Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3

Found a good deal on a XBONE. Should I pull the trigger?

It's a Day One edition still sealed up for $450. I've been scouring Craigslist for the past few weeks and this is pretty much the cheapest I've seen one. Everyone else is still trying to price gouge by asking for $700 lol. The fact that I already have a PS4 and the fact that the XBONE is weaker is kind of scaring me off, but DR3 and Ryse definitely look fun. So...I'm torn. Someone talk me off the ledge.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I wouldnt buy a second console if I already had the Playstation 4 especially regarding the fact that the xbox one is weaker, its your decision to take though.

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Personally I think you should as there will be great games on the Xbone that you won't be able to play anywhere else. Why restrict yourself to one platform? I intend on getting my PS4 first and a Xbone a few months after.

Looks like a good price. Snap it up!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    That's pretty much what is holding me back atm Cyber.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    If this is something you want, then go for it. That is a very good price, and I play my Xbox One just as much as my PS4. I really love Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Forza 5.

Just because the Xbox One may not be as powerful as the PS4, this does not mean it will not put out some sweet games.

Forum Sage

If you have the money available, why not? I hate the idea of not having access to all of the games that come out. I'd hate if I wouldn't be able to play TitanFall/Halo but I'd also hate if I couldn't play Uncharted/infamous

7. Likes $Greatness$ , Lethal likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    It's a Day One edition still sealed up for $450. I've been scouring Craigslist for the past few weeks and this is pretty much the cheapest I've seen one. Everyone else is still trying to price gouge by asking for $700 lol. The fact that I already have a PS4 and the fact that the XBONE is weaker is kind of scaring me off, but DR3 and Ryse definitely look fun. So...I'm torn. Someone talk me off the ledge.
    If you are going by specs, or whatever it is that you've been reading about it being weaker than the PS4, then just save your money. If you want to play games on the console, easy, buy it, buy the games, play them.

9. Likes Fenix likes this post
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    If it's something you want you should probably buy it now before it's gone. Learned that recently myself, and it is a decent price.

For me, I'd probably wait. Though I was a little burned by the last few years of the Xbox 360.. so that's probably just me. :P

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    It's a pretty good deal. Basically if you want it I say go for it but me personally I would wait. I could see a 50 price drop before the end of the year and then the selection will be larger.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    It's a pretty good deal. Basically if you want it I say go for it but me personally I would wait. I could see a 50 price drop before the end of the year and then the selection will be larger.
    Not for a day 1 edition though.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    If it's something you want you should probably buy it now before it's gone. Learned that recently myself, and it is a decent price. For me, I'd probably wait. Though I was a little burned by the last few years of the Xbox 360.. so that's probably just me. :P
    No, its not just you. The last few yrs of 360 disappointed me as well and I'm not confident that MS wont pull the same thing again with the X1. Plus I just dont feel the need for 2 consoles this gen. That being said to the op I would say go for it if you want an X1 and it looks appealing to you.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-11-2014 at 19:18.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Plus I dont feel the need for 2 consoles this gen.
    I feel every gen has the need for all 3 major consoles. Want to play some Forza or Halo later this year? You need an XB1.

Want to play the new Zelda or Mario later this year? You need a Wii U

Want to play inFAMOUS or Killzone? You need a PS4.

Exclusives = the need to own all the consoles. In my opinion of course.

15. Likes FdMstng99, F34R likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    If it has the games you want to play, and you can afford it, then I would go for it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Not for a day 1 edition though.
    True. If he likes the games out right now I would jump. But I wouldn't buy it just because it's day one. But that's just me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I feel every gen has the need for all 3 major consoles. Want to play some Forza or Halo later this year? You need an XB1. Want to play the new Zelda or Mario later this year? You need a Wii U Want to play inFAMOUS or Killzone? You need a PS4. Exclusives = the need to own all the consoles. In my opinion of course.
    Nothing wrong with that. For me I just feel that PS4 will supply me with all the exclusives I need as I prefer the Sony ips anyway and have more confidence in them supplying exclusives all the way through the gen even with new ips and while not having to worry about inferior multiplats anymore (which is why I leaned to 360 last gen more than any other reason ). Best of both worlds in one console. IMO of course.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-11-2014 at 19:37.

Forum Elder
    but DR3 and Ryse definitely look fun. So...I'm torn. Someone talk me off the ledge.
    if you have the money and the price is right, you have to play those games and DR3 with smartglass is such a great edition to gaming.

while i can find fault with how the system works compared to 360, all the games i've played so far are great and with Project Spark due on Xbox (beta) in February. it's a must buy.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I feel every gen has the need for all 3 major consoles. Want to play some Forza or Halo later this year? You need an XB1.

Want to play the new Zelda or Mario later this year? You need a Wii U

Want to play inFAMOUS or Killzone? You need a PS4.

Exclusives = the need to own all the consoles. In my opinion of course.
    That's why we own them all lol.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I'm waiting for a few more games and a $400 price tag, but really can't blame anyone for pulling the trigger on that deal.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I'm waiting for a few more games and a $400 price tag, but really can't blame anyone for pulling the trigger on that deal.
    Not at all. Plus I think some online retailers have Forza 5 at a reduced price. Its the king of racing sims at least until PD can redeem the GT series.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Not at all. Plus I think some online retailers have Forza 5 at a reduced price. Its the king of racing sims at least until PD can redeem the GT series.
    We'll be on Forza 7 before we even see GT announced at an E3 lol. /crosses fingers it's way earlier than that

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    We'll be on Forza 7 before we even see GT announced at an E3 lol. /crosses fingers it's way earlier than that
    LMAO I sure hope not. Maybe with PS4 X86 architecture we'll get it before PS5 launches. lol Seriously though hoping for a reasonable time with PS4 simpler architecture.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    I guess I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. Unless of course I sleep on it and no longer want it, which with me happens a lot lol.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I guess I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. Unless of course I sleep on it and no longer want it, which with me happens a lot lol.
    $#@!, if you don't get it, PM me the link. If it's close enough I'll grab it lol. Never can have too many consoles. That's a good price, no taxes, etc.

edit:

never mind lol, just found one.
    Last edited by F34R; 01-11-2014 at 21:15.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Personally I wouldn't bother unless there were games I really, really wanted to play on it right now. Don't see what it being a first edition adds to the appeal a few months after release either. You'd loose the prestige of owning a day one console if you didn't own it on day one! It will work in exactly the same way as a current retail one, it's not like buying the sports model over a normal version of a new car where you would have extra performance to boast about/use day to day. I'd wait until the first revision of hardware, price drop or at least until the first killer game that I felt I simply had to play at all cost comes out on it..

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Personally I wouldn't bother unless there were games I really, really wanted to play on it right now. Don't see what it being a first edition adds to the appeal a few months after release either. You'd loose the prestige of owning a day one console if you didn't own it on day one! It will work in exactly the same way as a current retail one, it's not like buying the sports model over a normal version of a new car where you would have extra performance to boast about/use day to day. I'd wait until the first revision of hardware, price drop or at least until the first killer game that I felt I simply had to play at all cost comes out on it..
    Yeah if I ever did change my mind and actually consider one I would wait for a really good price drop and a hardware revision. Plus by then there would be a huge backlog of games to play.

Thread Information