Latest PSU headlines:

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

Get Even: Where Next-Gen Shooting Meets Dark Souls

Already posted on the main page as well:

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation developer The Farm 51 has revealed Get Even, a first-person shooter coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC.

The Polish studio has claimed that the project, which is set to release in 2015, is being designed to blur the lines between single and multiplayer with "ambitious new dynamic and photorealistic graphics" and mechanics not too dissimilar to those found in Dark Souls. It'll also mix the horror and thriller genres.

While the story will focus on memories of the game's heroes, you'll be able to change and mould the characters by the routes you choose when playing.

The Dark Souls-esque element comes from the fact that you'll be able to invade other players worlds and team up with enemies, in a manner similar to the Phantom system. The result is that you'll never know whether the opponents you're facing are being controlled by humans or AI.

A sliver of information was also given about the weapons you'll find in the game: expect futuristic weapons that nonetheless remain grounded in reality.

"Weapons that fire around corners play a large part in Get Even, allowing the user to shoot from a safe position. These weapons can be linked with the player’s in-game smart phone to not only add a sight functionality, but use apps to bolster attack options. Corner-shot weapons are fully customizable throughout the game," the developer explained.

The game's release is still a way off though at this stage digital distribution is the plan. Expect more on Get Even in the months ahead.

Source: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/0...ets-dark-souls

Can't really tell much from the trailer but sounds like it could be interesting, need so see a proper gameplay trailer really though.
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Reserved judgement. Companies initial ideas and boasts in statements always sound absolutely amazeballs initially. We'll see how it pans out.
    I mean I'm sure logistically I could think up some absolutely unreal games unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to execute them so we'll see how its delivered.
    And i hate shooting round corner guns, ok so they're awesome to use but CRAZY frustrating to be on the receiving end!

I like the idea of not being able to differentiate between AI and other users when invading/teaming up with enemies. Would that make some of your allies AI controlled too?
    Big problem with games atm is uneven lobbies or 3/4 empty lobbies, filling with AI who's avatars can then be replaced by other online users is quite a cool though, thus keeping the flow and dynamic of an even team based game going.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Laughed at 'next gen shooting'...always promises, big promises

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    It's always hard to judge this early in the build but its always interesting to hear what they promise and see if the deliver!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    madmandem2
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    It's always hard to judge this early in the build but its always interesting to hear what they promise and see if the deliver!
    +1

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The trailer was cool definitely looks interesting. Guess we'll have to wait to see more.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Some part of the video I think looks too real, like some parts are actually from a real video footage. Some other parts I can tell its game graphics. Too good to be true?

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Some part of the video I think looks too real, like some parts are actually from a real video footage. Some other parts I can tell its game graphics. Too good to be true?
    May well be, guess we shall have to wait for some proper gameplay footage before we find out....

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    May well be, guess we shall have to wait for some proper gameplay footage before we find out....
    True. Every time a new generation of console launches, there's always devs showing off games with extremely good graphics, but somehow never delivered and becomes vaporware. Hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those.

10. Likes Duffman1986 wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information