Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7

Thread: Playstation Now

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by aries300 View Post
    Hmm, just did a couple of PINGTESTs and I got 102ms and 105ms.
    I see people talking about 15-30ms for it to work good so I guess i wont be able to enjoy this service. Im supposed to have more than a 5mb connection though
    Switch up servers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ^what he said. also try multiple tests from different places. it's easy to get 100ms ping when you may have a better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by aries300 View Post
    Hmm, just did a couple of PINGTESTs and I got 102ms and 105ms.
    I see people talking about 15-30ms for it to work good so I guess i wont be able to enjoy this service. Im supposed to have more than a 5mb connection though
    are you on a wireless connection?
    Last edited by Omar; 01-10-2014 at 22:05.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    So can ayone explain the download requirements?

Like I have 18Mbps download so what does that translate to? When I download stuff off Steam, my download speed is only around 2.5MB/s.

If that isn't enough then, godam....that exciting thing ended for me pretty quickly.
    Divide your 18Mbps by 8 and you get close to 2.5Mega Bytes per second.
    Why do we divide by 8? Simple. There are 8 bits in 1 Byte.
    Basically its how to convert Megabits to MegaBytes

Steam and your web browser Uses Mega Bytes per second not Mega bits per second.

ITs dumb that ISPs measure in Megabits when we measure how large files are in Mega Bytes. A similar issue exists here in the UK, we measure how efficient cars are in miles per gallon but we buy fuel by the litre and our cars fuel tanks are measure in litres.
    Dumb.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-10-2014 at 22:50.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Steam and your web browser Uses Mega Bytes per second not Mega bits per second.
    it's like that because internet started slow. they can't say, "Get a whopping 0.056MB/s speed today! That is FAST DIAL-UP!"

you're only going to measure by something that is easily measurable.

as for gallons, i guess that is because that's how the oil is sold...not sure why else.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    TI would be less than that don't forget to divide by 8. 56k is max 7KB/sec.

US gallons are different than British gallons.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Switch up servers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Not much to choose from in my area and they get you with 2 yr contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    ^what he said. also try multiple tests from different places. it's easy to get 100ms ping when you may have a better one.
    are you on a wireless connection?
    Nope thats wired.
    Im supposed to have a 20Mbps. I just did another speed test from a different place
    9.28 Mbps and the ping is even worse at 114ms.

Oh well I still have my ps2 and ps3. I am thinking about getting a Vita which is why Im interested in PlayStation Now
    Last edited by aries300; 01-10-2014 at 23:39.

Veteran
    Sony has a PS1 software emulator, a PS2 software emulator and there is probably some kind of PS3 software emulator. The problem is if it ran on the PS4, they would be able to sell one copy of the software and that would be it. There are so many used PS1 and PS2 disks around, nobody would pay for a DDL version that runs under a software emulator. PS Now is just another option, opt in if you want, opt out if you don't, it's not going to affect your PS4 game play. Current gen Sony is all about choice and trying to get some decent money back from the game business.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Emulation should be run on a massive server rig tho.
    PS1 and PSP emulation would be rather simple, but you can't suggest the PS4 could run it all on site.

So for top quality 1080p what kinda video size can we expect?
    Last edited by mickice; 01-11-2014 at 04:43.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I think the best thing to do is just wait and see. i'm excited to see a service like this get off the ground , but remember what we've seen so far at CES was only a demo. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some local servers there running this stuff.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I have faith it will work fine. I use to play some Gaikai demos (tera mostly) and they worked surprisingly well, there was a few issues from time to time but I'm sure that was more my internet then anything.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member

I was thinking the same thing. The graphics aren't going to be as good as the actual physical disc as well. It's not the same as a re-release upgrade to the next platform.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    I bought a PS3 to play PS3 games I do not want to pay for a PS3 game on a PS4.
    And when your PS3 dies before you get through your pile of shame, or you're dying to play {insert favorite PS3 tile here} you'll be biching about that down the line.....

We've already sliced each other heads off multiple time in the past over ....eh hm, such issues, so I'll leave you with this; Stop being so damn short sighted. These consoles don't last forever. Unfortunately this is how we'er gonna spearhead the issue of legacy game (for now) and pretending there is no demand nor interest in older games is blatant ignorance.

14. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    And when your PS3 dies before you get through your pile of shame, or you're dying to play {insert favorite PS3 tile here} you'll be biching about that down the line.....

We've already sliced each other heads off multiple time in the past over ....eh hm, such issues, so I'll leave you with this; Stop being so damn short sighted. These consoles don't last forever. Unfortunately this is how we'er gonna spearhead the issue of legacy game (for now) and pretending there is no demand nor interest in older games is blatant ignorance.
    Amen. I never understood why people want to limit their consoles options. It's not like when they focus solely on the games we get super beast mode content. (See BF4, NBA 2K14, Madden and more for reference)

$Greatness$ Awaits

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    I bought a PS3 to play PS3 games I do not want to pay for a PS3 game on a PS4.
    On the contrary, I'm hunting down a PS2 right now( my launch model not reading all discs)
    And I have my PS3 hooked up right next to my PS4 and I played FFVIII (PSX) for 5 hours last night, I preferably like my PS4 to be able to do those things not have multiple consoles to do so, afterall its a PlayStation.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler

Banned

It's nice to have the option, but I won't be using it. Too many games to play now to be worrying about games from the past.

Elite Member
    Is this a comfirmation that this will come with PS+
    I need to know some answers.Are we still getting ps1 classic and ps2 classic games to buy through psn or is it now going to be this service and we have to just rent it?Will this conflict with ps+ since we get full ps3 games for free and get great sales on them as well as ps1 classics and ps2 classics.Now with this coming are you guys going to be more hesitent about what to release?
    + Matthew Harper on January 7th, 2014 at 11:08 am said:
    Hey Souledge94,
    PS Now will offer PS3 games now but we are considering measures to offer other content in the future (such as PS1, PS2, and PS4 games).
    As a Plus member you can look forward to plenty of more great games as part of your Instant Game Collection. We’re fully committed to continuing to provide our Plus members with the tons of value.
    With PS Now, gamers will simply have more options to access great PlayStation content than ever before possible. I’m betting you will love the service.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...g-this-summer/
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We dont want to do a PS3 game," or "Its really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    Is this a comfirmation that this will come with PS+

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...g-this-summer/
    Not really. PS+ and PSNow will probably be offered separately.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Not really. PS+ and PSNow will probably be offered separately.
    But the responsive is
    As a Plus member you can look forward to plenty of more great games as part of your Instant Game Collection. We’re fully committed to continuing to provide our Plus members with the tons of value.
    and then he says
    With PS Now, gamers will simply have more options to access great PlayStation content than ever before possible. I’m betting you will love the service.
    As far as we know you only get a handful of games from PS+ a month. Now it does make sense to offer it for both non PS+ subscribers and PS+ subscribers since you're supposedly able to stream these games to other devices.
    Last edited by hood; 01-14-2014 at 12:39.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We dont want to do a PS3 game," or "Its really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Super Elite
    I'll probably keep my PS3 and avoid this.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

From what it sounds like, PS Now is a bit too expensive, I hope it gets cheaper

Ultimate Veteran

PlayStation Now open beta launches on PS3

PS3 owners in parts of US and Canada can now stream games through an open beta of Sony's PlayStation Now service.

The US PlayStation Blog announces the PlayStation 3 beta is available in mainland US and parts of Canada. PlayStation Now hit open beta on PlayStation 4 in July, with a library that now stands at more than 150 titles.

The post also confirmed that Ultra Street Fighter 4, Infamous and God of War: Ascension are in the works for the streaming service.

Pricing currently varies per title, but Sony added that it's "still working towards a PS Now subscription option."
    Source
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Forum Overseer
    this PS Now thing may help but just digital games being on the store really makes the past generation look a lot more solid. i think the PS3 will go for another 5+ years. i would not be surprised if close to 20 years.

Thread Information