will get aggressive during the last days of winter though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    PSN: j_rocca42

Quote Originally Posted by atrin1 View Post
    damn you winter!!! i had 2 science machines, 4 farms, about 8 rabbit traps near by and lots of carrots and berries. my camp was setup by water and as i was sitting in the winter, $#@!ing penguins come out of the water and kill me!! uggghhhhh!!

my rant for the day
    Did you attack the penguins? I've never been in trouble with them, they're always just hanging out and protecting their eggs.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    Quote Originally Posted by Timo.T. View Post
    I did :-/
    my camp was setup by the water and they just jumped out and landed right by me. my initial reaction was to swing with my spear, and i believe i struck one of them, and before you know it, i was jumped by a flock of penguins. lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by atrin1 View Post
    I did :-/
    my camp was setup by the water and they just jumped out and landed right by me. my initial reaction was to swing with my spear, and i believe i struck one of them, and before you know it, i was jumped by a flock of penguins. lol
    The modern gamer - curbed by violence and FPS.

I did the same thing with a beehive as soon as I was able to build my first axe...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    The modern gamer - curbed by violence and FPS.

I did the same thing with a beehive as soon as I was able to build my first axe...
    hahaha, after playing and finishing Killzone Shadowfall before starting Don't Starve, i attack everything that jumps out at me

Apprentice

I wasn´t sure about attacking the penguins but then I seen them gang up on a Beefolo creature. It actually worked out pretty good for me since I was able to pick up some Beefallo wool and make my 1st winter hat. I had been getting by with just the rabbit earmuffs and a heat stone.Now armed with mighty razor.
    Any advice for those fire hounds? I was battling them in my camp and the whole place went up in fire. I got distracted by everything going up in flames and they killed me.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aries300 View Post
    I wasn´t sure about attacking the penguins but then I seen them gang up on a Beefolo creature. It actually worked out pretty good for me since I was able to pick up some Beefallo wool and make my 1st winter hat. I had been getting by with just the rabbit earmuffs and a heat stone.Now armed with mighty razor.
    Any advice for those fire hounds? I was battling them in my camp and the whole place went up in fire. I got distracted by everything going up in flames and they killed me.
    With the hounds I typically draw them to the nearest buffalo herd and wait for them to fight each other.

Another good idea is to place tooth traps around the perimeter of your base. Hopefully your base isn't too far from some buffalo or a pig village. Pigs will handle the hounds very easily for you.

8. Likes aries300 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    May I suggest drawing them to the nearest tentacle monsters (that didn't sit quite right in my head, lol)

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    Just got killed around day 150 by some giant works while spelunking! Had no chance!!!

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    Quote Originally Posted by j_rocca42 View Post
    Just got killed around day 150 by some giant works while spelunking! Had no chance!!!

*worms

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    Quote Originally Posted by j_rocca42 View Post

damn! day 150?! my highest was day 30 in the first winter!

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    I've seen guys streaming on "live from PlayStation" that are at almost 600 days!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    You have to be very meticulous to survive in this game. The two main reasons I die in this game: being too greedy or being panic stricken (point in case returning from a long spelunking underground and finding a giant spider by the entrance with me holding my last torch).

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Veteran
    This game is so brutal. I figured I was playing it over and over anyway, so now I have two saves at the Maxwell gate, all kinds of things scattered around, including bee bombs in case of a surprise hound attack. Both saves are at the beginning of the day, with full stomach, heart and brain. If you die on the next set of quests through the Maxwell gate, you just come back to the Maxwell gate. Also, if you are about to die, then hit the PS button really fast before dying, which starts the autosave, it appears you get kicked out to PDM but the game is actually in pause. Just tap the PS button and you will be at this pause screen which has a quit and save. This can get you back to a previous autosave point of that level beyond the Maxwell gate, not all the way back. Penguin eggs can be stolen when they are on the ice pond, and they won't chase you if you do it quick. The eggs don't give a lot of health, even the turkey doesn't give that much health back, especially after chasing it for awhile. I am stuck by the obelisks now and it probably takes making a machine to get by those. Probably going to stop playing this with all the games nearing release. Crazy how far some guys are getting, they are true survivalists.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Superior Member
    Yeah I saw a stream of a guy at day 606 or something. He got bored and made a new character and changed the settings to "Lights Out" which generates a world where it is only night, and last time I watched his stream he was around day 130.

Thread Information