Forum Sage

Gamer Types (Hardcore, Casual, etc.)

I am trying to figure out the types of gamers out there and how some of us identify ourselves.

How do you identify yourself? (Hardcore, Casual, etc.)

Do you consider yourself to be a hardcore gamer? If yes, what makes you hardcore?

Do you consider yourself to be a casual gamer? If yes, what makes you casual?

What other gamer types are out there? Can someone who plays games primarily on iOS be considered hardcore?

Forum Elder
    Weird. I was going to make this thread and here it is.

Anyway I'm casual, usually buy only the biggest titles. I only play on ps4.. i like to read and talk about gaming as much as I like to play.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I am kinda both, I play many games but also like to concentrate on some for a long time and really learn to play them well, I dont play on consoles much and I am more pc oriented but that doesnt really make me hardcore. I guess I am a mixture in between. Its actually quite hard to define a hardcore-gamer.

5. Likes Libra-75, sainraja likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    I'm kinda like cyber

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4
    ID:XxRichie98xX

"Play life,with 100% save!"

7. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    I guess I see myself as a casual hardcore gamer. If that makes any sense? It's basically what Cybertox describes. I have a big interest in games and I play quite much. I play many different games, not only focusing on one game as some "real" hardcore gamers do. I'm not very competative and don't play in a clan or something like that. As I see it, joining a clan is typical for hardcore gamers. I generally don't like casual games like Just Dance or other party games. So, I find myself somewhere in between casual and hardcore, maybe leaning a little bit more toward hardcore than casual.

9. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Used to be hardcore.
    Would play HL2CTF for hours with clan mates just using 1 weapon, no time limits or frag limits, then switch to another weapon and continue.
    I got really good.

Last edited by keefy; 01-16-2014 at 22:37.

11. Likes Cybertox , sainraja likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Quote Originally Posted by Libra-75 View Post
    I guess I see myself as a casual hardcore gamer. If that makes any sense? It's basically what Cybertox describes. I have a big interest in games and I play quite much. I play many different games, not only focusing on one game as some "real" hardcore gamers do. I'm not very competative and don't play in a clan or something like that. As I see it, joining a clan is typical for hardcore gamers. I generally don't like casual games like Just Dance or other party games. So, I find myself somewhere in between casual and hardcore, maybe leaning a little bit more toward hardcore than casual.
    In a nutshell this.
    I play every day without fail, which will be impossible to do when I'm in the army. I rack in a good 4-10 hours per day dependant on work commitments.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

13. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I am a guy that likes to play a large variety of games, but not master any particular one. I love to collect games and follow the industry closely.

I'm not a casual book reader or hardcore movie watcher so I'm not an anything gamer

15. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    kipkebab92
    Hardcore gamer here :P

Why?
    I love gaming.. It's in my veigns
    Have been gaming on all sorts of platforms since forever and It's only getting worse :P
    I just love it. Where people think it's a waste of time, I think it's a good way of distraction from a lot of things, which is how I got into actual hardcore gaming.. I started of as a casual one but I went to hardcore gaming during the hard years of high school (as it wasn't easy for me (not the school, but more personal stuff and such)). I'm honestly glad I'm into gaming, I'm not the outgoing type. Friends go out every weekend, I never go out and I don't want to either. I've gone a few times with'm but I was so bored as $#@!... I was glad to be home again
    Sooo yeah.. Hardcore gamer, thus my whole setup :P
    I started collecting physical copies of games (even if I have a steam copy e.g. I'd buy the game physically to have a physical copy on my shelf as a collection.
    Trying to get a lot of collectors editions too but sadly enough it's a pain in the ass for some games as apparently 'Murica seems to deserve some that EU doesn't get :'/
    Can't get my hands on Titanfall collectors edition nor South Park collectors edition.. Thanks a bunch 'Murica :/
    Last edited by WaxWeazle; 01-22-2014 at 05:33.

Elite Sage
    I've never liked the term 'hardcore gamer'.

I'd class myself as a gaming enthusiast. I spend a lot of money on my gaming set up and buy games frequently but I don't have as much free time as I used to have to play games.

The time I can't play games I sorbs foruming and reading about games. My love for gaming is just as it has always been bit difficult to balance everything equally.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I don't like to classify myself as a hardcore gamer. I'm very passionate about gaming. Have been since I was little. When I think of a hardcore gamer I think if someone that spend every waking minute devoted to games. Well in their time where they aren't doing life's obligations. So in that I would classify myself as a middle of the road gamer. I'm not hardcore and I'm not casual.

I'm on the up and up of everything releasing, I spend a great deal of my time gaming, but I will also go a week or two without touching a controller. But I play a bunch of games every year because of gamefly.

Casual to me is someone who might get excited about the big titles but general only buy select games and usually after they have been released a little while. Also likes the fad type games like COD and Madden. Of course there is nothing wrong with that. They enjoy gaming their own way just like I do.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 01-22-2014 at 10:56.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Great $#@! up mullah!
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 01-22-2014 at 11:36.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Definitely not a hardcore Gamer...but I was a hardcore SoCom player! As in 2 days or more marathon session's, skipping school, Clan battles etc multiple controllers Broken, buying multiple hardware just for one game

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thread Information