Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool

My 2 dualshock 4s have same fault in left analog

Noticed yesterday the rubber on the right hand side of left analog stick has a 1cm split in it, and then today I looked at my other controller and it has the same thing! Very poor quality materials much be used here if it only lasts a month. I can feel the rubber give way now each time im play now and its very off putting. I have ordered a set of thumb grips

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but i shouldnt have to surely? Anyone else had problems with the rubber on there controllers? Im guessing if both of mine have same fault any new controller I get will eventually develop this, on ps3 the l3 buttons always failed after 3-6months but 1 month is a bit of a joke really. Ive emailed playstation support see what they say about it.

ds4 fault.jpg

IMG-20140107-00163.jpg
    Attached Images

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Turkey users also reported this same problem alot lately, there is some kind of a rage in here. I wonder how sony will handle this. If this is a general problem than that is a big shame.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

PSN ID
    croatoa
    There is already a thread for this issue man- you really should check out the forums before posting things like this- that said you are not the only one- it's better to gather a tally of how many people are having this problem and it's easier to do so if all the people post their issues in the same thread

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Simple solution... ps3 thumb sticks.

5. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    I have ordered some like i said above, point is i shouldnt have too, i am disappointed the ds4s are improperly manufactured and advise everyone who hasnt go out and buy thump grips/sticks. its only a matter of time before this happens to you as well. 2.99 i paid on amazon.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Yeah mine are wearing fast too, I haven't played much PS4 honestly, as I only have Killzone and COD. Little things like this really get to my OCD as well.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Me too lol, everytime I feel it its like it gets bigger. Roll on 2moro when grips come. Hopefully there well made.

Elite Guru
    Let me know how they go, I might have to buy some.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Man, mine still look and feel like new?
    I don't know if some are different than others, but I think it's just different peoples play styles are more aggressive and these new sticks cant handle abuse like the PS3's could.
    If it does happen to me Im gonna replace them with some PS3 sticks, because those were made SO well, that from 5 plus years of daily use and they are STILL brand new feeling...well just about new.nothing m
    I hear they don't just fit since there smaller now, but nothing my dremel can't fix.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I don't know if some are different than others, but I think it's just different peoples play styles are more aggressive and these new sticks cant handle abuse like the PS3's could.
    If it does happen to me Im gonna replace them with some PS3 sticks, because those were made SO well, that from 5 plus years of daily use and they are STILL brand new feeling...well just about new.nothing m
    I hear they don't just fit since there smaller now, but nothing my dremel can't fix.
    I'm very soft handed when playing. I don't apply lots of pressure, I'm not one of those heavy handed folk and mine are wearing. So I don't think its solely that.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Maybe you guys should use lotion or something? I've played the living hell out of mine and my sticks still look new. I must have smooth, $#@! hands.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    Let me know how they go, I might have to buy some.
    Thumb grips came today, they are awesome. Def recommend people to get them and for 2.99 on amazon they at least would protect this from happening. I actually find you get more grip though as well so there def worth getting. Controllers feel like new again, happy days.

14. Likes EHY893 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post
    Thumb grips came today, they are awesome. Def recommend people to get them and for 2.99 on amazon they at least would protect this from happening. I actually find you get more grip though as well so there def worth getting. Controllers feel like new again, happy days.
    Nice mini review. I'll look in to buying a couple sets.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Well some people are experiencing it, and others so far are not. I agree it's an issue and Sony should figure out what's going on and correct it.

It could be a manufacturing issue, and they're getting contamination on the sticks before the grip layer is applied. This looks like it would be a simple spray on application, but if there's some oil such as from ones fingers from placing the sticks in a holder for application, then it would not fully adhere where the oil is, making it easily strechable and rippable.

I've got a lot of time in on my DS4, w/o issues. I'd estimate over 200hrs of play, w/ no signs of this.

It's definitely worth contacting Sony about, if you haven't already.

BTW, there is a large thread on the issue already http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...-Stick-Problem

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    also, eating and playing, the grease from food or even little residue from salt or spices will wear that coating on any controller right down to nothing. I do think there may be a slight problem here but nothing that Sony can't fix. Overtime controllers will wear out but depending on how these sticks hold up to the PS3 can surely be tested.

Thread Information