Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Really? Might have to look into that!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Really? Might have to look into that!
    it looked good but GTA4's engine really shows its age no matter what you do to it

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Even though these were rumors and such, there's more and more rumors going around so I think it's actually not going to take that much of a time before we'll see something legit appear about a PC version I've got in on my ps3 right now but I honestly can't be bothered actually playing it.. I just really don't like such games having controllers.. I prefer this with keyboard and mouse, that's how I love this! Hoping for it soon

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    Even though these were rumors and such, there's more and more rumors going around so I think it's actually not going to take that much of a time before we'll see something legit appear about a PC version I've got in on my ps3 right now but I honestly can't be bothered actually playing it.. I just really don't like such games having controllers.. I prefer this with keyboard and mouse, that's how I love this! Hoping for it soon
    is it stupid to ask why you bought it on the PS3 then?

Forum Sage
    Impatience. Just what R* wanted

Amazon accidentally put it up on their website recently for an end of March release date. As soon as something concrete is announced I'll be happy. Fingers crossed it has Steam Workshop compatibility.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Grand Theft Auto is one of those franchise which provide the best experience on pc only so I think that there will certainly be a pc version which is going to be released this spring or summer.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Grand Theft Auto is one of those franchise which provide the best experience on pc only so I think that there will certainly be a pc version which is going to be released this spring or summer.
    mods are cool and all but more importantly, they need to seriously go MMO next-gen. the game has far more potential than just having more players and/or mods. but at least that would be fun for the time being. GTA 5 itself would be fun to mess about but there's not much more to do. PC would benefit from a true next-gen multiplat instead.

Forum Sage
    Would be cool if the same guys who modded in 1000 player games into Just Cause 2 did the same for GTA V

Forum Overseer
    there's a 1000 player mod for just cause 2? damn! that's practically an MMO...i'd say even better in some ways.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Well, I like the GTA series, so I already play on it on my ps3. I didn't really care whether it was ps3, I like the game, I barely play it, but I do from time to time! Just don't like playing with the controller on gta :P but I do play it though

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
    Well, I like the GTA series, so I already play on it on my ps3. I didn't really care whether it was ps3, I like the game, I barely play it, but I do from time to time! Just don't like playing with the controller on gta :P but I do play it though
    that might be because the movements are so slow in the game due to the engine they use (is it called inertia? or something like that). they really need to update the engine to where it doesn't affect your movement as much.

it seems that the engine is nice with hit reaction but it's very ill in response.

you would get the same issue on PC however it would be far easier to aim and you wouldn't need the heavy stick-on autoaim this game has.

Forum Sage
    there's a 1000 player mod for just cause 2? damn! that's practically an MMO...i'd say even better in some ways.
    Oh Sufi, you've been out of the loop. It launched just before Xmas. It's pretty hectic. Only a few servers with 1000 players but most have upwards of 600+

Little things like this why PC gets my love. Gotta' love what the community can make. Same reason why i can't wait for what the community does with GTA V

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    mods are cool and all but more importantly, they need to seriously go MMO next-gen. the game has far more potential than just having more players and/or mods. but at least that would be fun for the time being. GTA 5 itself would be fun to mess about but there's not much more to do. PC would benefit from a true next-gen multiplat instead.
    MMOs are awful and very repetitive, the main focus being grinding for hours. If Grand Theft Auto goes that way it will loose its whole concept which makes it so successful, like you can see the online is just playin stupid and is a horrible experience mainly because with the multiplayer they tried to introduce some MMO elements. If gta vi will be an mmo I wont even buy that $#@!.

Forum Sage
    GTA:O is already a grind. In groups though they can be quite fun.

My hope is that GTA V online can be everything APB failed to be. That APB had an awesome character creation and it had a lot of good ideas but failed in the execution. Hopefully GTA online can be that game to fill that urban MMO gap.

Forum Overseer
    Oh Sufi, you've been out of the loop. It launched just before Xmas. It's pretty hectic. Only a few servers with 1000 players but most have upwards of 600+

Little things like this why PC gets my love. Gotta' love what the community can make. Same reason why i can't wait for what the community does with GTA V
    oh i know. that's one of the reasons i do like the PC. also i only play PC games for MMOs or would...because i've only played WoW on it for a couple of years. and was going to build a PC this year just to play MMOs. that is one area where i find it attractive and is moving forward faster than the consoles without being affected by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    MMOs are awful and very repetitive, the main focus being grinding for hours. If Grand Theft Auto goes that way it will loose its whole concept which makes it so successful, like you can see the online is just playin stupid and is a horrible experience mainly because with the multiplayer they tried to introduce some MMO elements. If gta vi will be an mmo I wont even buy that $#@!.
    MMOs are awful if not done right. i would expect all next-gen games to become semi-MMO, not the crappy ones we're used to though. think like The Division. that's the future. i want GTA 6 to be like second life.

Forum Sage
    Have the confirmed how many players the division will have per server? I keep seeing MMO get thrown around for it but no word on player count. I'm hoping it's more than 150 per server at least

Forum Overseer
    Have the confirmed how many players the division will have per server? I keep seeing MMO get thrown around for it but no word on player count. I'm hoping it's more than 150 per server at least
    it has to be. i'd have to look at the video again but the impression they gave was that it would be very massive. likely hundreds of players if not thousands.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Oh yes I can imagine the chaos and the lag with hundreds and hundreds of players.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Fake

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk 2
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Quote Originally Posted by =WaxWeazle View Post
    I was also impatient so i borrowed my Friend's GTA V for the PS3. I think my percentage was about 53%? I couldn't finish the game during Christmas break since my PS3 crapped out. Hoping to get it repaired this Sunday and see if i can borrow it again to complete it. I'm also buying the PC version for the visuals and of course the Mods. Let's hope this time the Porting for GTA V isn't buggy like GTA IV. I'm pretty Rockstar learned their lesson after porting GTA IV to the PC.

Thread Information