Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

NW-31484-0 Error Yet Its A Not A Network Issue???

Evening

My brother got in touch with me about this error he was updating his friends PS4 console via a USB drive with the latest update because they have no internet, he updated with no issues except one error code NW-31484-0. The official website says the system needs a full restart to solve the network issue but there problem is the console will not play blu-rays and it says the updates solves it but it won't play them.

WTF is wrong and why would Sony bring out a new console that doesn't play BR discs from the launch is stupid.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, WD 1TB Blue 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I hate that error. For me, I had to reset my router. Once you get it to start working here is how you get away from that problem. If you have automatic sign in (on) and you start up your PS4 and it shows you aren't online, don't try to sign in through the PS4 and don't try to click on anything else, just turn off your PS4 through your controller completely and start it back up again, it should then connect. If you try to sign into the PSN network through the PS4 if you somehow didn't get online, it will give you that 31484 error.

Thread Information