Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

TLOU destroys everything else in Amazon's 2013 Fan Favourites Poll

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Not surprised, GTA even looks like it comes in third after Bioshock....
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's an excellent choice, but after careful consideration I think Bioshock Infinite was the better game. I loved the tight narrative and characters of The Last of Us, but I found myself in constant awe of the world and theme in Infinite. It really was something to behold.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's an excellent choice, but after careful consideration I think Bioshock Infinite was the better game. I loved the tight narrative and characters of The Last of Us, but I found myself in constant awe of the world and theme in Infinite. It really was something to behold.
    Infinite blew my mind with its story (dat ending) but I feel infinite had the worst gameplay out of all bioshock games. I hugely prefer rationing my medkits and eve syringes and wanted weapon wheels as opposed to two weapons only. The weapons felt generic after having played the first 2 games (though it makes sense given the setting). You know little stuff like that just kept it back.

Now if I had the story of infinite and the gameplay of bio2 it would have been really difficult choice for me to choose between tlou and infinite

5. Likes mynd likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Having just started playing (and by just playing I mean I'm already over a third of the way through within hours) Bioshock, I gotta say, I hold no stock in anything that gives it 3rd place. It's below average in every respect except art direction.

Playing on hard and its a very easy. It has zero actual decent gameplay in terms of gun play.
    As a story, it might be fine, but I don't PLAY stories, in fact if the story wasn't there I wouldn't bother playing it at all.
    Last edited by mynd; 01-08-2014 at 09:46.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

7. Likes Bruce Vayne, HellsJester likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Having just started playing (and by just playing I mean I'm already over a third of the way through within hours) Bioshock, I gotta say, I hold no stock in anything that gives it 3rd place. It's below average in every respect except art direction.

Playing on hard and its a very easy. It has zero actual decent gameplay in terms of gun play.
    As a story, it might be fine, but I don't PLAY stories, in fact if the story wasn't there I wouldn't bother playing it at all.
    Thank You!!
    I thought i was taking crazy pills not liking this game at all.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

It gets a lot harder at the end. I played on hard aswell and now I'm thinking of doing a 1999 mode run and some fights near the end are making me hesitant

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I'm a little surprised that GTA didn't take more of a slice of the pie but no surprise at all that TLOU came top.

The top 3 are there on merit I have to say all three fantastic games. Been a great year for games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Thank You!!
    I thought i was taking crazy pills not liking this game at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    It gets a lot harder at the end. I played on hard aswell and now I'm thinking of doing a 1999 mode run and some fights near the end are making me hesitant
    It really doesn't help that I went straight from doing the excellent Batman: Arkham Asylum on hard in to this.
    AA is everything a good game should be, good fighting, good level design, the ability to make real and meaningful choices to the way you will play it. Contrast that with this and this feel just so....one dimensional..one directional and one type of gameplay.
    I literally feel like I stepped back in time playing Infinite. It's like being pointed in a direction and told to walk straight, snore...zzzzz.....

Oh look Elizabeth found a dollar coin...uh I just raided 5 barrels and found a bucket load more, I can do with out you help.

Really, its stupid.."oh I will have to find ways to help you, you look beat up"....
    Umm, sorry lizzy, I already pilfered food from all over the place and am on full health what the $#@! are you talking about?
    Last edited by mynd; 01-08-2014 at 10:17.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Veteran
    A copy of TLoU is getting delivered to me today. After all of the good reviews and awards, I can't wait to start playing this game.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    A copy of TLoU is getting delivered to me today. After all of the good reviews and awards, I can't wait to start playing this game.
    It is an awesome game. Wish I could play it again for the first time.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

14. Likes MartyRules, Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    +1

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    You can say that again.

I preordered Left Behind and will be revisiting TLOU tomorrow!
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Thread Information