Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat

Holy Batman Battlefield 4!!!

It is sad to say that as much as I loved what little time I had with Battlefield 4, I had to get rid of it yesterday. The glitches were too much and too frightening to say the least, the latter I'll explain in a bit. I am floored that as good as Battlefield 3 was, that Battlefield 4 was such a wreck. Some of the glitches I encountered on the PS4 version were as follows:

Numerous visual errors in both multiplayer and campaign
    Freezing in multiplayer, and connection issues still abound
    The [CE] error towards the end of campaign that wiped my whole campaign! I had to start over
    And lastly, the PS4 outright not reading the disc

The last one scared the $#@! out of me, and convinced me to turn it in. I can't take a risk of it ruining my precious PS4. I had decided to buy the digital version, but I can't convince myself that spending 120 bucks on one game and still encountering this horrible issues is worth it. Maybe in the future when they fix the game I will buy it again, but as of now I am not wasting my hard earned money.

Anybody else encounter these bugs?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    madmandem2
    Never had any problems with BF4 on ps4... Only missing sound at the start of matches that only lasts for 5 seconds then everything is back to normal. Love the game!

3. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post

PSN ID
    Royals26
    Items AppleBattlefield 3Dice
    I think people are forgetting how glitchy BF3 was when it first came out. BF4 just needs some more patches, but it's an amazing game when it runs well.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Praying for more patches soon, single-player's unplayable for me.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    The thing that made me trade it in was the fact that the PS4 wouldn't read the disc one time, while every other disc runs fine. That is inexcusable.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Holy Batman Battlefield 4!!!

I started single player today, completed it and finally just clearing up some trophies. Had lost save data when I first tried bf4 so wanted to do it all in 1 sitting. I had 2 crashes all day but I'd read that when the CE error comes up, turn the console off from the DS4 on the blue error screen and it will not lose the save data. I did that both times and the save data was fine.

Other than the sound glitch at the start of a map as mentioned above, I've had no other issues. 40+ hours online and single player finished.

Mines a digital version so haven't come across your other problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I finished the campaign without a single error once I started using mission select rather than resume whenever I would go to play.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    do any of you guys have the ps3 version? that looks like an late generation ps2 game. what about any glitches there? a friend of mine is asking now

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    do any of you guys have the ps3 version? that looks like an late generation ps2 game. what about any glitches there? a friend of mine is asking now
    Getting the PS3 version isn't really worth it, as you can't do 32 vs 32 on conquest, thats only available on PS4/XBone/PC. I haven't gotten any of the issues you listed, I got the game after the set of patches that came out though. Only got an error once in 3 weeks.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I must stress actually that the MP's fairly okay for me, it's just the campaign that's in dire straits.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    I've had a few issues with the game since it launched here but I've also played the $#@! out of it SP & MP. Worst one was when I lost the use of the joypad after coming in and out of the game to send messages. The only way I could get it to work was to come out, close the app and start again, but each time I came in and out of game the same happened. That one scared the $#@! out of me because I swapped to AC4 after getting pissed off with it and it was still happening there. I genuinely thought it had $#@!ed my console up until I turned the machine off and back on again.

Veteran
    I'm luckily no longer getting any errors now but I totally understand you because I did feel like returning at some point but I wasn't even going to get my $60 back so I figured I would just bear with the bugs until they ironed them out.

Power Member
    Experience has been a bit frustrating for me, but nowhere near as annoying as the PC version was for me at launch. Seems fine to me now for the most part.

Forum Overseer

my ps3 version is near perfect right now. the only issues being graphical that have nothing to do with the game itself...well they do but not with network.

i have no other game to play so whatever problems BF4 has on PS4, i'll have to deal with them.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    I've had a few issues with the game since it launched here but I've also played the $#@! out of it SP & MP. Worst one was when I lost the use of the joypad after coming in and out of the game to send messages. The only way I could get it to work was to come out, close the app and start again, but each time I came in and out of game the same happened. That one scared the $#@! out of me because I swapped to AC4 after getting pissed off with it and it was still happening there. I genuinely thought it had $#@!ed my console up until I turned the machine off and back on again.
    yeah when i saw that it didn't read my disc that one time i was like "$#@! this im trading it in, i can't have this ruin my new ps4"...i cannot take that chance.

maybe i just got a bad disc i dont know.....

so it sounds like the issues are wishy washy? some are worse then others.....

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I havent played it for a couple weeks, but Ive never had an issue other than audio on MP.

Dedicated Member

I have had some issues, but nothing that bad. I also am running the downloaded version though. Otherwise I have to agree with others here who say that when the game runs right, it is the best one released. Also, I would urge patience, this game will be the king after a few more more patches. As it is right now, I could spend hours on it anyway!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    The technical issues I had with the game are all gone except some rubber banding and FPS dropping on some maps. I haven't played the game in a few days. IMO, the fact that whole teams are made up of recons is a bigger game killer than DICE's technical shortcomings and shoddy QC.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Lancang Dam and one other map has really bad rubberbanding and everyone gets it on the PS4 version. It's just some odd glitchy bug that causes that. The problem I'm seeing now with the companies is that they're not communicating anything, yet in the battlelog, they have a control room section just for communication but they're not using it. For a company that wants their game to compete with one other FPS game, they are not really doing a good job in the communication department, but then again, neither does activision so either way it's a cucumber in the butt for us gamers.

21. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    BilLCollecTTor
    Quote Originally Posted by madmandem2 View Post
    Never had any problems with BF4 on ps4... Only missing sound at the start of matches that only lasts for 5 seconds then everything is back to normal. Love the game!
    Same here bro no issues with the game at all.. Some lad every 7 or 8 games but it doesn't effect the game. I'm sure others are having issues but not me.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Luv_2_Game View Post
    Same here bro no issues with the game at all.. Some lad every 7 or 8 games but it doesn't effect the game. I'm sure others are having issues but not me.
    im glad you guys aren't! it sucks wasting 60 bucks on a game thats too buggy, but cheers to you guys for not having issues!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Having more issues with the ps4 than bf4

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Forum Sage
    It is sad to say that as much as I loved what little time I had with Battlefield 4, I had to get rid of it yesterday. The glitches were too much and too frightening to say the least, the latter I'll explain in a bit. I am floored that as good as Battlefield 3 was, that Battlefield 4 was such a wreck. Some of the glitches I encountered on the PS4 version were as follows:

Numerous visual errors in both multiplayer and campaign
    Freezing in multiplayer, and connection issues still abound
    The [CE] error towards the end of campaign that wiped my whole campaign! I had to start over
    And lastly, the PS4 outright not reading the disc

The last one scared the $#@! out of me, and convinced me to turn it in. I can't take a risk of it ruining my precious PS4. I had decided to buy the digital version, but I can't convince myself that spending 120 bucks on one game and still encountering this horrible issues is worth it. Maybe in the future when they fix the game I will buy it again, but as of now I am not wasting my hard earned money.

Anybody else encounter these bugs?
    The disc reading part should concern you and if anything you should want to put BF4 in the console more to see if it is the game or the console. Right now is probably the best time to figure out any issues to get a replacement without spending money.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    The disc reading part should concern you and if anything you should want to put BF4 in the console more to see if it is the game or the console. Right now is probably the best time to figure out any issues to get a replacement without spending money.
    i did that and it read it just fine, but the fact that it did it concerned me, hence the reason i turned it in. no other game has done that to me actually

Apprentice
    yeah when i saw that it didn't read my disc that one time i was like "$#@! this im trading it in, i can't have this ruin my new ps4"...i cannot take that chance.

maybe i just got a bad disc i dont know.....

so it sounds like the issues are wishy washy? some are worse then others.....
    Hi

I had that last night as well. The Battlefield 4 disc couldnt be read at all. I tried to eject the disc and the PS4 said there was no disc in the console!! Turned the PS4 off and on again and that seems to have sorted it. I checked under "system" and my PS4 hasnt recorded this as an error code even though it displayed the E-FFFFFFFF code on screen. Weird. I googled it and it seems to be quite a common error along with that code (not sure if you had this code displayed).

According to other PS4 gamers posting on other forums it doesnt seem to be limited to BF4 although personally speaking it seems to be mainly this game that has given me bother (I had another issue with my PS4 not shutting down corretly after playing BF4 but I have already posted about that sometime ago and thats besides being kicked out at least once in every four or five games) although my copy of Lego Marvel did the same thing once. Alot of gamers are saying its about fingerprints or the need to re install the system firmware. I am not sure of the cause but it would be nice to think its something as simple as a fingerprint!!

What annoys me the most is that I dont get as much free time to game these days so my PS4 is only really played at weekends so it is hardly overuse thats causing me problems!! I will be trying BF4 again later as in my view if anything goes wrong with an underused two month old console its for Sony to sort out. In saying that I dont blame you for being protective of a console that you have spent your hard earned dollars on. Seems to me that DICEs patches could be a major suspect. What a flippin mess.
    Last edited by timewriter2003; 01-12-2014 at 11:14.

Thread Information