Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's coming to PC. It's just a matter of when. Rockstar have always released games late on PC

Master Sage
    Not many people game exclusively on PC anymore, likely most who wanted to play it already have and Rockstar know this.
    30million+ sales is also a good hint.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Not many people game exclusively on PC anymore, likely most who wanted to play it already have and Rockstar know this.
    30million+ sales is also a good hint.
    Any more. Any more. Consoles always have been more popular than PC gaming.

Elite Sage
    Most but not all. Many of my friends haven't bought it and are waiting for the PC version. consoles just don't do it for me anymore, unfortunately.

PSN ID
    Fumoffu_Sousuke
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Only reason why people want it on the PC is so they can get it for free lol. Rockstar ain't no fool!!!!!!!!! I doubt it comes to the PC honestly. Did Red Dead Redemption ever make it to the PC?
    Not really. Most people want it on PC because it'll look & run way better than the PS3/360 version. And we can't forget about all them tasty mods, mmm mods.

Elite Sage
    No no. We only want to pirate our games! because as well all know the PS3 and 360 were completely exempt from piracy .

No one ever leaked the games weeks before release on those platforms either. Nothing but saints on consoles

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    No no. We only want to pirate our games! because as well all know the PS3 and 360 were completely exempt from piracy .

No one ever leaked the games weeks before release on those platforms either. Nothing but saints on consoles
    Anyone with a PC can pirate PC games. It takes a modified 360 and PS3 to pirate games. The PS3 piracy is much lower seeing how you must have a PS3 that came stock 3.50 or lower.

Piracy is insanely higher on the PC. There is absolutely no doubting that.

Elite Sage
    Of course, but don't act all PC gamers want to do is pirate games when the fact is console gamers are just as likely to pirate games. Not all PC gamers are pirates.

I can't tell the last time i pirated a game. Maybe the first Crysis to see if it would run on my PC when it came out. Since then I bought it twice both on physical disk and also through Steam.

It's not any harder to pirate games on PC than it is the 360, Wii, DS or PSP.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Of course, but don't act all PC gamers want to do is pirate games when the fact is console gamers are just as likely to pirate games. Not all PC gamers are pirates.
    Console games are not at all as likely to pirate. The PC can pirate games without any sort of system modifications.

Anyways, we should get back on topic. We can create a separate thread debating who pirates more.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Console games are not at all as likely to pirate. The PC can pirate games without any sort of system modifications.

Anyways, we should get back on topic. We can create a separate thread debating who pirates more.
    You started it. Super moderator.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    You started it. Super moderator.

I also ended it. *flexin*

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus

I can't tell the last time i pirated a game. Maybe the first Crysis to see if it would run on my PC when it came out. Since then I bought it twice both on physical disk and also through Steam.

It's not any harder to pirate games on PC than it is the 360, Wii, DS or PSP.
    It actually takes way more effort to pirate on any of those but the PC. With PC it's just go to a torrent site and start downloading, after that you easily replace some files(doesn't even take a minute) and bam working $60 game. Sure it's not so hard to mod your PSP or DS but it still takes effort and you can screw up leading to more time consumed, which is why most people just don't even bother. As for the PS3/360 takes even more effort and if you get caught playing online you can get your system banned, again another reason people refuse to even bother with it. I remember pirating Saints Row 4 for the PC, before my friend even had got it for midnight launch, so it really is that easy lol.

If the video is fake or not, this game will eventually come out to PC. The PC gaming market isn't as big for paid games, most PC gamers like the free-to-play and pay as you go method. A good example is League of Legends, it's the most played game in the world so there definitely is a PC market for the game to be sold to and to be profitable. Like others have said same thing happened with GTA4, I don't blame them at all for waiting. Many other game companies are doing the same, Naruto Ninja Storm 3 and Metal Gear Rising both came out months later on the PC with a reduced price cut and did well.

Forum Overseer

GTA5 has 30m+ sales? O_O

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    GTA5 has 30m+ sales? O_O
    Had 29 million last October.

http://kotaku.com/gta-v-hits-29-mill...e-m-1454269789

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    It actually takes way more effort to pirate on any of those but the PC. With PC it's just go to a torrent site and start downloading, after that you easily replace some files(doesn't even take a minute) and bam working $60 game. Sure it's not so hard to mod your PSP or DS but it still takes effort and you can screw up leading to more time consumed, which is why most people just don't even bother. As for the PS3/360 takes even more effort and if you get caught playing online you can get your system banned, again another reason people refuse to even bother with it. I remember pirating Saints Row 4 for the PC, before my friend even had got it for midnight launch, so it really is that easy lol.

If the video is fake or not, this game will eventually come out to PC. The PC gaming market isn't as big for paid games, most PC gamers like the free-to-play and pay as you go method. A good example is League of Legends, it's the most played game in the world so there definitely is a PC market for the game to be sold to and to be profitable. Like others have said same thing happened with GTA4, I don't blame them at all for waiting. Many other game companies are doing the same, Naruto Ninja Storm 3 and Metal Gear Rising both came out months later on the PC with a reduced price cut and did well.
    End of the day both are just moving a few files around.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    GTA 5 bug log lists PC version and DirectX 11 effects
    As the petition asking Rockstar to bring GTA 5 to PC passes 650,000 signees, yet more evidence for a PC edition has emerged. This time it's a 150-page bug log detailing issues arising from hundreds of GTA 5 builds tested between April 2009 and August 2013, with reference to a "PC version" from as early as June 2012.

The document contains over 170 references to PC development bugs, numerous notes on DX11 support and a related "smog" weather setting, mention of a "lastgen" toggle used during development and bugs relating to 64-bit system testing.

The log confirms the date of every major control system overhaul, with internal deadlines leading up to press showings. There are annotations from Rockstar developers like programmer Robert Schmitz and senior level designer Kenneth Ross, and references to proprietary Rockstar management systems.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/17/gt...tx-11-effects/

Forum Overseer

if there's a PC version, there has to be an X1/PS4 version.

18. Likes Justin likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I said it before and I will say it again, it makes sense from a business stand point to re-release GTAV for the PS4 and Xbox One. Update the game visually, add in the additional content, and voila! Would be nice if a $10 upgrade option came about for those who already own it on PS3 though.

9 years and counting!

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I said it before and I will say it again, it makes sense from a business stand point to re-release GTAV for the PS4 and Xbox One. Update the game visually, add in the additional content, and voila! Would be nice if a $10 upgrade option came about for those who already own it on PS3 though.
    don't think they will do the upgrade. they know people will pay again.

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    don't think they will do the upgrade. they know people will pay again.
    Perhaps many would, but not me. Luckily for me I have yet to buy the game and am holding out in high hopes of a next gen version! Since the release of GTAV there has been so much speculation I thought it would be worth the wait (plus I had a lot to play already).

An upgrade option would be more welcomed opposed to having current owners pay full price for an upgraded version. The backlash would be quite significant in my opinion if they took this route, but providing a discount to current owners would be very classy!

9 years and counting!

Forum Overseer

it would definitely be nice if they had some sort of a discount as i would likely upgrade as well. though they really gotta fix the online. or at least give us 64 players, nothing less. i wish you could just do stuff around the city rather than accepting missions outside the rooms.

23. Likes Justin likes this post
    Elite Sage

GTAV PC footage Leaked?!

Of course it's coming. They wouldn't not release it on PC at all. Only game they've done recently that received no PC love was RDR (wish I played it)

Any who, I'm just looking forward to what the community can bring to the game this time. Modding made GTA IV infinitely better and I have no doubt they modding scene will do more crazy stuff this time.

Might install the GTA IV iron man mod again and blow some $#@! up

Forum Overseer

GTA 5 needs A LOT OF MODDING. it has potential but practically a broken game.

Supreme Veteran
    They $#@!ed up GTA4 for PC big time, the shadows are more like dot matrix blotches than actual shadows.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    saw someone mod GTA4 to have GTA5 map today on gaf.

Thread Information