Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

Is there a way of connecting 3 ps2's together?

Hello,

After having the great idea of going back and playing the amazing game that is Timesplitters Future Perfect.
    I was wondering if it was possible to play on more than 1 tv. Specifically 3 tv's as 2 of us would be playing.

After much researching I found out you can connect 2 ps2's with 2 tv's with the ilink cable if you have an older version of the fat ps2. I think I get how this work (seems pretty straight forward).

My question is, is there a way to do this and be able to play as three players, each having our own tv to play fullscreen. The I Link wouldn't work as there is only one port on each ps2, so you can't just hook three up to eachother. So im a little lost. The only way in my head I can think of is hook 2 ps2s up like normal, then to get the third tv have a red/white/yellow wire splitter into the other two tvs. But would this just show the 2 player split screen on both screens and not give each person their own screen.

Sorry I know the ps2 is a bit outdated now but I think this would be awesome.

Thanks for your time!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Looking at the information I can only see people linking 2 PS2's together so I don't think it can be done to be honest, unless anyone else knows otherwise of course but I don't see it being possible!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Looking at the information I can only see people linking 2 PS2's together so I don't think it can be done to be honest, unless anyone else knows otherwise of course but I don't see it being possible!
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Do you think if on the 2nd and 3rd tvs linked up to the second ps2 have a red/white/yellow splitter this would work. Or as I said will it only show 2 player split screen on both tv's.

At the moment I guess we can link the two ps2s and play on two tvs'. One tv will have to have splitscreen the other a fullscreen. Would be really neat if we can get the third tv linked!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    I have just found this on the Playstation community forum but can't find how you set it up in more detail:

Yes you can link 2 or more PS2s together in much the same way you network 2 or more PCs. It's called a Local Area Network, or LAN.

Sounds like if you set up a LAN on the systems like you would a PC then it may just work....

This sounds like how to do it:

4 Player iLink
    Oh! So that's why Infogrames mentions the ability to hook up "3 and 4 consoles". But wait, the game only allows two players using two consoles hooked up through an iLink cable, what do I do?

First you'll need , at least, a 4 point fire-wire hub (you can buy these at any computer part store).

Secondly, you'll need three other friends their iLink cables and (of course) their playstations.

Now, hook them all together using you iLink cable and your Fire-wire hub.

Lastly you'll need the Cheat Code. (not sure what that is)

Start a 2-person multiplayer game.

Press Start to Pause the Game.

Enter the following code:

LEFT, CIRCLE, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, RIGHT.

Your screen will say "Waiting For Other Players".

The other three players should hit the start button and join in.
    Last edited by Duffman; 01-09-2014 at 15:56.

Superior Member
    Hello this all sounds feasible but what is the code about? That makes it sound really dodgey! Also just looked up the '4 point fire-wire hub' and can't really find one of them.

Could you link me to where you found that information please.

Interesting though, thank you for your help!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Sure, link shown below:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...k-adapter-LANs

No problem, let us know if you do managed to get it sorted

Superior Member
    Thank you and will do!

Super Elite
    Items Atari
    Using the network adaptor, you can hook up 8 different consoles together for Timesplitters future perfect via ethernet cable. Any network adaptor compatible game will most likely have a local area network mode. Simply buy an ethernet router, and connect each console to the router with ethernet cable. Routers can be had for 40 dollars new, probably even less at a Goodwill type store. With TSFP, you should be able to use any combination of split screen and single screen in filling out your roster, i.e. three tvs, three ps2's, or two t.v.s with two players on the first tv, and one on the second. Other games, like Socom have no split screen option, so you need three copies, three tvs, three ps2s, etc.

There are some older games which only can connect by ilink mode. For these games, you'll need an old PS2, prior to the scph-50000 series, I believe. You'll also need to track down an ilink hub, which are less common than the ethernet routers. Since any slim ps2 will be equipped for ethernet, it should be much easier to use, especially as you're already planning on TSFP which only has ethernet networking avaliable.
    During E3 I check out the booth babes, and if that's wrong...then maybe I'm missing the point of E3

I believe too. You'll also need to track down an ilink hub, which are less common than the ethernet routers. Since any slim ps2 will be equipped for ethernet, it should be much easier to use, especially as you're already planning on TSFP which only has ethernet networking avaliable. thanks

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UCONN for life View Post
    Using the network adaptor, you can hook up 8 different consoles together for Timesplitters future perfect via ethernet cable. Any network adaptor compatible game will most likely have a local area network mode. Simply buy an ethernet router, and connect each console to the router with ethernet cable. Routers can be had for 40 dollars new, probably even less at a Goodwill type store. With TSFP, you should be able to use any combination of split screen and single screen in filling out your roster, i.e. three tvs, three ps2's, or two t.v.s with two players on the first tv, and one on the second. Other games, like Socom have no split screen option, so you need three copies, three tvs, three ps2s, etc.

There are some older games which only can connect by ilink mode. For these games, you'll need an old PS2, prior to the scph-50000 series, I believe. You'll also need to track down an ilink hub, which are less common than the ethernet routers. Since any slim ps2 will be equipped for ethernet, it should be much easier to use, especially as you're already planning on TSFP which only has ethernet networking avaliable.
    That's way nicer than an iLink Hub.
    This can be done with either a Router with a switch built in, or a dedicated switch.
    Please be aware Hubs are NOT Switches, you want switch.
    All routers with 5 ports on the back (1 WAN and 4 LAN) are Routers with 4pt Switch built in).

Or, you can have 3 plugged into the router and 1 line out to a 5pt switch to get you the 8 players if you wanted 8.

This is ideal and eithernet is cheap.
    PS2 Network adapters not hard to find either.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Thread Information