Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah but the absurdity of it was just so fitting.
    lol for all they know, it was probably just something they "thought" and don't know much about the competition. i'd argue they did get the part right that more PS fans are nerds and Xbox are more jocks.

what they got wrong was that they made it look like the PS4 was an underdog, which would've been fitting for last-gen but this gen is entirely different. although it was still funny and i always love their satire and i also like that most people don't get their satires, makes me feel special.

i told my wife about it and she actually watches it sometimes now. she liked the kim kardashian one and black friday lol.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah I doubt they keep up with it like we do lol. But very entertaining.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    watch the one where they did WoW. they actually did a way better job.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Oh I know. One of my all time favorite episodes. But enough about south park lol.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    What it really means is if that gap keeps growing or even keeps showing interest of growing devs will no longer be looking to make exclusive deals with MS and may even force MS to eventually drop the parity clause.
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    What it really means is: the company that dominated 2 previous generations by a long shot and came second to the Wii fad is now back as top dog.
    Put simply, SONY has crafted the perfect machine for 2014 even with new competition like Steam Boxes.

I can see an easy 50million lead over Xbox One and of course Wii U. Can it top the PS2 tho, hm.
    3) We have a long way to go.
    Fanboys can quibble over launch figures all they want, and they do matter - momentum is extremely important. But with both the Xbox One and PS4 likely to sell 80 million+ units in their lifetime, no one should spend much energy getting overly excited about the first couple million.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 01-11-2014 at 16:27.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    BTW, if X1 doesn't hit 50 mil then I doubt MS will remain in the console biz.
    will there be a console biz that many years away and/or will this gen last long enough to sell that many?

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    will there be a console biz that many years away and/or will this gen last long enough to sell that many?
    PS4 is about to hit 6m+ in less than 2 months. Yeah, I think they will last long enough to hit more than that. and i think "maybe" next-gen will come out sooner (maybe 1 year earlier) but don't expect more. these are going to be successful consoles, developers like successful consoles. expect multiple generations side-by-side as we move forward. so expect these consoles to have support for another 8 years and then they may not quit making them for another 2+.

basically it will repeat again, just a slight variation. we're still not out of a global recession yet and likely won't be for years.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    I don't see any reason why this gen won't go through the full life cycle. I expect the console biz to continue on even past this gen, but I'm not certain it will be like anything we are used to or if all of the current players will still be leading the way.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Elite
    It's not over yet!
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Thread Information