Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Pricepoint
    Specs
    Controller
    Interface out of the box

The thing is a console, not a PC. No more or less so than the original XBox was to be bluntly honest here.
    "The Steam Machines play fewer games than your PC, with less functionality"
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/7/5283...s-than-your-PC

The original xbox and steam machines are completely different in their philosophy, and yes, the philosophy matters. The only similarity was that the original xbox was basically off the shelf pc components. That's it.

Simple question would be what's the benefit of a steam machine

Since you believe in it so, please go download SteamOS and tell us of the greatness. Why is it great? How is it better than what's in your house right now? Maybe you can explain it better than Valve who won't give the obvious real reason so they bull$#@! in public therein not being able to give the benefits of this whole thing which are naught.

But my mind is open as long as it's not bull$#@!.

In the end this is all about games right? Windows has em, they'll continue to get them. Being you're so adamant about consoles being only about games you would think you wouldn't cheer-lead something that has a paltry amount compared to it's competition who will get everything and perform those games better.

All for the only about games superior spec PS4. SPECS ALL DAY ERYDAY.
    All for the steamOS with its laughable palette of games that will perform the same game worse than its windows counterpart.

Since this is all about games. i confuse...

*ingredient for a mind implosion i think

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I do find it funny that some of the same people who said cloud gaming talk was just PR are singing a different tune now....lol
    such ignorance.

Where are the 360 and og xbox titles for the xbone and other devices? Oh, that's right. Think before you type. I know it's rough seeing the xbone take a beaten. MS stuck their foot in their mouths and overhyped their cloud situation. Sony did no such thing.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 01-08-2014 at 22:51.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    You make it sound too easy...lol We've known that this industry was going to go digital for some time now. As for ms painting a picture of where its going, they have been doing that. They have been pushing for cloud and digital content for a while now. Thats why they started their Azure project many years ago. This is where gaming content is headed. I do find it funny that some of the same people who said cloud gaming talk was just PR are singing a different tune now....lol
    I said Sony has painted a clearer picture, I didn't say that MS isn't working towards something similar. They may well be, I just haven't picked that up from any of the various conferences of the past 6 months, nor the vids I watch on a daily basis from IGN, GS etc etc. The message I've picked up regarding XB1 is 300,000 servers, increased game power, dedicated servers and some smart glass second screen functionality. I'm talking about "the best place to play" which isn't the best place to make bets during the finals or look in my inventory while playing Watch Dogs, it's being able to play the titles I love from the past 20 years at any time and providing a high tech/affordable current gen experience.

What I've picked up from Sony is 'play all our games on any device you want' and now the Gaikai mystery has a name by PlayStation Now. Maybe it was the more recent purchase of Gaikai and the subsequent announcement at the following E3 that has made it more obvious, or just that Sony is further along in its implementation of this initiative.

Also, I've always advocated the power of the cloud but only for the delivery of legacy content so my tune hasn't changed since the news of the acquisition was announced. I've never advocated it's ability to do much else really but I knew it had potential for the ultimate backwards compatibility after I played NFS: The Run on the Gaikai site.

Elite Sage
    MS has plans for cloud gaming and streaming, ect. It's set for 2015 according to their roadmap.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    such ignorance. Where are the 360 and og xbox titles for the xbone and other devices? Oh, that's right. Think before you type. I know it's rough seeing the xbone take a beaten. MS stuck their foot in their mouths and overhyped their cloud situation. Sony did no such thing.
    Yep exactly. Sony is actually stepping up with their cloud gaming service while all we've heard from MS is about Forza 5 drivatars. lol

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Different tune about something entirely different, yeah. Or did I miss where MS was promoting game streaming when they were talking about the cloud and X1? All I remember is drivatar, changing wave patterns, and stuff like that.
    Maybe different in some ways but not entirely different. When they said cloud was the future, streaming was part of that. Steaming games and other content was already here. The advantage sony has is that they manufacture numerous devices that will be capable of streaming the content, and a even larger advantage when it comes to content available, but the same rules apply with their service as ms cloud. The experience will be determined by bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep exactly. Sony is actually stepping up with their cloud gaming service while all we've heard from MS is about Forza 5 drivatars. lol
    Thats because they are doing two different things. Sony is streaming content to different devices and MS seems to have a learning curve with their compute strategy. Either way, cloud is playing a major part of future gaming. That was the whole point.

MS has plans for cloud gaming and streaming, ect. It's set for 2015 according to their roadmap.
    Of course they do. They have been talking this for a while.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-08-2014 at 23:10.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wow. Thats a long wait. Meanwhile Sony will be ready by this summer with beta starting this month.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Then they should be talking about this more. Word of mouth now has a brand to further awareness of the experience Sony is crafting in this field.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Then they should be talking about this more. Word of mouth now has a brand to further awareness of the experience Sony is crafting in this field.
    I'm sure they will when they get it to where it needs to be. I think people are underestimating the scale of something like this. Launching something like this in the US alone is huge.

Wow. Thats a long wait. Meanwhile Sony will be ready by this summer with beta starting this month.
    Yea, but don't forget its not world wide and content may be limited.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-08-2014 at 23:27.

Elite Sage

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Maybe different in some ways but not entirely different. When they said cloud was the future, streaming was part of that. Steaming games and other content was already here. The advantage sony has is that they manufacture numerous devices that will be capable of streaming the content, and a even larger advantage when it comes to content available, but the same rules apply with their service as ms cloud. The experience will be determined by bandwidth.

Thats because they are doing two different things. Sony is streaming content to different devices and MS seems to have a learning curve with their compute strategy. Either way, cloud is playing a major part of future gaming. That was the whole point.
    Fine. Microsoft talked about the future. Sony just demoed it.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

13. Likes Serinous , mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    lol.. i wouldn't call it the future because it's was already here. Streaming games have been here for years. streaming games to different devices is another story. When MS talked about the cloud and how it would change the way we get content, they weren't just talking about their own.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-08-2014 at 23:45.

Superior Member

http://www.gamesradar.com/steam-mach...utm_medium=emp

On Topic, It'll be interesting to see PS4 LTD numbers come March 31st, by then Sony will probably have met/surpassed demand, if not then, wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    http://www.gamesradar.com/steam-mach...utm_medium=emp

On Topic, It'll be interesting to see PS4 LTD numbers come March 31st, by then Sony will probably have met/surpassed demand, if not then, wow.
    They will be well over their target for sure with the Japan launch coming up.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm sure they will when they get it to where it needs to be. I think people are underestimating the scale of something like this. Launching something like this in the US alone is huge. Yea, but don't forget its not world wide and content may be limited.
    Theyre certainly well ahead of MS though. MS talked the talk but Sony walked the walk. Woot! lol

Forum Elder
    Theyre certainly well ahead of MS though. MS talked the talk but Sony is walking the walk. Woot! lol
    Yep. They are keeping their foot on the gas.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Hell yeah!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Can you please provide a link to somewhere that would show MS showing what they will actually do with cloud gaming? All i've heard was something along the lines of increasing graphical and processing power through cloud. Did MS actually say they will provide stream gaming in the future through their cloud? Am I missing something?

Forum Sage
    Theyre certainly well ahead of MS though. MS talked the talk but Sony walked the walk. Woot! lol
    They should be ahead. Neither is doing bad and over 3million for Ms is quite an accomplishment too. Its more than i thought they would be at by now with that price. They both should be proud.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    such ignorance.

Where are the 360 and og xbox titles for the xbone and other devices? Oh, that's right. Think before you type. I know it's rough seeing the xbone take a beaten. MS stuck their foot in their mouths and overhyped their cloud situation. Sony did no such thing.
    SONY on the other hand bought the market leader for a pretty penny before Microsoft could xD
    Best of all, their streaming solution is open platformed.
    Last edited by mickice; 01-09-2014 at 00:54.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Ms doesn't need to worry about cloud gaming right now, they still have tier 2 countries to launch in, after that then localization of tv tv tv in other territories then cloud streaming or whatever the $#@! they have cooking.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Can you please provide a link to somewhere that would show MS showing what they will actually do with cloud gaming? All i've heard was something along the lines of increasing graphical and processing power through cloud. Did MS actually say they will provide stream gaming in the future through their cloud? Am I missing something?
    Yeah. The only points I recall being talked about on these forums were the advantages X1 would provide games with their cloud processing.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Ms doesn't need to worry about cloud gaming right now, they still have tier 2 countries to launch in, after that then localization of tv tv tv in other territories then cloud streaming or whatever the $#@! they have cooking.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Sorry to break it to you, but in many countries TV comes straight from the TV and people do not use dedicated cable boxes like the US.

My TV comes from a small antenna straight into my TV, there is no HDMI for the insocket of the Xbox One and Microsoft will face this all over the world. To use the TV function I have to spend even more money that doesn't even woft past Microsofts nose.

TV functionality is getting better inside TVs, TVs now have built in USB DVR.
    Last edited by mickice; 01-09-2014 at 01:00.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah. The only points I recall being talked about on these forums were the advantages X1 would provide games with their cloud processing.
    Yep thats all I remember hearing as well.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    They bet on the wrong horse. The casual-only gamer is long gone. The mid-core console gamer will go where the hard core goes. Mark my words, the XBox One zigged when the market zagged. WiiU is in the exact same boat. The market is Sonys for the taking.
    I agree with you there. The biggest thing about it is the fact that for casuals dropping an extra 100 on a console just doesn't seem feasible to me. WiiU is still performing horribly and that ids target more towards casuals that the core. X1 is more target for both but I don't see them gaining a big share of those casuals with a 500 price tag when they can get a PS4 for 100 less.

I just think MS dug a big hole like Sony did last gen but they put more stock into something that isn't likely to draw a ton of attention. Once the price drop hits it could be a different story but I don't see it now.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information