Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Neither of which games offer 64player battles which will reduce the quality.
    64 players dont reduce the quality, they reduce performance and then the developers reduce the quality due to that. Its not my problem that nowadays developers dont take time for optimizing their games and just port crap and add as much content as possible without maintaining quality.

Dont want to head off-topic but would like to finally say that the monitor is nice and offers quite impressive characteristics but I wouldnt buy one of this monitors cause it has g-sync and I am an amd ati radeon user.

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    the way you're acting is as if BF4 is an ugly game. You seem to be part of the minority but BF4 running at ultra settings is a damn fine looking game. Personally I wouldn't even say Farcry 3 looks better than it on neither technology level or art level, though i've only played FC3 for a few hours before losing interest. Crysis 3 does but Crysis games always look amazing.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    the way you're acting is as if BF4 is an ugly game. You seem to be part of the minority but BF4 running at ultra settings is a damn fine looking game. Personally I wouldn't even say Farcry 3 looks better than it on neither technology level or art level, though i've only played FC3 for a few hours before losing interest. Crysis 3 does but Crysis games always look amazing.
    If you would have explored the island on max settings some places would look fantastic and the vegetations shaders, shadows, models and textures are just breathtaking, the water is amazing and a lot more natural than in any other game. Crysis 3 looks good but I didnt like its gameplay, however it has very outstanding graphics.

Master Poster
    There is also the Asus PB287Q 60Hz 2160p monitor that was announced for the same price. At least its been said its 60Hz.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    apologize for continuing an off topic discussion but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Battlefield 4 must be poorly optimized. First of all Id like to say that the graphics arent really good. A lot of blur, bad edges even with aa and destruction is limited. The animations didnt improve from bf3 and look outdated. Plus this game running at 40 fps on a 700$ gpu is a joke.
    The fact that BF3 and BF4 actually run on ps3 and x360 without melting them is a testament to how well optimized the frostbite engine is. Just because you don't see the numbers you expected doesn't mean the game is unoptimzed
    Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 both look better and run better than BF4.
    I would want to see my graphically advanced games so that we will have more variety in bench marking our computers. But real games, not just benchmarking applications.
    subjective, but I still highly doubt far cry looking better.

show me better depth of field and this clear IQ

The water shaders on the road and rain particles are hands down one of the best
    64 players dont reduce the quality, they reduce performance and then the developers reduce the quality due to that. Its not my problem that nowadays developers dont take time for optimizing their games and just port crap and add as much content as possible without maintaining quality.

Dont want to head off-topic but would like to finally say that the monitor is nice and offers quite impressive characteristics but I wouldnt buy one of this monitors cause it has g-sync and I am an amd ati radeon user.
    Then why are you complaining about performance in the first place?!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    apologize for continuing an off topic discussion but...

The fact that BF3 and BF4 actually run on ps3 and x360 without melting them is a testament to how well optimized the frostbite engine is. Just because you don't see the numbers you expected doesn't mean the game is unoptimzed

subjective, but I still highly doubt far cry looking better.

show me better depth of field and this clear IQ

The water shaders on the road and rain particles are hands down one of the best

Then why are you complaining about performance in the first place?!

Haha pre render engine showcase, gotta love how those multiplayer players stand in set positions and and move accordingly to pre-set animations. Nice try though with those gifs.

Even a game with 64 players and such graphics should actually run at at least 90 fps on 700$ gpus not even talking about them working in crossfire or in sli, investing 1400$ solely on gpus just to see the game run at 40 fps is bull$#@!. I do not complain I just point out that instead of doing proper hardware optimization they just decrease the graphics instead of taking more time and actually optimize something. Decreasing graphics into improve performance is something I can do with mostly all my games, I just go to the graphics settings no expertise in hardware optimization is required. If you would compare real battlefield in-game screenshots with far cry 3 you would see how much better far cry 3 is in some sections of graphics like vegetation and water vividness.

Grass

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Those vids you showed are running at less resolution than in the BF4 benchmarks BBK posted.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Those vids you showed are running at less resolution than in the BF4 benchmarks BBK posted.
    Resolution solely doesnt make the graphics and is not even graphics, its just a resolution at which the graphics are being displayed. Even though those videos are lower resolution they still look better than bf4 at high resolution. Go ahead and run a game at maximum resolution and turn all the graphical settings to the lowest possible, you see that the resolution doesnt make the graphics. If you mean in terms of performance and benchmarking check out some far cry 3 benchmark, they will show that the game performs better.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Those gifs were in game at 4k Cyber. The whole argument of expecting an arbitrary number as fps (in your case 90fps) from your GPU just cuz you spent more money is the most lousy argument I've seen. The game doesn't care how much you bought the card for. It will use what it needs.

10. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Power Member
    Far Cry 3 is using a heavily modified Cryengine called Dunia.

You are comparing engines here not games.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-14-2014 at 12:51.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    Those gifs were in game at 4k Cyber. The whole argument of expecting an arbitrary number as fps (in your case 90fps) from your GPU just cuz you spent more money is the most lousy argument I've seen. The game doesn't care how much you bought the card for. It will use what it needs.
    The most lousy argument is saying that the game runs poorly only because of its amount of content, developers are in charge to optimize the game and they can also decide how much content and players capacity they can add. I dont think you know what game optimization means, its not removing content or decrease graphics quality in order to improve performance, not at all. I didnt say that I own such a card but its absolutely absurd that a game cant run on a such capable gpu. That is what I am pointing out.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Far Cry 3 is using a heavily modified Cryengine called Dunia. Cryengine is 10 years old.
    Its like COD engine is heavily modified idtech3 called IW engine
    Frostbite is also an old and heavily modified engine so there is no point in mentioning that, it was out even before it was actually called frostbite.

Forum Sage

Yup. BF4 is a demanding game on the higher settings but when you play it you can see why it is demanding. The game looks great. I actually think that the fact a single 780 (i'm speculating. I know my 780 gets high FPS than stock Titan) can get an average of 45-50fps on Ultra settings, 2560x1440, 4x MSAA, AA at high and with HBAO on, i would say DICE have made a very good engine. And those are just results from the beta. It's been improved since then especially with drivers.

Anyway, we are so off topic it's unreal.

People are forgetting the good news that a 120Hz monitor at 2560x1440 is no longer a myth! Silky smooth everything. Even when you download the Chrome add on for 120Hz scrolling it makes just using the internet a pleasure.

edit:
    Frostbite is also an old and heavily modified engine so there is no point in mentioning that, it was out even before it was actually called frostbite.
    Frost bite came out like 2 years ago!? How on earth is that old? In terms of engines it's just a toddler. You are looking past the fact that BF4 is a demanding game. Have you actually played it first hand, not just looked at youtube videos?
    Last edited by BBK..; 01-14-2014 at 12:58.

Power Member
    Not it isnt. DICE built it themselves for Bad company which released in 2008. Prior to that the previous battlefield games used some other engine.
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Refractor

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox

Frost bite came out like 2 years ago!? How on earth is that old? In terms of engines it's just a toddler. You are looking past the fact that BF4 is a demanding game. Have you actually played it first hand, not just looked at youtube videos?
    Are you kidding me? Frostbite 2 and Frostbite are exactly the same engine its just that frostbite 2 is an improved version its not like frostbite is a complete new engine compared to frostbite, and before frostbite there was another engine which is the same frostbite just with no name and no additional improvements. If I would follow your logic I would say the same for Dunia which would then be a completely new engine.

Not it isnt. DICE built it themselves for Bad company which released in 2008. Prior to that the previous battlefield games used some other engine.
    http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Refractor
    Refractor is the same Frostbite just with improvements and modifications.

Forum Sage

My mistake, frostbite 1.0 came out in 2008. Still, hardly an old engine considering how long UE and Source have been out. Regardless of how old it is, it is one of the best looking engines out there.

Thread Information