Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    that will depend on the lag, no?
    yep. Bandwidth cap is the issue.

Forum Overseer
    2-5mb is not a big deal. especially when these games are not in HD. i doubt they'd even need that much. 2-5mb is requirement for 720p games. over 5mb is 1080p.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    I love it when someone is super good and persistent in his way of downplaying Sony's actual and realized service and overplaying MS's fictional and speculative capabilities.
    Yep, it sure makes for some entertaining reading. lol

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Dude, all they did was was basically announce a beta. We already knew Gaika could stream games. Both MS and sony have already demoed the ability to do it. MS demoed this ability way back in september of last year. With that being said, yes it is impressive what they demoed.. it will be more impressive when we actually get it and it works the way it should.
    lol....Sony demoed it to journalists. MS "demoed" it in an internal company meeting. Since then.....nothing. Unless I missed something. Got an update for us?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

5. Likes Shingo , mistercrow, Omar likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    yea, i know its all pr again..lol
    So far that is all it has been. We've heard so much about the capabilities but not much of substance. So until I see something that they have been claiming it can do I'm not buying the PR fluff. Like Sufi said, all I'm seeing is that it purely for dedicated servers. Sony acted on theirs. I haven't seen that yet from MS. Just potential talk.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

7. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    So far that is all it has been. We've heard so much about the capabilities but not much of substance. So until I see something that they have been claiming it can do I'm not buying the PR fluff. Like Sufi said, all I'm seeing is that it purely for dedicated servers. Sony acted on theirs. I haven't seen that yet from MS. Just potential talk.
    and i was actually joking. it was a satire lol but true.

Ultimate Veteran
    so much fail in that. what you fail to understand is that MS cloud isn't primarily a streaming service. From my understanding it has computational abilities that the devs will be able to take advantage of but has the ability to stream content. PS now/gaikai is for streaming only. Do you get that azure is a full on cloud service that competes with others.

Windows Azure beats Amazon EC2, Google App Engine in cloud speed test

http://arstechnica.com/business/2011...ud-speed-test/

I don't get what all the chest beating is about. Its not like we didn't know this stuff was coming. Its way too early to be throwing the smoke and mirrors claim around.
    Again, it fails to answer the question.. What does it all mean? We all know there are thousands of Azure servers. Besides using electricity, what do they do for gaming?

Like it or not, the two show-pieces for "the power of the cloud" have been anything but when it comes to showcasing the power of a games console. The rubber is not meeting the road. It's a classic case of over-promising and under delivering from MS.

10. Likes Shingo , mistercrow likes this post
    Super Elite
    Hmmmm says the same people who tried to make a system without a disc tray? So they know it is the future they are just gagging at the fact that you really don't need a ps4 or a vita to play old ps games lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Actually we've heard plenty of 'Substance' just not much of anything from MS. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 01-14-2014 at 18:44.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    and i was actually joking. it was a satire lol but true.
    Joking or not it's the truth.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

14. Likes Omar likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by dondidit View Post
    Hmmmm says the same people who tried to make a system without a disc tray? So they know it is the future they are just gagging at the fact that you really don't need a ps4 or a vita to play old ps games lol.
    This is what I was thinking the whole time when reading this.Of course they will downplay it when the competition comes out with something along the same lines of what they want/ed to do

16. Likes dondidit likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Again, it fails to answer the question.. What does it all mean? We all know there are thousands of Azure servers. Besides using electricity, what do they do for gaming?

Like it or not, the two show-pieces for "the power of the cloud" have been anything but when it comes to showcasing the power of a games console. The rubber is not meeting the road. It's a classic case of over-promising and under delivering from MS.
    now we all know ms isn't the only one guilty of that one. That amnesia is back again....lol

We are talking about two services that are still in a early stage for this gen. Its much too early to be saying who is over promising and under delivering. Both sony and ms have demoed streaming capabilities, but MS is offering computational capabilities to the devs. What does it all mean? I don't really know the ins and outs of it and i wont try to act like i do, but devs have spoken about it and they said certain tasks (like AI and some rendering)can be off loaded to the cloud freeing up resources for the console hardware.

What you don't understand is they both are cloud but one is only for streaming and the other can actually aid in development. Lets just wait until the devs get more time before all the chest beating over it.

Quote Originally Posted by dondidit View Post
    yep, and now that the other side is talking digital streaming and its the greatest thing ever...lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 01-14-2014 at 22:28.

18. Likes dondidit likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style

yep, and now that the other side is talking digital streaming and its the greatest thing ever...lol
    ahhh, nice of you not to pay attention at all. You are looking at this completely wrong. So for the streaming we already know that Sony is all for having options. streaming will most likely be just another option. You wouldn't be forced to using for future current console games.

And before you start to twist anything, lets just remember that Microsoft wanted Digital only for their Xbox One, they were not going to give any options. This isn't the case with Sony.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think the discussion/topic/argument went way beyond the basics of Phil Spencer answering a question lol. He said he didn't think Xbox One will be the last console we see the way they are right now. It was blown WAY out of proportion, and now we have this. smh

He didn't say it isn't the future. How the hell is he to know what the future holds? He gave his thoughts. That's like saying Sony believes that this is the last time we'll see a home console the way they are now. Why? Because they are going to be offering PS3 games via streaming!! Duh.

Super Elite
    Microsoft are just PR talk they say whatever just to please the gamers without clarity of the real issue
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

22. Likes dondidit likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    This is what I was thinking the whole time when reading this.Of course they will downplay it when the competition comes out with something along the same lines of what they want/ed to do

Yeah lol so MS needs to cough it up and stop complaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Where did Microsoft downplay it?

Ultimate Veteran
    now we all know ms isn't the only one guilty of that one. That amnesia is back again....lol

We are talking about two services that are still in a early stage for this gen. Its much too early to be saying who is over promising and under delivering. Both sony and ms have demoed streaming capabilities, but MS is offering computational capabilities to the devs. What does it all mean? I don't really know the ins and outs of it and i wont try to act like i do, but devs have spoken about it and they said certain tasks (like AI and some rendering)can be off loaded to the cloud freeing up resources for the console hardware.

What you don't understand is they both are cloud but one is only for streaming and the other can actually aid in development. Lets just wait until the devs get more time before all the chest beating over it.

Well, let me be clearer with what I'm getting at here.
    MS is perfectly content to have us sitting back and using our imaginations for what their cloud service can do. After all, they are the ones here with low-balled system specs struggling to run last-gen engines like Call of Duty at an acceptable pace.

Meanwhile, Sony is meeting their goals and not really leaving their messaging up to the imagination of anyone.

Dat cloud 'tho.

Veteran
    Typical downplaying PR because they were beat to the punch on this. You have to laugh though. Remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McGill
    “I think people may have spoken about that originally, but that’s long gone,” he said. “Blu-ray is going to be passed by as a format. People have moved through DVDs to digital downloads and digital streaming, so we offer full high-definition 1080p Blu-ray streaming instantly [through the Xbox 360], no download, no delay.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...executive.html

Forum Overseer
    funny because we still don't truly have 1080p or even true 720p through streaming. they claim it but their bitrate is $#@! compared to actual blu-ray discs. and even blu-rays are downsampled when formatted from the actual film reel.

but you know how PR is, idiots that fool others.

28. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Can someone link me to the downplaying please...

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Can someone link me to the downplaying please...
    i think spencer's comment is irrelevant because he's talking about OnLive and missed a huge point that he pointed out himself even. how funny.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    i think spencer's comment is irrelevant because he's talking about OnLive and missed a huge point that he pointed out himself even. how funny.
    Where is that at? The tweet the OP is talking about doesn't say anything like what you posted.

Forum Overseer
    "Spencer stated that he thinks a machine that can handle local computing will 'be important for a long time.'"

basically his comment about PS Now (if it was about PS Now) is irrelevant. because it would not get either the latency issues or the local computing issues. especially lol@ computing issues, MS is one to talk about power.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    "Spencer stated that he thinks a machine that can handle local computing will 'be important for a long time.'"

basically his comment about PS Now (if it was about PS Now) is irrelevant. because it would not get either the latency issues or the local computing issues. especially lol@ computing issues, MS is one to talk about power.
    You're reading from an article, and not the actual tweet.

That article adds it's own little twist into a few simple replies Phil gave on twitter. See where this thread has gone, and what its even about. Phil, nor did Microsoft, downplay, etc. It was a simple question, with a simple answer.

34. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information