Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,246
    Rep Power
    107

    TLOU destroys everything else in Amazon's 2013 Fan Favourites Poll

    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

  2. #2
    Selected Members Council
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,646
    Rep Power
    81
    Not surprised, GTA even looks like it comes in third after Bioshock....
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    PSU Direct Email: [email protected]


  3. #3
    Sonata Dusk
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,636
    Rep Power
    154
    It's an excellent choice, but after careful consideration I think Bioshock Infinite was the better game. I loved the tight narrative and characters of The Last of Us, but I found myself in constant awe of the world and theme in Infinite. It really was something to behold.

  4. #4
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,246
    Rep Power
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's an excellent choice, but after careful consideration I think Bioshock Infinite was the better game. I loved the tight narrative and characters of The Last of Us, but I found myself in constant awe of the world and theme in Infinite. It really was something to behold.
    Infinite blew my mind with its story (dat ending) but I feel infinite had the worst gameplay out of all bioshock games. I hugely prefer rationing my medkits and eve syringes and wanted weapon wheels as opposed to two weapons only. The weapons felt generic after having played the first 2 games (though it makes sense given the setting). You know little stuff like that just kept it back.

    Now if I had the story of infinite and the gameplay of bio2 it would have been really difficult choice for me to choose between tlou and infinite
    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

  5. Likes mynd likes this post
  6. #5
    Ultimate Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    45
    Posts
    20,644
    Rep Power
    199
    Having just started playing (and by just playing I mean I'm already over a third of the way through within hours) Bioshock, I gotta say, I hold no stock in anything that gives it 3rd place. It's below average in every respect except art direction.

    Playing on hard and its a very easy. It has zero actual decent gameplay in terms of gun play.
    As a story, it might be fine, but I don't PLAY stories, in fact if the story wasn't there I wouldn't bother playing it at all.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-08-2014 at 10:46.

  7. Likes Bruce Vayne, HellsJester likes this post
  8. #6
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    14,316
    Rep Power
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Having just started playing (and by just playing I mean I'm already over a third of the way through within hours) Bioshock, I gotta say, I hold no stock in anything that gives it 3rd place. It's below average in every respect except art direction.

    Playing on hard and its a very easy. It has zero actual decent gameplay in terms of gun play.
    As a story, it might be fine, but I don't PLAY stories, in fact if the story wasn't there I wouldn't bother playing it at all.
    Thank You!!
    I thought i was taking crazy pills not liking this game at all.


  9. #7
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,246
    Rep Power
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Having just started playing (and by just playing I mean I'm already over a third of the way through within hours) Bioshock, I gotta say, I hold no stock in anything that gives it 3rd place. It's below average in every respect except art direction.

    Playing on hard and its a very easy. It has zero actual decent gameplay in terms of gun play.
    As a story, it might be fine, but I don't PLAY stories, in fact if the story wasn't there I wouldn't bother playing it at all.
    It gets a lot harder at the end. I played on hard aswell and now I'm thinking of doing a 1999 mode run and some fights near the end are making me hesitant
    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

  10. #8
    Forum Sage
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,578
    Rep Power
    87
    I'm a little surprised that GTA didn't take more of a slice of the pie but no surprise at all that TLOU came top.

    The top 3 are there on merit I have to say all three fantastic games. Been a great year for games


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    45
    Posts
    20,644
    Rep Power
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Thank You!!
    I thought i was taking crazy pills not liking this game at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    It gets a lot harder at the end. I played on hard aswell and now I'm thinking of doing a 1999 mode run and some fights near the end are making me hesitant
    It really doesn't help that I went straight from doing the excellent Batman: Arkham Asylum on hard in to this.
    AA is everything a good game should be, good fighting, good level design, the ability to make real and meaningful choices to the way you will play it. Contrast that with this and this feel just so....one dimensional..one directional and one type of gameplay.
    I literally feel like I stepped back in time playing Infinite. It's like being pointed in a direction and told to walk straight, snore...zzzzz.....

    Oh look Elizabeth found a dollar coin...uh I just raided 5 barrels and found a bucket load more, I can do with out you help.

    Really, its stupid.."oh I will have to find ways to help you, you look beat up"....
    Umm, sorry lizzy, I already pilfered food from all over the place and am on full health what the $#@! are you talking about?
    Last edited by mynd; 01-08-2014 at 11:17.

  12. #10
    Veteran
    Pong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,397
    Rep Power
    95
    A copy of TLoU is getting delivered to me today. After all of the good reviews and awards, I can't wait to start playing this game.

  13. #11
    Community and Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Age
    47
    Posts
    11,798
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    A copy of TLoU is getting delivered to me today. After all of the good reviews and awards, I can't wait to start playing this game.
    It is an awesome game. Wish I could play it again for the first time.











  14. Likes MartyRules, Itachi likes this post
  15. #12
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    24
    Posts
    8,246
    Rep Power
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    It is an awesome game. Wish I could play it again for the first time.
    +1
    I wonder when a nuclear warhead goes off, does the frame rate of real life drop?

  16. #13
    Forum Sage
    MjW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Age
    36
    Posts
    7,856
    Rep Power
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    It is an awesome game. Wish I could play it again for the first time.
    You can say that again.

    I preordered Left Behind and will be revisiting TLOU tomorrow!

    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts