The Godless Heathen

A little roll call for"Design Squad"...and some other stuff.

I think we need some ground rules in order to retain the purple name for people around here i say we start cutting people out if they don't give notice and don't participate in at least 2 SotW's per month or 2 Sig request per month.

Also I think we need more people in this group, might I suggest Inducting some members into the design squad that are active at the moment, maybe get some flux going in this place?

So, If you have any other suggestion/ideas you can let me know. Also can I know who is actually leading the "Design Squad" or was leading it when the basically crumbled and I was still somehow a member of it even though i was kinda inactive for like an year?

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Fon, Kuro and spyrde are inactive so you could ask Ghost to remove them. They're welcome to PM you if they return and are interested in helping out again but for now I think the Design Squad should start fresh with you and Kwes.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 01-13-2014 at 20:08.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I would love to see this become a big part of our community again.

If you guys need help with anything I'll be happy to help.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I really want this part of PSU to grow because I think it's a fantastic sub culture that could benefit the site but we need fresh blood. I think also trying to set up some clear cut tutorials on the very basics would be good. I always wanted to get into SOTW but was quite daunted by things like GIMP and the very basic skills required. spyrde made a good GIMP tutorial but I think it could be expanded.

As Black said, shoot me a PM to add/remove peeps.

5. Likes Metal King Slime likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    It simply comes down to the fact that most of the designers are simply not active.

I'll try to keep with the requirements for being a Design Squad member.

And to answer your question MC, I don't know who the leader was. Decisions were made by asking everyone.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    To say the truth If I was a mod I would remove all current design squad members and relaunch the group with a completely new set of individuals. Current designer squad members absence is absurd and they do not contribute to the design corner anymore which is the main reason why its dead, people dont want to request anymore and the organisational aspects of the SOTWs are just plain awful. Its a very big shame that people who really contributed and did something out of the design corner left (Spyrde and Sylar), those were the real and worthy design squad members.
    Due to all recent events I would like to point out that I am not going to participate in any kind of SOTWs organized by the current design squad members, I will only submit entries for requests done by other forum individuals in the requests section, that being said I really hope that the future of the design squad will be a lot better and will contain decent and qualified members.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    To say the truth If I was a mod I would remove all current design squad members and relaunch the group with a completely new set of individuals. Current designer squad members absence is absurd and they do not contribute to the design corner anymore which is the main reason why its dead, people dont want to request anymore and the organisational aspects of the SOTWs are just plain awful. Its a very big shame that people who really contributed and did something out of the design corner left (Spyrde and Sylar), those were the real and worthy design squad members.
    Due to all recent events I would like to point out that I am not going to participate in any kind of SOTWs organized by the current design squad members, I will only submit entries for requests done by other forum individuals in the requests section, that being said I really hope that the future of the design squad will be a lot better and will contain decent and qualified members.
    ...ok? That means about $#@! all coming from you cyber.

I don't remember anyone saying you had to join in. Go sit in a corner and cry about the old days I guess.

9. Likes MentallyCritical likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwes View Post
    ...ok? That means about $#@! all coming from you cyber.

I don't remember anyone saying you had to join in. Go sit in a corner and cry about the old days I guess.
    I wont cry about them, when I wake up I will remember them and they will put a smile on my face
    All my frustration was due to the awful management of the design corner, but now that I wont participate in any SOTWs unless more appropriate members join in, I wont be frustrated as much anymore.

That bold quote perfectly defines current design squad members attitude towards other forum members.

Ultimate Veteran
    Its a very big shame that people who really contributed and did something out of the design corner left (Spyrde and Sylar), those were the real and worthy design squad members.
    That's pretty sad that you only think of two members who were worthy. Fon, Kuro, Kwes and myself also kept the SOTWs moving and helping to advertise in the PlayStation 3 Games forum. Just because I think those who are inactive should be removed doesn't mean they don't deserve thanks for their dedication.

I'm honestly glad you don't have the authority to remove everyone because without one or two active designers (MC or Kwes), there would be no one with experience to lead the usergroup. That and declaring you won't contribute to future SOTWs despite having already submitted an entry only to remove it doesn't help.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    That's pretty sad that you only think of two members who were worthy. Fon, Kuro, Kwes and myself also kept the SOTWs moving and helping to advertise in the PlayStation 3 Games forum. Just because I think those who are inactive should be removed doesn't mean they don't deserve thanks for their dedication.

I'm honestly glad you don't have the authority to remove everyone because without one or two active designers (MC or Kwes), there would be no one with experience to lead the usergroup. That and declaring you won't contribute to future SOTWs despite having already submitted an entry only to remove it doesn't help.
    None of those members you listed can be compared to what Sylar, Spyrde and Vengeful Blur did. Those were the people who with their class, skills and attitude as well as respect gave the design corner a good image and something worth visiting. The rest just kept the SOTWs going and participated in them, thats it. Podsaurus is also a user worth pointing out as he did good contribution as well. This is my opinion however but if you want it to continue like it did for the past two months then go ahead, you will just kill the section. The reset of the SOTWs was probably the most retarded decision ever.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    I'm interested in joining the design squad

Unbound Mercenary
    I wont cry about them, when I wake up I will remember them and they will put a smile on my face
    All my frustration was due to the awful management of the design corner, but now that I wont participate in any SOTWs unless more appropriate members join in, I wont be frustrated as much anymore.

That bold quote perfectly defines current design squad members attitude towards other forum members.
    Great. Smile about the past, whilst complaining about the present.

I'm glad to hear you won't be frustrated, and honestly, DS members aren't staff members. We are just designers with cool sigs, and a different colored name.

The Design Corner won't suffer a bit by one complainer deciding to not complain.

The Godless Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    I would love to see this become a big part of our community again.

If you guys need help with anything I'll be happy to help.
    Alrighty! Will contact you next SotW onwards (If I remember )

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I really want this part of PSU to grow because I think it's a fantastic sub culture that could benefit the site but we need fresh blood. I think also trying to set up some clear cut tutorials on the very basics would be good. I always wanted to get into SOTW but was quite daunted by things like GIMP and the very basic skills required. spyrde made a good GIMP tutorial but I think it could be expanded.

As Black said, shoot me a PM to add/remove peeps.
    You sound like a robot in the first line :P , I can dig some of those Tutorials up but I don't think we have many that use gimp here for example I myself am using PS, also have a bunch of Tutorials laying around for that if you ever wish to switch sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Fon, Kuro and spyrde are inactive so you could ask Ghost to remove them. They're welcome to PM you if they return and are interested in helping out again but for now I think the Design Squad should start fresh with you and Kwes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwes View Post
    It simply comes down to the fact that most of the designers are simply not active.

I'll try to keep with the requirements for being a Design Squad member.

And to answer your question MC, I don't know who the leader was. Decisions were made by asking everyone.
    Ok K-dawg/BS, I'll "lead" provisionally until we get some more activity going at a later stage. Most of my free time is getting chewed up by reddit and college.

Just go through my history mate. I've been here a while, i'm not materialising out of thin air and all of the sudden taking charge.Same goes for Kwes. I just think you're making snap judgement rather than give us a chance. But to be honest if more people feel like this please let me know, so I'll stop bothering with this place . Anyway I'm doing this provisionally until someone better shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    I'm interested in joining the design squad
    Nice! I'll make a thread with the relevant detail's and requirements for new members drive, later this month.

16. Likes Admartian , Ghost , Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by MentallyCritical View Post
    Ok K-dawg/BS, I'll "lead" provisionally until we get some more activity going at a later stage. Most of my free time is getting chewed up by reddit and college.

Just go through my history mate. I've been here a while, i'm not materialising out of thin air and all of the sudden taking charge.Same goes for Kwes. I just think you're making snap judgement rather than give us a chance. But to be honest if more people feel like this please let me know, so I'll stop bothering with this place . Anyway I'm doing this provisionally until someone better shows up.

Nice! I'll make a thread with the relevant detail's and requirements for new members drive, later this month.
    Sounds good MC. You lead the way.

Hell yeah man. We've all done tons of work in keeping this place active back in the day.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I have no excuse for my inactivity.

The Godless Heathen
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I have no excuse for my inactivity.
    Just start being active again

Thread Information